BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-04-2013, 08:56 AM   #1
Skiptomylou37
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Anyone actually have Dinan tune for 650i? Looking for answers.

So not too long ago I owned an e90 M3 and loved it but now I want something with a little more juice and the 650i x-drive really appeals to me since it has the twin turbo v8 and seems easy to make faster. Does anyone on this forum actually have a 650i with the Dinan tune and what type of performance have you gotten from it? I read on this forum that a guy with a 550i x-drive ran a 12.55 1/4 mile with just the Dinan Stage 1 tune. I'm assuming since the 650i x-drive weighs 100+lbs less than the 550i x-drive, the performance would be in the same ballpark if not a little bit better. I'm shopping now and looking to do a Dinan Stage 2 tune + Eisenmann Exhaust if I go the 650i x-drive route and I think it could be an awesome and very fast setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
BMWMilan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skiptomylou37 View Post
So not too long ago I owned an e90 M3 and loved it but now I want something with a little more juice and the 650i x-drive really appeals to me since it has the twin turbo v8 and seems easy to make faster. Does anyone on this forum actually have a 650i with the Dinan tune and what type of performance have you gotten from it? I read on this forum that a guy with a 550i x-drive ran a 12.55 1/4 mile with just the Dinan Stage 1 tune. I'm assuming since the 650i x-drive weighs 100+lbs less than the 550i x-drive, the performance would be in the same ballpark if not a little bit better. I'm shopping now and looking to do a Dinan Stage 2 tune + Eisenmann Exhaust if I go the 650i x-drive route and I think it could be an awesome and very fast setup.
No idea on the Dinan S2 for the F12, but if you were going to get a 650ix and then mod it with the Dinan S2 and the Eisenmann Exhaust, why not just get the M6? Between the price of the 650ix, and the price of the mods (2k for Dinan, about 3-4k for exhaust parts and install), you're right up against the M6 price, right?

And while Dinan has their own warranty, it's always better to have an OEM warranty, plus you get the DCT tranny etc. with the M6. Just something to think about.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #3
Skiptomylou37
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsedixit View Post
No idea on the Dinan S2 for the F12, but if you were going to get a 650ix and then mod it with the Dinan S2 and the Eisenmann Exhaust, why not just get the M6? Between the price of the 650ix, and the price of the mods (2k for Dinan, about 3-4k for exhaust parts and install), you're right up against the M6 price, right?

And while Dinan has their own warranty, it's always better to have an OEM warranty, plus you get the DCT tranny etc. with the M6. Just something to think about.
Sorry, should have clarified that I am looking at a used one in the 60-70k range. That is why I am not considering the M6.
Appreciate 0