BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      02-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #1
AlexMSFT
Naturally-aspirated
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M6 - Carbon Black

6NF and 6FL from TCU/MULF to Combox

I'm trying to figure out why my 6NF and 6FL aren't working.
Here's the story:
I have an 09 M6 with CCC, 6NF and 6FL from the factory (and both TCU and MULF), with an iPod Touch in it's cradle and it was working fine. I just did the CIC and Combox retrofits and everything is working well except for 6NF and 6FL.
When I was doing the Combox retrofit, I noticed that under my MULF there was this USB hub with two inputs (one white, one blue) and one black out to the MULF. So I connected the black output connector to the black input on the Combox and left the blue and white connected to the hub, but it's not working.

My question is has anyone else run into this (had 6FL & 6NF with CCC, TCU & MULF with USB hub, retrofit to a CIC and Combox) and what's the correct way to hook this up? I tried getting rid of the hub and connecting the white to the black and blue to blue, but the white cable connector doesn't fit the black receptacle on the combox because of the notches...

Here's what it looks like connected to the hub (black one went to black on MULF).

Thinking about a new M4 or M5/6 for first European Delivery...
Appreciate 0