BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #23
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
Singapore Gray Metallic *HANDS DOWN* one of he best new ///M color!

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 10:22 PM   #24
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by diononiz View Post
I have sapphire black and like it but I have to admit it does look dusty wthin 48 hours after cleaning. I do really like Singapore Grey and would encourage you to take a look at it also.
+1, love my Black Saph but dust!! haha
      03-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #25
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Here my in Sakhir Orange so you can have a look. This color is hard to capture in pics, best seen in person, but I absolutely love it, and people seem to do so as well. Can't park it anywhere without having at least one stranger snap pictures of it.
Beautiful!!! Hey your car is obviously lowered, what did you go with H&R? Do you have wheel spacers? Looks perfect
      03-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #26
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM
Quote:
Here my in Sakhir Orange so you can have a look. This color is hard to capture in pics, best seen in person, but I absolutely love it, and people seem to do so as well. Can't park it anywhere without having at least one stranger snap pictures of it.
Beautiful!!! Hey your car is obviously lowered, what did you go with H&R? Do you have wheel spacers? Looks perfect
Appreciate the compliments man. I have 10mm spacers all around and H&R springs. I actually put the spacers in before the springs because I was on the fence about them, but with the spacers in and stock height the front tires protruded about 2mm too far out and my cars stance looked like that of an old muscle car. Then I was left with two choices either remove the spacers or lower the car (which in turn would cause the wheels to camber in a bit, especially the front). Once lowered the wheels were spaced perfectly to my liking and the cars stance looks great. The ride quality suffered a bit though, but nothing unbearable, still better than my Gallardo. I'm waiting for KW's HAS kit to become available for the F12/F13 M6 so that someone can try it out and let me know if ride quality is better than on H&Rs, if it is I may swap mine for those but I'm definitely not going back to stock height again.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 10:39 PM   #27
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate the compliments man. I have 10mm spacers all around and H&R springs. I actually put the spacers in before the springs because I was on the fence about them, but with the spacers in and stock height the front tires protruded about 2mm too far out and my cars stance looked like that of an old muscle car. Then I was left with two choices either remove the spacers or lower the car (which in turn would cause the wheels to camber in a bit, especially the front). Once lowered the wheels were spaced perfectly to my liking and the cars stance looks great. The ride quality suffered a bit though, but nothing unbearable, still better than my Gallardo. I'm waiting for KW's HAS kit to become available for the F12/F13 M6 so that someone can try it out and let me know if ride quality is better than on H&Rs, if it is I may swap mine for those but I'm definitely not going back to stock height again.
It looks great!! Wonder how it looks lowered and no spacers? I had heard some peeps having trouble with wheel vibration with the spacer, you experience that?
      03-23-2014, 10:51 PM   #28
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM
Quote:
It looks great!! Wonder how it looks lowered and no spacers? I had heard some peeps having trouble with wheel vibration with the spacer, you experience that?
My guess would be that, if dropped, the wheels would fall to deep into the wells without the spacers. I've heard that the Macht Schnell spacers tend to cause vibrations on the 2013s which do not have the updated control arms for the suspension, but it's mostly cause they intensify the vibrations that are already there, mainly because the Macht don't feature the beveled face to match the bevel found inside the stock wheels, their face is completely flat, and for that reason they don't fit completely flush with the stock wheels making the vibrations already present in the suspension all the more noticeable. The H&Rs have the bevel so I've heard they don't amplify the vibrations on MY13 cars. My car has the Comp Pack so I don't have the issues with the vibrations to begin with, but just to be safe I went with H&R Spacers rather than Macht cause I do have the stock wheels and want to make sure the bevel is filled correctly, and so far no vibrations or such issues to report.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #29
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre
I have the F12 M6 vert in Sakhir Orange with Silverstone and I totally agree, folks love the color and love to take pictures. Only problem I have is keeping the Silverstone clean and just about every kid wants to race. Good luck with your selection.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #30
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Quote:
Well spotted sir. You in South Florida as well? I'm in Aventura, but spend a lot of time around Weston (San Michelle and The Ridges). Perhaps we've ran into each other before.
I saw you at the Walgreens. Your M6 looks sick nicely modded.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2014, 10:23 PM   #31
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3
Quote:
Well spotted sir. You in South Florida as well? I'm in Aventura, but spend a lot of time around Weston (San Michelle and The Ridges). Perhaps we've ran into each other before.
I saw you at the Walgreens. Your M6 looks sick nicely modded.
Thank you man. I appreciate it. M Performance Exhaust is up next. Should be on within the next couple of weeks. Very excited for that.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0