BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #1
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Black X3MC

Heat vent blowing issue with F12s

Hello gents. I actually own a 650 F12 but I have a question that is probably best for all F12 owners. This is issue probably exists for the F13/F06 owners but I presume you would never be bothered by this.

Quick intro to my issue:
If possible, I like to keep the top down at all times. Sometimes, it is cold outside so I will just turn the heated seats / heated steering wheel on and blow the heat full blast (this is actually my issue). To achieve the “full blast” heat, I turn auto temp off, dial the heat up to hottest (84 degrees), put the floor and front facing vents on, and turn the fan up to full.

Problem:
When doing this, there is very little air being pushed out. What’s really interesting is that if you dial the heat down to the lowest (60 degrees), the fans blast out air. If you turn it back to 84, the fans essentially do nothing. So the good news is when it gets really hot here in Colorado, I will be able to keep cool. I went to the dealership and they are telling me that BMW designs the logic in their cars so that “you can’t blow massive amounts of hot air at your face as it could cause drowsiness”. This is my fourth convertible and I have never had an issue with blowing hot air into the cabin at full blast on the front facing vents.

Other items tried:
Using auto temp does not work
Tried other settings for vents (i.e. floor, front, and defrost or just front facing) and those didn’t seem to effect the blowing too much
While at the dealership, actually tried on a 2013 M6 F12…exact same issue

Question:
Any other F12 owners having the same issue? Have you ever brought it up to dealership and had it remedied?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 10:31 AM   #2
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Odd... I don't have this issue with my M6. Might be a sensor issue....
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the reply. So you can set to the highest heat and fan settings no issue? I think I am going to email BMW. Guessing they will just tell me it is what it is.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #4
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
Thanks for the reply. So you can set to the highest heat and fan settings no issue? I think I am going to email BMW. Guessing they will just tell me it is what it is.
I do the exact same thing you do... i turn on full blast and direct the air to my feet and face.... and i get full blast of air. Sometimes I just turn on the face because my feet get too hot. Try taking to another dealer and have a second opinion.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 10:25 AM   #5
MSUGOGRN
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I like that idea. Luckily we have 2 here in Denver. I will report back.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2017, 04:28 PM   #6
gregmb
master chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurohorses View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUGOGRN View Post
I do the exact same thing you do... i turn on full blast and direct the air to my feet and face.... and i get full blast of air. Sometimes I just turn on the face because my feet get too hot. Try taking to another dealer and have a second opinion.
+1 same here - full blast. Even have the windscreen to help keep top down most of the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2017, 11:06 PM   #7
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS

I drove mine today and had the heat on highest setting and fan high and on auto and no issues ... hot air blowing out and kept me toasty with roof down here in Canada Eh!
Appreciate 0