BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-04-2015, 08:42 PM   #1
krown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6

Blackened out badges

I'm looking to get the rear trunk M6 badge replaced with a blackened out one, or a carbon fiber one. Can anyone recommend a good supplier for these? I see plenty on Ebay, but they come from China so worried about the quality.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 Black Sapphire X6M

ind distribution. They take the genuine bmw badges and paint them. Best quality. But not cheap. I just got one from them. Gloss black. and its perfect.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 12:47 AM   #3
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCarbonEverything View Post
ind distribution. They take the genuine bmw badges and paint them. Best quality. But not cheap. I just got one from them. Gloss black. and its perfect.
I got mine from IND too. They were great to deal with and you couldn't ask for better stuff. As for origin, you'd have to ask them. I want to say they have the badges painted from stock parts but I'm not sure about that. I think one of their aero manufacturers is from Japan so I guess they could be from anywhere. I don't have any of those aero pieces but from what I have read here several do and they all seem to be very happy - not seen one complaint at all. I will say that everything I bought from IND was great. Wherever they are getting the stuff I bought it's from a very good supplier.

I was poking around at some of the vendor sites I first saw in the Commercial Classifieds (I am pretty sure they all support the forum so I try to deal with them first) and noticed that Trinity has them as well. Check out the vendor or Commercial Classifieds area in for others who might have what you are looking for - you'll probably have to go to their sites for find that part.

I guess to some extent whether or not someone would even consider putting one on their car would depend on the car's color but so far I have not seen a color that didn't look great with the chrome blacked out. Some are better than others for sure, but I sure like the look on every single one I have seen. I am surprised the factory doesn't make this an orderable option or at least available at the dealership. They do have some black out stuff but I've not seen the badges yet.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 01:37 AM   #4
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

IND is the best for cosmetics

Shoot me a PM if you still need help finding the badges!

Sales & service of BBS Street & Motorsport products.
BBS Highest Volume Dealer 2015 thru 2022
All the top brands at the prices and service you can count on. Professional installation.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #5
krown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alpina B6

Next week I'll be trading in my 2012 M5 for a 2015 M6GC. It's Alpine White and I'll be installing a carbon fiber spoiler. I saw the black badges online and I'm thinking they'll look very sharp against the white paint. Not sure if I'm going to go matte or glossy. It seems that they range in price from $20 (Ebay) to $75 (IND). I'm assuming that the price difference is due to IND taking an OEM badge and repainting it, rather than some places just making one from scratch.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 02:51 PM   #6
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by krown View Post
I'm looking to get the rear trunk M6 badge replaced with a blackened out one, or a carbon fiber one. Can anyone recommend a good supplier for these? I see plenty on Ebay, but they come from China so worried about the quality.

Thanks
You can do what most vendors sell.
Buy a new one from your local BMW dealer or online. Then take it to a body shop or anyone who does painting and have them paint them for you.
I do this a lot for clients and it is not expensive at all.
On some items you can actually remove your piece and have it painted.
Here are some examples of items I have had painted for clients.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 03:52 PM   #7
gds52
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4M Coupe, BMW 328i E93 Co

You can also look for pre-cut vinyl decals. I got one for $15 for whole car at a BMW event. Its a one sheet with precut decals for hood/trunk/wheels/steering BMW roundel.
All you have to do is pick n apply it carefully and no one can tell if its a decal.

Found this link on ebay for more insight.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/AVERY-SUPREM...3949e9&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0