BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-13-2023, 03:19 PM   #1
Sauceii World
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: g12 750xi , f13 M6

Best forward facing car seat for m6 gran coupe

Hey guys trying to find the best fitting car seat for my gran coupe . I have a clerk foonf in my 750 and the seat is amazing , but it is a tank and no way will it fit in the m6 . Yes I have searched and seen previous threads but they are quite a bit outdated , and I’m sure there’s newer seats out now .Lookinng for a forward facing seat for a 2 year old . Thanks I advance to the other m6 dads out there that can shed some light . 🙏🏼
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 03:34 PM   #2
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauceii World View Post
Hey guys trying to find the best fitting car seat for my gran coupe . I have a clerk foonf in my 750 and the seat is amazing , but it is a tank and no way will it fit in the m6 . Yes I have searched and seen previous threads but they are quite a bit outdated , and I’m sure there’s newer seats out now .Lookinng for a forward facing seat for a 2 year old . Thanks I advance to the other m6 dads out there that can shed some light . 🙏🏼
My Graco DLX 4 and 1 fits, I had it in another car so I just moved it over, although now my son is 4 so he is in a high back booster which is much slimmer.

I do have the same Graco DLX set up in rear facing for my daughter right now which also fits.

There are slimmer ones then these but I can confirm they both fit. The rear facing one is tight though behind the drivers seat if you are super tall. I am 6' and my seat touches the top of the rear facing one.

I know you didnt ask about that but thought I would add for others if they read the thread.
      12-13-2023, 03:40 PM   #3
Sauceii World
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staszek View Post
My Graco DLX 4 and 1 fits, I had it in another car so I just moved it over, although now my son is 4 so he is in a high back booster which is much slimmer.

I do have the same Graco DLX set up in rear facing for my daughter right now which also fits.

There are slimmer ones then these but I can confirm they both fit. The rear facing one is tight though behind the drivers seat if you are super tall. I am 6' and my seat touches the top of the rear facing one.

I know you didnt ask about that but thought I would add for others if they read the thread.
No worries yea good info for other parents that might be reading this . On your forward facing setup how did you use the top anchor with out smooshing the headrest down ? That’s my other struggle I’m trying to figure out . No way to run a belt under the headrest with their design and if I install the seat in the middle he for sure will be kicking the rear seat controls haha
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 09:41 PM   #4
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
No worries yea good info for other parents that might be reading this . On your forward facing setup how did you use the top anchor with out smooshing the headrest down ? That’s my other struggle I’m trying to figure out . No way to run a belt under the headrest with their design and if I install the seat in the middle he for sure will be kicking the rear seat controls haha
I went around the side of the headrest instead of the top.

It seems to be holding it very tight, I have no movement. Our X7 has captain's chairs and the top latch is actually on the inboard side of the chair on the floor.

So I figured its offset to the side in the X7 its fine being a bit offset in the M6.

I could be wrong but I am less then an inch of movement in all directions.
      12-15-2023, 02:05 AM   #5
reggie01se
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 Gran Coupe

I use the Diono Radian 3R for both my kids. I started using them when they were 4 and 2, still using them at ages 8 and 6.
      12-18-2023, 12:12 AM   #6
Sauceii World
Enlisted Member
Rep

I pulled my clek foonf out of my 7 series and gave it a try in the m6 . Wasn’t too bad , the back doesn’t sit as flush as the it does in the 7 series but it got the job done and the seat itself is a absolute tank . Just need to grab a light colored seat protector and might keep rocking the clek
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 11:06 AM   #7
machareus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 F06 M6 CP, '21 Alpina XB7

The primary hauler for our 2-year-old is a G07 and we have a Nuna Rava for that. When the kiddo was smaller we used a Nuna Pipa rear facing which did spend a good amount of time in my F06. I think the Rava takes up less front to back space, so that would probably work but I haven't tried installing it in the F06.

Now that he's forward facing, he does sometimes travel in my F06 (and more frequently in an E90 with the nanny for in-town trips). For those cars we use the WAYB Pico.

https://wayb.com/products/pico-car-seat

It's a pretty great car seat overall. It folds up to a medium backpack size and you can get a car seat protector that attaches to the car seat itself and does a good job of preventing indents. We also take it with us when traveling and the kiddo has been able to sit in it comfortably for longer stretches on a plane.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 04:05 PM   #8
danielgmanm6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:

Recaro makes a child seat, we just had a baby so want something for my M6.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 06:09 PM   #9
Sauceii World
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielgmanm6 View Post
Recaro makes a child seat, we just had a baby so want something for my M6.
If you are in the us recaro won’t ship the seat . I ended up going with a clek foonf check them out . They are expensive but a absolute tank and just switched it from my 7series to my m6 yesterday and it fits . I had a cybex cloud q when he was a infant . The clek is about 550 and the cybex is about 450 .

https://www.cybex-online.com/en/us/p...fe_3_0_US.html

https://clekinc.com/products/foonf
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 02:14 AM   #10
danielgmanm6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW ///M6 F13

Garage List
2013 Bmw M6  [0.00]
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
If you are in the us recaro won’t ship the seat . I ended up going with a clek foonf check them out . They are expensive but a absolute tank and just switched it from my 7series to my m6 yesterday and it fits . I had a cybex cloud q when he was a infant . The clek is about 550 and the cybex is about 450 .

https://www.cybex-online.com/en/us/p...fe_3_0_US.html

https://clekinc.com/products/foonf

You're a gentleman thank you. I will check it out.
Appreciate 0