BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-22-2024, 09:31 PM   #1
LA640WS
Private
Rep
Drives: Vert 640, Merc SL63 R232

Stuck, Passenger door shut

Greeting everyone, Looking for a bit of assistance. Ive already searched the threads and can't find anything.

The problem is my passenger door is neither opening from the inside or the outside after replacing the door actuator. it's got power to the actuator, but no movement of mechanism

I'm hoping there is a mechanical way to get that door open. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 06:42 AM   #2
swissfraser
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F13 640d

To give us a little more context, is the door definitely unlocking? Have you tried using the physical key in the lock?

Not trying to patronise you, just trying to understand what the problem is and rule out the obvious!

Edit: does this thread help? https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/p...andle.1404343/
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2024, 08:40 PM   #3
LA640WS
Private
Rep
Drives: Vert 640, Merc SL63 R232

Thick skin not running from queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfraser View Post
To give us a little more context, is the door definitely unlocking? Have you tried using the physical key in the lock?

Not trying to patronise you, just trying to understand what the problem is and rule out the obvious!

Edit: does this thread help? https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/p...andle.1404343/

Hey Swiss thanks for responding. the key option is not avail with the pass side door pulls. I did wind up pulling the card about 50% while the door was locked. I then removed the shadow line trim from the door and the the rubber trim around at the top of the door frame( The one with the door card horizontal slots.

This gave me access to look down and find the main lower hinge on the actuator.

there are two linkage controls on the actuator body. The first one visible when looking down the card back and that's the hinge for the interior pull handle, the linkage not visible and only accessible after pulling the above bits is the main linkage, and the one that controlled by the exterior handle.

I pushed down on that one and the door opened.

Beware of all the china actuators on ebay and amazon. The one thing i noticed after ordering pass/driver side actuators was the length of the cables, and although they work, they won't function correctly with soft close doors due to the length(extra 6in way to long to pull doors inward)

Last edited by LA640WS; 02-23-2024 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0