07-07-2014, 12:00 PM   #23
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Ugh - not me -so glad to be back in a car -even if it is a boat of a car

Does make me sad that my $84K X6 50i is still sitting on the dealer lot, certified with 27K on the clock and they can't get $51K for it.
I miss the X6 only for my own personal reasons... there is absolutely nothing wrong with the GC. That thing was a blast to drive when I went out to LI during this past weekend!

I just miss the X6 partly because the GC is my first lease, so I don't want to spend money on Mods.... but man do I miss customizing my cars

I also miss the X6 for its versatility. My local roads are NOT forgiving on the Stock Run Flat 20s, even in comfprt plus... even AFTER driving for about 4K miles with those damn shipping blocks on the springs (Long Story). I know you have a similar problem with rough roads out in Chi-Town as well.

As for your former X6, I believe it that the only reason it's still on the lot is because most people in the market for an X6 will probably wait for the 2015 face lift at this point. If the X6 was not getting a reboot in a few months, that thing would have been sold already!
      07-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #24
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Beautiful car and color combo, congrats!! I'm loving mine more everyday!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:14 AM   #25
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M

Doug_666

I too came from an X6 and i'll be honest. I miss it a little!!!

Here's the before (X6) and after (6 GC).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #26
ARam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
Ugh - not me -so glad to be back in a car -even if it is a boat of a car

Does make me sad that my $84K X6 50i is still sitting on the dealer lot, certified with 27K on the clock and they can't get $51K for it.
I miss the X6 only for my own personal reasons... there is absolutely nothing wrong with the GC. That thing was a blast to drive when I went out to LI during this past weekend!

I just miss the X6 partly because the GC is my first lease, so I don't want to spend money on Mods.... but man do I miss customizing my cars

I also miss the X6 for its versatility. My local roads are NOT forgiving on the Stock Run Flat 20s, even in comfprt plus... even AFTER driving for about 4K miles with those damn shipping blocks on the springs (Long Story). I know you have a similar problem with rough roads out in Chi-Town as well.

As for your former X6, I believe it that the only reason it's still on the lot is because most people in the market for an X6 will probably wait for the 2015 face lift at this point. If the X6 was not getting a reboot in a few months, that thing would have been sold already!
Samurai -
What is stoping you from Modding your GC? I alway mod my lease and 2 months before returning the X6 i was stopping everyone with the same car model i was returning.

I always get 40%-80% of the mod parts investment. On the X6 i stopped this kid with a Alpine stock X6 and offer me $7000 for all my mods after negotiating. No needed to paint any of the parts swap since his was a Alpine White.

M Performance Wheels/tires/sensor/spoilers/lux halo lights/m pedals/m grille/clear reflectors and M Performance Body kit (back-front and side). He also paid for the bodyshop to swap all the parts.

I was happy with the offer price after using all those parts for 3 years! 👊 Again you need a good eye to stop random people.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 12:15 PM   #27
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARam View Post
Samurai -
What is stoping you from Modding your GC? I alway mod my lease and 2 months before returning the X6 i was stopping everyone with the same car model i was returning.

I always get 40%-80% of the mod parts investment. On the X6 i stopped this kid with a Alpine stock X6 and offer me $7000 for all my mods after negotiating. No needed to paint any of the parts swap since his was a Alpine White.

M Performance Wheels/tires/sensor/spoilers/lux halo lights/m pedals/m grille/clear reflectors and M Performance Body kit (back-front and side). He also paid for the bodyshop to swap all the parts.

I was happy with the offer price after using all those parts for 3 years! 👊 Again you need a good eye to stop random people.
I may have to take a page or two out of your book, ARam. I am sure I can always bump into 6 series drivers about 6 months before the lease is up and start selling aftermarket parts to those who are interested in an attempt to make up the cost.

I never treied that before because it seems like those used parts don't do well in the classifed section on this forum, so I thought it would be similar on the street... ESPECIALLY in the NYC area, lol.

Either way, I hope the OP and everyone else is enjoying the 6er, because I sure am!