BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      01-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
ctenidae
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Coupe- Manual

Missing First Aid Kit

I was measuring my back seat to figure out what kid seat could fit in (Combi Corroco seems to be the best), and popped open the hatch in the middle of the seat to see what it would take to remove the back seat (not pretty). I looked in the little cubby that's supposed to hold the first aid kit, and it's empty!

I'll check with my dealer to get one, but I wonder, with the cars being new for 2012, did they forget that step on others? Hurry, check yours out before you need a bandaid, and are left smearing blood on the steering wheel because you don't have one!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #2
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

I checked with my Canadian dealer when we got ours last Feb and he said.... "It's a European" thing only. Not standard here !!........ But I could buy one !! .. DUH !!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
neversummer78
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctenidae View Post
I was measuring my back seat to figure out what kid seat could fit in (Combi Corroco seems to be the best), and popped open the hatch in the middle of the seat to see what it would take to remove the back seat (not pretty). I looked in the little cubby that's supposed to hold the first aid kit, and it's empty!

I'll check with my dealer to get one, but I wonder, with the cars being new for 2012, did they forget that step on others? Hurry, check yours out before you need a bandaid, and are left smearing blood on the steering wheel because you don't have one!
I was looking for BMW flashlight and first aid kit when I picked up the car and they weren't there. The salesperson went to parts department, and they confirmed that both are not available as standard with the car any more. Well, at least they didn't charge me extra for floor mat this time.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #4
ctenidae
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Coupe- Manual

I do have the flashlight and tire guage, at least.

I had a Saab once that had a weird rattle (I know, they all do). Opened the hood to check it out, and a Saab factory screwdriver was in a gutter in the engine bay. Good screwdriver. Glad it didn't bounce out of the gutter...
Appreciate 0