BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-06-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F07 LCI

Go for 14/15 or wait a little for 16' LCI?

Hey guys,

So I'm looking at the M6 GranCoupe currently, but I'm starting to see spyshots and rumors of the upcoming LCI version of the F06/F12/F13 models.

This got me thinking, what happened if I waited for a few months till next year to get the LCI? I know they are minor changes and nothing too big (although I'm liking the new headlight designs, like the X4 & 4 Series Concept ones), but there's nothing wrong with having the updated one.

If I was to wait for the LCI, I was thinking of maybe getting something nice as a temp for a few months (maybe a year?) while waiting for the LCI. I'm a big BMW fan here, but I've always wanted to try something a little bit different (owned a Range Rover Sport Supercharged before and absolutely loved it). Although the M5 is a valid option, the non-CP ones aren't as good and in my eyes I find the sleek 6 design to be much more eye-catching than the conventional sedan look on the 5. I'm thinking about maybe trying the Jaguar XFR-S, I saw a great deal on one with just 900 miles on it, practically new. It's no BMW in terms of iDrive and the S63 is better but I thought it would be pretty fun and a little different, and with only 100 in the country, it's quite unique and rare.

What are your guys thoughts? Always appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 06:34 PM   #2
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Bump? help me guys
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 09:03 PM   #3
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

Just get the current model.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #4
Wristdoc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8C, 2019 X7 50i

I just went through the same thought process. I bought a 2013 M3 loaded last April but had been longing for another M6 after selling my E63 in 2009. I thought the M3 would satisfy the need to get back into a BMW but it just didn't on a number of levels.

I was thinking of ordering a 2015 F13 but found a 2014 with all options except night vision. The 2014's are being heavily discounted at the current time and I got a fair deal on my trade and the new M6. My thought process was that if I couldn't get a good deal on a 2014 (or 2015), I would wait for the LCI. I'm not sure that anyone outside of M knows the specifics, but from my discussions with a few knowledgable people, the changes in the LCI will be mostly cosmetic with perhaps a slight bump in HP.

My suggestion would be to try to find a great deal on a 2014. If the LCI is something you can't live without, you can trade or sell/buy without getting killed in the deal. In the meantime, you can enjoy this amazing beast (pic below)!

Dave
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 03:05 AM   #5
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wristdoc View Post
I just went through the same thought process. I bought a 2013 M3 loaded last April but had been longing for another M6 after selling my E63 in 2009. I thought the M3 would satisfy the need to get back into a BMW but it just didn't on a number of levels.

I was thinking of ordering a 2015 F13 but found a 2014 with all options except night vision. The 2014's are being heavily discounted at the current time and I got a fair deal on my trade and the new M6. My thought process was that if I couldn't get a good deal on a 2014 (or 2015), I would wait for the LCI. I'm not sure that anyone outside of M knows the specifics, but from my discussions with a few knowledgable people, the changes in the LCI will be mostly cosmetic with perhaps a slight bump in HP.

My suggestion would be to try to find a great deal on a 2014. If the LCI is something you can't live without, you can trade or sell/buy without getting killed in the deal. In the meantime, you can enjoy this amazing beast (pic below)!

Dave
Agree, and thats a nice alpine white M6.
      09-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #6
Dumbo
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M5C, 19 720S, 19 Panigale

I would say wait for the LCI. The last thing you want is a car you feel is out of date in a few months' time. Although the changes may be minor, you will know that if you had just held on a bit longer you could have something that looked fresher for longer.

And there is always the possibility that some of the newer tech will feature in the LCI 6 and it turns into a bigger impact than expected.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 04:52 PM   #7
TheBlackGT
Like No Other.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer View Post
Just get the current model.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wristdoc View Post

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo View Post
I would say wait for the LCI. The last thing you want is a car you feel is out of date in a few months' time. Although the changes may be minor, you will know that if you had just held on a bit longer you could have something that looked fresher for longer.

And there is always the possibility that some of the newer tech will feature in the LCI 6 and it turns into a bigger impact than expected.

All of you make valid points, and thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately, before I can even think of what path I'll choose, I have to find a buyer for my current vehicle, fingers crossed the right person comes along soon
Appreciate 0