BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-22-2018, 01:08 PM   #23
spikespiegel
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 comp

Garage List
im' gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree on this. I just had a week with a new DB11 Volante. And the interior was sickening.. Like really bad. The only thing it had better than a BMW m6 interior was solid metal shift paddles. BMW really cheaped out there.. Other than that, for features, looks, quality, I prefered the BMW over the Aston. No joke.

Mercedes has gone way overboard with theiri 'ambient' lighting. All those colorful LED zones makes the car look like a cheap Albanian night club. Thank God the M6 isn't like that. I would literally not buy a car because of those goddamn interior lightings like the merc has ( I think BMW is alreadydoing that now) ugh
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 11:39 AM   #24
gregmb
master chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by //MMachine View Post
Speaking of interiors...

The M6 dash has an ergonomic design flaw in it as far as I'm concerned. I'm 6 ft tall average build and like to sit maybe just little low in my seat. Not too low as there's still plenty left to bottom out. But in my "comfy" spot as to seat adjustment the bottom of the dash cuts off bottom line of the speedo display. (see below) In order to see the "full" display I have to adjust seat to what I feel is uncomfortable with.

so instead I just lean forward and peek over the edge to read any info ...

That lip at the bottom should slant down lower. Anyone else or just me?
Quote:
Speaking of interiors...

The M6 dash has an ergonomic design flaw in it as far as I'm concerned. I'm 6 ft tall average build and like to sit maybe just little low in my seat. Not too low as there's still plenty left to bottom out. But in my "comfy" spot as to seat adjustment the bottom of the dash cuts off bottom line of the speedo display. (see below) In order to see the "full" display I have to adjust seat to what I feel is uncomfortable with.

+1 for me - same issue - wrong angle so I have to raise the seat higher than desired
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 12:05 PM   #25
Airz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Sakhir Coupe

Quote:
Speaking of interiors...

That's really weird as I'm 5'10 and never have any issue seeing the whole dash display from my normal seating position.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 09:17 PM   #26
Bimmma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F06 M6

+1 on the partial blocking of the dash for me as well. I’m 5’9” so I guess it really depends on seating position. I can live with it though as there isn’t any info on the bottom that I constantly need to monitor. Definitely a design flaw from bmw.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2018, 12:09 AM   #27
BM dnobagaV
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikespiegel View Post
im' gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree on this. I just had a week with a new DB11 Volante. And the interior was sickening.. Like really bad. The only thing it had better than a BMW m6 interior was solid metal shift paddles. BMW really cheaped out there.. Other than that, for features, looks, quality, I prefered the BMW over the Aston. No joke.

Mercedes has gone way overboard with theiri 'ambient' lighting. All those colorful LED zones makes the car look like a cheap Albanian night club. Thank God the M6 isn't like that. I would literally not buy a car because of those goddamn interior lightings like the merc has ( I think BMW is alreadydoing that now) ugh
Appreciate 0