BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-05-2015, 08:05 PM   #1
baldy2u2
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 640i xdrive Gran Coupe

Angry Bmw Buyer Beware! 5 Time Owner Tossed To The Side.

I own a 2014 BMW 640i Gran Coupe with 29,000 miles on it. I have had numerous problems with this vehicle:

- Entire dash going out while driving (numerous times)
- Infotainment randomly rebooting while driving (numerous times)
- Bluetooth connectivity problems (numerous times)
- SOS malfunction showing (numerous times)
- Trunk popping open by itself (happened at work once, at the store several times, and at a rest area while traveling – never while driving though) (numerous times)
- Trunk seal rubber gasket coming loose once
- Brakes just starting to squeak

The sad part to all of this is that it all happened before the car was one year old! I took the car to be repaired (back to the dealership that I bought it from) when I could drive back (thus not showing up for how many things happened in-between). Therefore, I have two (2) times showing up as bringing in the car for problems instead of three (3) or more.

BMW was made aware of my problems and asked to consider me for their Trade Assist Program (BMW helps you into a new car) because of all the problems I was having with the vehicle. Their response today was a wake-up call for me as to what they think of me as a customer (if approved this would have been the 6th BMW that we have owned between my wife and I). The reasons that I was given were:

- I owe to much for a payoff.
o What do you expect when the car has only been paid on for one year!
- High mileage.
o I work away from home due to my military job, and I am considered a geo-bachelor so I drive 750 miles round-trip to see my family once a month. I am still within the warranty as far as mileage. No one ever told me to stop driving back and forth to work and everywhere else if I was having car problems! The car is still capable of being driven.
- My problems are not urgent and can wait (ask again at the end of the year).
o Urgent has nothing to do with wanting a reliable vehicle that you are not waiting for the next thing to happen.

They (BMW) know that a 2014 640i is having problems. They also know that my family and I are repeat BMW customers (5 as of today) who only wanted another vehicle that would not be problematic.

- Do they think that the end of the year will eliminate the problems?
- Are they waiting until I am beyond 18-months, or outside the lemon law?
- Do they think the mileage will go down instead of up?
- Are they saying that they will consider letting me purchase a new car without any expenses out of my pocket only if it is the end of the year? Basically, if we have leftover cars that no one else wanted or couldn't sell.

I didn’t create all of the problems I am having. It is a slap in the face for a repeat customer or anyone for that matter. Yes, I understand the lemon law allows me to go into court and walk away without a vehicle and the option to go somewhere else. That is not the point. The point is why go through that hassle if it is not necessary and since I have only taken my car in twice on each issue, it does not meet the law. And once I get to the third time, I still have to send a certified letter and allow them to fix it one last time.

I bought into the fake “customer care” and “customer loyalty” with BMW. I forgot that first and last they are a business and I am just one customer. I do not affect the bottom line. The loss of my business is off-set by another.

What I am is a real owner with real problems and high anxiety over a vehicle that I just don’t trust (my only form of transportation).

I can honestly say that after this, my wife will also not be a repeat customer. I can honestly say that no one in my family, friends, co-workers, or curious people asking me about my vehicle, will be a BMW customer.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2015, 09:49 PM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

First if you haven't already you need to bring this up to BMW NA, maybe another dealership as that one sounds like they could care less about you as a customer. If that gets you nowhere, hire a good lemon attorney from your area and they will get you back every penny spent on the car since you bought it. When things like this happen, don't get emotional or sentimental, just use the proper channels like BMW NA and Lemon attorneys and you will be fine. Sorry to hear about your bad experience, The 6 should be a flawless car for how much it's priced, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #3
Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
There is a HUUGEEE gap between dealership service delivery and BMW NA corporate strategy...
I've had numerous problems with dealerships...with my vehicles...
I've purchased 3 brands new BMW's in the past 3.5 years (yes purchased not leased), and dealt with 3 different dealerships and every single one of them gave me s#@..t load to deal with...
all dealership's faults...either lack of competence and knowledge or inadequate customer service.
The one big major problem with BMW is their services in North America...there is a huge disconnect between corporate office and dealerships...and based on my back & forths, there's nothing to be done...
My 2014 brand new X5 went back to the dealership 1 week after delivery last year due to some technical problem on the steering wheel...the dealership reprogrammed the car, and ruined everything, the vehicle never worked like day one and its original factory settings, ... dealership came back with lack of technical knowledge excuse and they believed the vehicle is fine!
Still have the problems to date...
took it to another dealership for annual service and winter/summer tire exchange, they gave it back to me with 4 scratches on all sides!!!
Appreciate 0