BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-06-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

Ordered stage 2 ecu tuning group

Hey guys, just ordered the ecu tuning group stage two for my m6. Ill be working with a very respectable local shop called racelab motorsports. Im going to do pre tune dynos and do vmax runs as well. Keep you posted!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

What does the "Stage 2" consist of? What is being done to the car exactly?

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
What does the "Stage 2" consist of? What is being done to the car exactly?

Brian
http://ecutuninggroup.com/bmw-m5-f10...2-now-785-88hp
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #4
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
So, this is only an ECU tune solution to getting those numbers? Maybe I overlooked something (surely, I did).
Also, $2495. Are they offering any sort of warranty (like Dinan)?

Lastly, I'd want to know how long a car has reliably operated with this tune.

Last edited by jnkirk1974; 10-07-2014 at 01:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 02:31 PM   #5
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

I sent an email to ecutuninggroup.com and ended up talking with Jags on the phone for a good 45 minutes. What they do is actually tune the car through the ODB2 and it doesn't have anything to do with the current piggy back tunes that most (myself included) are running. They can adjust cam timing, fuel/air, transmission shift points, throttle adjustment, traction control sensitivity, remove speed limited, remove check engine light on catless DPs, and everything else that "should be" adjusted for a proper tune. They apparently sell dealerships (Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, etc) their tune in which the dealership turns around and sells to the customer (non-ecutuninggroup branded).

Jags definitely talked quite a bit and provided a lot of insight into tuning these types of cars. I am going to follow up with him in a week to see about getting my car tuned by them. The claim is 666rwhp and from how they approach "tuning" the car it sounds a lot safer than manipulating boost pressure. They also provide you with 4 different maps to use/choose from depending on how you want the car to run and perform.

These guys definitely sound like they know their shit... I will say that.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast

Last edited by bigbrian; 10-07-2014 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 03:51 PM   #6
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Interesting.
Would love to read a follow up.
How long has this tune been available ?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #7
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I sent an email to ecutuninggroup.com and ended up talking with Jags on the phone for a good 45 minutes. What they do is actually tune the car through the ODB2 and it doesn't have anything to do with the current piggy back tunes that most (myself included) are running. They can adjust cam timing, fuel/air, transmission shift points, throttle adjustment, traction control sensitivity, remove speed limited, remove check engine light on catless DPs, and everything else that "should be" adjusted for a proper tune. They apparently sell dealerships (Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce, etc) their tune in which the dealership turns around and sells to the customer (non-ecutuninggroup branded).

Jags definitely talked quite a bit and provided a lot of insight into tuning these types of cars. I am going to follow up with him in a week to see about getting my car tuned by them. The claim is 666rwhp and from how they approach "tuning" the car it sounds a lot safer than manipulating boost pressure. They also provide you with 4 different maps to use/choose from depending on how you want the car to run and perform.

These guys definitely sound like they know their shit... I will say that.

Brian
Brian, happy you got to talk to jags, GARY which is the tuner im going to be working here in panama has worked with jags before and is thrilled as hell. he says this guys know their shit plus like you just said is not the same as the other piggy backs out there. im thrilled because gary has a dyno jet and well my car is not exactly stock, im running the ams catted downpipes with the gtc full cat back exhaust, and the afe intakes + kw has suspension and a bunch of performance goodies. ill do some PRE tune runs, to see where im at, and where ill get to.. i paid 2k. + shipping.! speed limiter removal. here i COME
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 04:43 PM   #8
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Jags mentioned they have had their Stage 1 tune out since 2012. I didn't ask how long the Stage 2 tune has been out but from my understanding the Stage 2 involves adjusting traction control sensitivity, shift points, throttle, and a few other things.

The tune is done via ODB2 to Ethernet cable. You connect your laptop, install Teamviewer, they load the software on your laptop, load the tune, and you are done. They apparently provide instruction on selecting various maps. They are located in Southern California as well which is good for us folks here in the US.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2014, 11:14 PM   #9
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Ok guys, these dudes are a scam their m5's are slow, they don't have any real data to provide
      10-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #10
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
Ok guys, these dudes are a scam their m5's are slow, they don't have any real data to provide
Can you explain where your information to back up "they are a scam" is coming from? Where are you getting this from?

Brian
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #11
adibaiz1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M8GC,22 S580,21 M4,22 SF90

I spoke to Jags also, and maybe he forgot to mention that their tune is thru the OBDII, but they have a module that you have to go thru first...it's the same as the piggy back from BMS, just different things...but same results.
I am local to him and i said lets go to a Dyno location to do before and after testing to see the gains and he was dodging that left and right and never called me back anymore...
Nobody but PP-Performance from Germany does any true and complete ECU tuning thru the OBDII.Try to understand that there is nobody out there yet that was able to crack the encryption from the ECU. It has a 32 bytes long password...
In order to do a proper ECU tune, you have to crack the code to get in, than you can load whatever you want in there and monitor everything properly and safely.
PP-Performance are the only ones that do that because they got a hook up with BOSCH who builds our ECU's. End of story...so the wait continues...for now.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #12
adibaiz1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif507 View Post
Brian, happy you got to talk to jags, GARY which is the tuner im going to be working here in panama has worked with jags before and is thrilled as hell. he says this guys know their shit plus like you just said is not the same as the other piggy backs out there. im thrilled because gary has a dyno jet and well my car is not exactly stock, im running the ams catted downpipes with the gtc full cat back exhaust, and the afe intakes + kw has suspension and a bunch of performance goodies. ill do some PRE tune runs, to see where im at, and where ill get to.. i paid 2k. + shipping.! speed limiter removal. here i COME
I can't wait to see the before and after dyno results.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 11:38 AM   #13
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Alpha ams will be soon
      10-08-2014, 01:06 PM   #14
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
Alpha ams will be soon
this would be sweeeet
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2014, 01:52 PM   #15
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adibaiz1 View Post
In order to do a proper ECU tune, you have to crack the code to get in, than you can load whatever you want in there and monitor everything properly and safely.
PP-Performance are the only ones that do that because they got a hook up with BOSCH who builds our ECU's. End of story...so the wait continues...for now.
I was told about the module but I was not informed it connected or acted as an intermediary between the sensors like the BMS. I was under the impression the module held a Infineon processor that held the 4 maps however I was not informed how it was connected to the car.

Jags told me PP-Performance sent the ECUs somewhere else to be programmed. I thought he mentioned Alpina but I could be wrong. He definitely said PP-P didn't do them in house though. Maybe they send them to Bosch, Bosch unlocks them, and sends them back? That seems a bit sketchy though don't you think? Why would Bosch do that when they more than likely have an agreement in place with BMW? Seems like a huge conflict of interest and probably violation of agreement with BMW.

So many conflicting stories and bullshit in the tuning business. I guess everyone has to be bigger, better, faster, and everyone else sucks. Not ranting against anyone on here -- just a general statement. I just want my damn car tuned correctly and safely without all the BS.

Brian

Last edited by bigbrian; 10-08-2014 at 02:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #16
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
Quote:
I was told about the module but I was not informed it connected or acted as an intermediary between the sensors like the BMS. I was under the impression the module held a Infineon processor that held the 4 maps however I was not informed how it was connected to the car.

Jags told me PP-Performance sent the ECUs somewhere else to be programmed. I thought he mentioned Alpina but I could be wrong. He definitely said PP-P didn't do them in house though. Maybe they send them to Bosch, Bosch unlocks them, and sends them back? That seems a bit sketchy though don't you think? Why would Bosch do that when they more than likely have an agreement in place with BMW? Seems like a huge conflict of interest and probably violation of agreement with BMW.

So many conflicting stories and bullshit in the tuning business. I guess everyone has to be bigger, better, faster, and everyone else sucks. Not ranting against anyone on here -- just a general statement. I just want my damn car tuned correctly and safely without all the BS.

Brian
Brian they are just selling the "press tune " that everyone uses . No more no less . No one has cracked the ECU . They claimed 666whp tune only back in 2012 and it's just as much bullshit as it was back then . Run away sir , run away .
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 09:42 PM   #17
adibaiz1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Brian
Man, i want my car tuned so bad also, it's not even funny, but there isn't anybody out there yet...
Brian, i give you a perfect example: last night i was at the track and ran 11.95@ 121.97 mph, completely stock, just BMC filters and on my brand new 21" wheels with a 12" rear and 325's.
My buddy has an '13 M6 with Dinan software, AMS catted DP and full titanium Eisenman exhaust. He was there also and ran a best 11.77 @ 121mph...that's about $12k in mods and less than 2/10's faster than me stock. So, i'm telling you until anybody cracks the ECU and does a full tune thru the OBDII we will not see any cars competing w/ those AMG torque monsters. Oh, and on the way home we did 3 pulls from various speeds and he barely edged me by 1 car length.
Here is a quick pic of my new shoes.Full photoshoot coming soon.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 10:08 AM   #18
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Man, i want my car tuned so bad also, it's not even funny, but there isn't anybody out there yet...
Brian, i give you a perfect example: last night i was at the track and ran 11.95@ 121.97 mph, completely stock, just BMC filters and on my brand new 21" wheels with a 12" rear and 325's.
My buddy has an '13 M6 with Dinan software, AMS catted DP and full titanium Eisenman exhaust. He was there also and ran a best 11.77 @ 121mph...that's about $12k in mods and less than 2/10's faster than me stock. So, i'm telling you until anybody cracks the ECU and does a full tune thru the OBDII we will not see any cars competing w/ those AMG torque monsters. Oh, and on the way home we did 3 pulls from various speeds and he barely edged me by 1 car length.
damn bro, LOVING the LIP madness you have going on, sweet set up!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 10:10 AM   #19
adibaiz1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif507 View Post
damn bro, LOVING the LIP madness you have going on, sweet set up!!
Thanks, please post dyno results before and after.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 12:42 PM   #20
Leveraged Sellout
Private
Rep
Drives: 1988 535i

Quote:
To be fair, the Dinan piggyback is really a joke. They don't even use realistic power figures when they talk about the "gains" it's capable of, for the money it's really not worth, although I wouldn't take it for free since it seems to literally do about nothing.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 05:08 PM   #21
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveraged Sellout
Quote:
To be fair, the Dinan piggyback is really a joke. They don't even use realistic power figures when they talk about the "gains" it's capable of, for the money it's really not worth, although I wouldn't take it for free since it seems to literally do about nothing.
11.5 @129mph trap without a 1 foot rollout and 3.7 sec 0-60 and 7.2 sec 0-100 mph with a rollout. 7.4 sec 60-130 back to back runs . Yeah the Dinan piggyback does nothing LMAO .
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 05:12 PM   #22
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveraged Sellout View Post
Vbox data Dinan Stage 1 2014 M6 CP with DP's Akra and Gruppe M. Stock PSS.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0