BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-28-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
tjf
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

2013 M6 - Profile settings don't save

Hi,

I just picked up a 2013 M6 Coupe (some first pics from pickup attached, side by side to my old M3) on Monday and traded in my M3 (which will be missed) and so far am absolutely loving the car, the power it delivers even within the break-in period and keeping the RPMs low is just mind-boggling.

However, I do seem to have a small issue with my profile settings not saving, probably something I'm missing but I didn't see anything about it in the manual.
I'm getting into the car and see that it loads the previous stored profile, however, when I make changes to it, drive logic, suspension, steering, items in HUD, etc.), next time I get back in the car all these are reset again?
My dealer said, they will only save if I close the car with the close button on the key (which I did) but that didn't seem to the trick.

Do I maybe have to get in the car, delete the current profile, edit all my settings and then store it as named profile - i.e. does it not save any adjustments to an already saved profile?

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
kingoyejordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert

Little brother saying whassup to big bro. Excellent trade up. Enjoy it mate.
Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
OC Dealman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package

It sounds like the profile save has to do with which key fob you are carrying. Try opening and getting in with the other key fob. BTW, Congrats, looks good.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2012, 02:55 PM   #4
tjf
Rep

I do only use one key fob, never used the other one so far
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
tjf
Rep

looks like nobody else is having this issue?

Can someone confirm that their settings (drive logic, suspension, HUD - M View), etc.) actually do save when they shut off the engine and then start the car back up?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #6
OC Dealman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Vert - Comp Package

I made the mistake of putting in all my settings when I had both key fobs in the car. The first time I took it out with one key fob, it turned out that all my original setting were with the other one.
With that said, you should have it save your settings if you make them all with only one key fob, so there should not be any reason why they don't save.
Good luck with that. You are the first person that I have heard is having that problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
fitmaster
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Convert / 2015 M3

Had similar issues. The way it was explained to me from European Delivery is you have to push the seat memory button to save your settings. Be sure you only have one key fob in range. Seems to work for me. I am still trying to figure out how to delete a profile. Can import & export but no delete?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 08:39 AM   #8
tjf
Rep

@fitmaster - just tried the seat memory button thing but unfortunately didn't work for me - guess I'll have to stop by the dealership and have them diagnose it.

Btw. was wondering about deleting a profile as well but couldn't find it
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
tjf
Rep

So, I just talked to a BMW service center and they are saying this behavior is intended due to US emission regulations and settings will always revert to economy/standard?

@fitmaster, you're saying your settings do save, i.e. setting steering wheel to Sport, drive logic to D3, etc. does save for you when you push the seat memory button?
Appreciate 0