BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-19-2023, 11:03 AM   #1
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Recommendations for Carbon Accessories M6

Bought crappy knockoff carbon grilles and mirror caps about a year ago and they're SHOT. Grille turned yellow and badge is melted, and the mirror cap clearcoats faded completely. Recs for decent stuff that's not $800? I like the RW Grilles but they don't come with the M6 badge and they no longer carry the mirror caps.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 05:27 PM   #2
danielgmanm6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
Bought crappy knockoff carbon grilles and mirror caps about a year ago and they're SHOT. Grille turned yellow and badge is melted, and the mirror cap clearcoats faded completely. Recs for decent stuff that's not $800? I like the RW Grilles but they don't come with the M6 badge and they no longer carry the mirror caps.

I got my kidney grills from German car accessories, im very happy with them.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 05:31 PM   #3
danielgmanm6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:

Here's a pic, I'll try and get a better one
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2023, 07:08 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
these came in after I destroyed my engine. I did unbox them but have not gone on the car yet. Looking forward to putting them on after I get that forged engine powered F06 out of the shop.

https://autotecknic.com/products/aut...f06-f12-f13-m6
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven474.50
      08-20-2023, 07:10 AM   #5
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
these came in after I destroyed my engine. I did unbox them but have not gone on the car yet. Looking forward to putting them on after I get that forged engine powered F06 out of the shop.

https://autotecknic.com/products/aut...f06-f12-f13-m6
I just ordered those along with RW Carbon grilles. Would’ve gotten the grilles from AutoTecknic too but the shipping costs were insane it was actually cheaper thru RW
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 1
      08-20-2023, 09:15 AM   #6
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
The price point on the RW grille is very attractive but I'll likely end up with the IND grille as I have the Night Vision system. The buy in price is a bit absurd though and will likely have my rear axles done by DSS first. I'll save the grilles as the cherry, err carbon, on top of my cool whip sundae, err Sunday, driver
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
JDMSteven474.50
      08-20-2023, 09:25 AM   #7
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just ordered those along with RW Carbon grilles. Would’ve gotten the grilles from AutoTecknic too but the shipping costs were insane it was actually cheaper thru RW

Can't wait to see how you photograph the car with the new carbon bits. Are you going to do some wall art with the old bits?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 12:18 PM   #8
Minacious
The Dovahkiin
Rep
Drives: LCI M6 GC, other stuff.

Hopefully you guys have far better luck with the mirror caps from Autoteknic than I did. The fitment was a 6/7 out of 10 on 3 different sets. Autoteknic is relatively close to me so I was able to return them easy enough and they were very accommodating exchanging them for new sets with the hope of better fitment. I even went to a shop that they recommended to have them installed and the installer had a devil of a time with them before ultimately throwing in the towel.

Again, Autoteknic were very pleasant to deal with, but the fitment just wasn't there. When I returned the last set they mentioned letting their mold guy know of the issues with fitment, so depending on when you purchased yours, they may be newer revisions; this was earlier in the year.

RW Carbon stopped making theirs for this very reason. The fitment was just never right and they discontinued the entire line as a result.

The mirror caps were the last piece of me making all things Carbon Fiber that can be (I'm a bit of a CF junkie with all of my cars). I have since given up on that journey and had the mirrors painted black, with the painted black strip on the door handles to complement them. I did have the entire door handle painted in all black at one point but decided to go back to white with the black strip, which I think looks better.
Appreciate 2
      08-20-2023, 12:21 PM   #9
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
Hopefully you guys have far better luck with the mirror caps from Autoteknic than I did. The fitment was a 6/7 out of 10 on 3 different sets. Autoteknic is relatively close to me so I was able to return them easy enough and they were very accommodating exchanging them for new sets with the hope of better fitment. I even went to a shop that they recommended to have them installed and the installer had a devil of a time with them before ultimately throwing in the towel.

Again, Autoteknic were very pleasant to deal with, but the fitment just wasn't there. When I returned the last set they mentioned letting their mold guy know of the issues with fitment, so depending on when you purchased yours, they may be newer revisions; this was earlier in the year.

RW Carbon stopped making theirs for this very reason. The fitment was just never right and they discontinued the entire line as a result.

The mirror caps were the last piece of me making all things Carbon Fiber that can be (I'm a bit of a CF junkie with all of my cars). I have since given up on that journey and had the mirrors painted black, with the painted black strip on the door handles to complement them. I did have the entire door handle painted in all black at one point but decided to go back to white with the black strip, which I think looks better.
Hopefully I have better luck than you. Aside from the clear coat being destroyed on my carbon mirror caps, they also fit terribly. There’s a gap at the top that allows air to pass thru and creates a loud whistling and howling noise over 50mph. If I don’t have any better luck I’m probably going to go back to OEM
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 01:40 PM   #10
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minacious View Post

When I ordered mine I had to wait about 4 to 6 weeks so hopefully they are an improved fit. Most of my miles are at highway speeds so the sound would be a non-starter for me. The gap would drive me nuts as well. I do appreciate the heads up; I have a month before I get home to fool with them that is if my car is out of the shop for the engine swap.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 02:53 AM   #11
Kick 6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M6

I thought it was just me with the Autoteknic carbon mirror caps. One had a broken mounting clip when it arrived but it still appeared to fit snug. When I get up to speed, the wind gushing sound on that one starts.
2018 M6 Gran Coupe> DME Stage 2 ECU Remap>Xpress Power Catless Downpipes>Resonator Delete> KW Height Adjustable Springs>Rear Carbon Fiber Diffuser>Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler>Carbon Fiber Mirrors>IND Painted Front Grille> IND Painted Front Reflector>JR-34 Gunmetal Wheels, 20mm Spacer on rear, 10mm Spacer on front>RK Autowerks Carbon Air Intake>Racing Dynamics Carbon Engine Cover>Carbon Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 05:21 AM   #12
mikerx5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 F06, 2022 G06

Autotek and rw have been great to me!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2023, 09:59 PM   #13
Msparta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X6M

eBay and Alibaba express for the win 😂
Appreciate 1
BMWisBest108.00
      09-26-2023, 09:19 PM   #14
h0tb0y_andres
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw m6 gc comp

Does anybody know where i can find this front lip idk where a previous owner got it

Name:  894DB515-9F48-4C70-A94C-8F1A4FD95B6B.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  146.6 KB

Last edited by h0tb0y_andres; 09-26-2023 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2023, 10:22 AM   #15
15Geez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I did a quick search. Unsure if these items are in stock but it resembles these:

https://jl-motoring.com/collections/...-front-spoiler

https://www.ebay.com/itm/30353945587...mis&media=COPY
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 10:31 AM   #16
15Geez
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

JDMSteven, JL-motoring appears to have full replacement CF mirror caps as well.

h0tb0y_andres, can you share more pics and specs of your car, suspension, etc.?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 12:36 PM   #17
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Ended up getting RW Carbon Grilles and Autotecknic Mirror Caps, haven't been installed yet
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2023, 08:48 AM   #18
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
I have the Autotechnic caps and haven’t installed yet either as I am waiting for my engine and clutch work to be done. I have been looking for a grille as well but need it to support the NightVision.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 12:12 AM   #19
h0tb0y_andres
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 15Geez View Post
JDMSteven, JL-motoring appears to have full replacement CF mirror caps as well.

h0tb0y_andres, can you share more pics and specs of your car, suspension, etc.?
My m6 is a comp fully loaded my suspension is ass whoever owned it before my friend got some weak ass bouncy springs I plan on going with kw though and its now on 20's instead 22's. Also i dont think those r the same lips but they r similar my friend told me the lip was like $2k.

Last edited by h0tb0y_andres; 10-04-2023 at 12:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2023, 12:21 AM   #20
h0tb0y_andres
Registered
Rep

this is how my car currently looks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2023, 03:55 PM   #21
danielgmanm6
Private First Class