02-11-2014, 06:20 PM   #45
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
This is great info. Thanks for that. I know that these cars are more expensive for you guys in Canada VS us in the USA. Still, I will let you know how things are on my end, becuase with the knowledge you provided in the above post, I will keep my eye out for discounts on the out going X6 when production starts on the F chassis X6.
Yes, probably I will also trade in my 650GC when production of F chassis X6 starts. and then probably I just need to pay around $10000 extra to get a brand new X6M
I will go to visit dealership in later this week or next week to find out the best price I can get for a X6M now. will also keep you informed.
I think if I gonna do the trade in right now, I can also get out a deal for me.
Asked my Sales person did a basic trade in value calculation for me just ago, my 650GC is worth around 105,000+13%HST now. This is $118650 in total. A brand new X6M will be around $123,000. When shall I do the trade-in, it really becomes a problem?:c onfused2
Pay around $5000 right now to get a 2014 x6m or enjoy the GC little bit longer and pay the $10000.
Anyway, I gonna go to visit dealer soon to find out a deal works for me.
It's possible that I will hand in my key next week and bring a x6m BACK HOME.

I bought some parts for my GC and never been installed, but just suddenly I want a X6M so badly.
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 06:54 PM   #46
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Yes, probably I will also trade in my 650GC when production of F chassis X6 starts. and then probably I just need to pay around $10000 extra to get a brand new X6M
I will go to visit dealership in later this week or next week to find out the best price I can get for a X6M now. will also keep you informed.
I think if I gonna do the trade in right now, I can also get out a deal for me.
Asked my Sales person did a basic trade in value calculation for me just ago, my 650GC is worth around 105,000+13%HST now. This is $118650 in total. A brand new X6M will be around $123,000. When shall I do the trade-in, it really becomes a problem?:c onfused2
Pay around $5000 right now to get a 2014 x6m or enjoy the GC little bit longer and pay the $10000.
Anyway, I gonna go to visit dealer soon to find out a deal works for me.
It's possible that I will hand in my key next week and bring a x6m BACK HOME.

I bought some parts for my GC and never been installed, but just suddenly I want a X6M so badly.
It seems like we have the same taste in cars my friend.

Last February, the warranty was about to expire on my 2009 X6, so I was weighing my options of either extending the warranty, or getting a new car. After about a month of "should I, or shouldn't I", I walked into the dealership with three build print outs from BMW USA.com. I had two different X6M builds, and one GC build.

After talking with the Dealer, and crunching numbers, the GC I ended up taking was a bit less expensive than either of the X6M's I had in mind. The GC was also so new and just an incredible looking car, especially the interior, I couldn't resist, lol.

LIke I said earlier, It is my humble opinion that the 6GC is the most beautiful BMW to date, and one of the hottest cars on the road, but the X6 is just more my style. After a few months of driving the GC, then after some kid put a scratch on the passenger side rear door last summer, I think about getting into an X6M almost daily. This winter we have been having is another reason I miss having the utility of an SUV/SAC.

I will take your advice and start crunching the numbers on a 13/14 X6M when the 2015 LCI models go into productions which is only a few months away. This time, I won't be so impulsive and go for the first "pretty girl" I see, lol. I should know better, but I fell for the GC's obvious charm last year.
      02-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #47
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
It seems like we have the same taste in cars my friend.

Last February, the warranty was about to expire on my 2009 X6, so I was weighing my options of either extending the warranty, or getting a new car. After about a month of "should I, or shouldn't I", I walked into the dealership with three build print outs from BMW USA.com. I had two different X6M builds, and one GC build.

After talking with the Dealer, and crunching numbers, the GC I ended up taking was a bit less expensive than either of the X6M's I had in mind. The GC was also so new and just an incredible looking car, especially the interior, I couldn't resist, lol.

LIke I said earlier, It is my humble opinion that the 6GC is the most beautiful BMW to date, and one of the hottest cars on the road, but the X6 is just more my style. After a few months of driving the GC, then after some kid put a scratch on the passenger side rear door last summer, I think about getting into an X6M almost daily. This winter we have been having is another reason I miss having the utility of an SUV/SAC.

I will take your advice and start crunching the numbers on a 13/14 X6M when the 2015 LCI models go into productions which is only a few months away. This time, I won't be so impulsive and go for the first "pretty girl" I see, lol. I should know better, but I fell for the GC's obvious charm last year.
Goodluck with your next purchase. Bud
For me the story is little bit different. Actually, when I was pretty satisfied with my last X6 3.5i, but I just felt is was underpowered. I still remember I was smoked by a tuned Acura TL on night. Since then, I decided to get a new car. When my old x6 got 50000kms on it, I went to my dealer and talked about my next purchase.
Similarly, I also wanted x6m or MB ML63 at that time. Went to test drove a ml63, it is just not my car. It is luxury it is true, but I just felt it does not suit my personality.
I went back BMW dealer and wanted to tell my sales person, i want a x6m. However, when I steped into dealership, the 6gc appeared in front me. it really opened my heart at that time. I even did not think about other staffs, just called my significant other and told her I want a 6gc instead of x6m and signed mu contract at almost the same time. The price was little bit more than $130,000 cdn, so actually it was way expensive than a fully loaded x6m.
After around 9 months ownership, I just felt it is not a car for me. It is true that 6gc is a car near perfection and everybody sees it admits it is a sexy car.
However, it is just not a car suit for my dd needs. I do not need to wear formal clothes to work everyday and I am doing my second bachelar degree now. I am a 28 year old college student. My own bussiness is also nothing about statement.

the more I think, the more I feel x6m is all I need. fast, powerful, practical and stylish.
Anyway, I decided I will trade in or sell my 6gc for a x6m this year. (I am thinking about what shall I say to my significant other now, no her permission, my mind does not make any sense). The fortunate thing is she is a big fan of x6.
I just need to find some reason make her more convinced.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #48
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

6GC practicality is as good as mini cooper but twice the exterior size.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #49
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neversummer78 View Post
6GC practicality is as good as mini cooper but twice the exterior size.
At least we have a bigger trunk.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 03:42 PM   #50
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Goodluck with your next purchase. Bud
For me the story is little bit different. Actually, when I was pretty satisfied with my last X6 3.5i, but I just felt is was underpowered. I still remember I was smoked by a tuned Acura TL on night. Since then, I decided to get a new car. When my old x6 got 50000kms on it, I went to my dealer and talked about my next purchase.
Similarly, I also wanted x6m or MB ML63 at that time. Went to test drove a ml63, it is just not my car. It is luxury it is true, but I just felt it does not suit my personality.
I went back BMW dealer and wanted to tell my sales person, i want a x6m. However, when I steped into dealership, the 6gc appeared in front me. it really opened my heart at that time. I even did not think about other staffs, just called my significant other and told her I want a 6gc instead of x6m and signed mu contract at almost the same time. The price was little bit more than $130,000 cdn, so actually it was way expensive than a fully loaded x6m.
After around 9 months ownership, I just felt it is not a car for me. It is true that 6gc is a car near perfection and everybody sees it admits it is a sexy car.
However, it is just not a car suit for my dd needs. I do not need to wear formal clothes to work everyday and I am doing my second bachelar degree now. I am a 28 year old college student. My own bussiness is also nothing about statement.

the more I think, the more I feel x6m is all I need. fast, powerful, practical and stylish.
Anyway, I decided I will trade in or sell my 6gc for a x6m this year. (I am thinking about what shall I say to my significant other now, no her permission, my mind does not make any sense). The fortunate thing is she is a big fan of x6.
I just need to find some reason make her more convinced.
Cool. It is always good to get some support from the better half! The fact that she likes the same car you are eyeing is definitely a good thing, for both of you.

Good luck with your next purchase as well. Let me know how it goes, and we can compare notes in the near future.