BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #1
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i xdrive GC

Downpipes

I've seen AR Downpipes installed on the 550 and was wondering if it can fit on the 650.

Or what other choices can I go with? Also, I know that downpipes take away some power, what would be suggested to be done after downpipes to regain some power and more!

I'm new to the modding world, this is the first call I'll ever mod so I appreciate the enlightment. Hoping to hear something from @M6Coupe he's full of BMW knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce Martin View Post
I've seen AR Downpipes installed on the 550 and was wondering if it can fit on the 650.

Or what other choices can I go with? Also, I know that downpipes take away some power, what would be suggested to be done after downpipes to regain some power and more!

I'm new to the modding world, this is the first call I'll ever mod so I appreciate the enlightment. Hoping to hear something from @M6Coupe he's full of BMW knowledge.
You will have a check engine light with downpipes unless you flash tune the car and turn off the rear o2 sensors. There are harnesses that go between the o2 sensor called mil-deletes that can turn them off but it's not a sure thing. Also the pipes do reduce power, but if you flash tune custom with the pipes on they should be able to make more power.

Where's the intake you ordered? With that intake, downpipes, a flash tune, and your exhaust, and some unleaded race gas that car is going to scream and compete with the fastest N63TU that's out there.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i xdrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
You will have a check engine light with downpipes unless you flash tune the car and turn off the rear o2 sensors. There are harnesses that go between the o2 sensor called mil-deletes that can turn them off but it's not a sure thing. Also the pipes do reduce power, but if you flash tune custom with the pipes on they should be able to make more power.

Where's the intake you ordered? With that intake, downpipes, a flash tune, and your exhaust, and some unleaded race gas that car is going to scream and compete with the fastest N63TU that's out there.
I forgot you're full of knowledge as well. It's crazy that you're asking me about the intake, the owner of the site contacted me yesterday about it. I ordered the intake with my credit card and they declined the payment because they stated that it wasn't apart of my "usual transaction". I didn't try again after and, I can't buy it now, priorities first.

I'm in NY, do you know a shop out here that can do that for me when the downpipes do come in? Also, where can I get "unleaded race gas"?

I was reading some other post and I see that some people's engine malfunction from tuning, is that because they're not taking care of the car?
Appreciate 0