BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

12-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #1
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650I

650I Meisterschaft Exhaust Install Help

I just got my Meisterschaft Exhaust GTC in and wanted to make sure it gets installed correctly. What are the two small rings for that come in the box with the wired switch? Also I received four adapters (2short, 2 longer) which go between which sections? Lastly is there a set location to cut the front pipe for install and where do you tap into for power/ground for the wireless controller box. Any pics or info will help.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 11:24 PM   #2
BBLF13
BMW Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' 650i Coupe

video please!
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2014, 04:55 PM   #3
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep

I am going to get my exhaust installed tomorrow, muffler shop said they can hang the exhaust but cannot installed the electrical cutouts. I decided to do this myself. I had a DRL harness laying around and hooked up the exhaust w/ wireless box powered by the harness to test. The valves are aligned and working perfectly. Instead of getting power from the fuse box I will just use this harness which turns on when car ignition is on. I found the grommet by the battery and cut a slit at the top of the grommet and ran a coat hanger from the inside out. I then attached one end of the valve wire to the wire underneath the car (taped up) and pulled it inside. Once the exhaust is installed and the wire length is determined I will seal up the slit just in case. Hope this help for future installs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #4
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
Wow.
Very exciting.
Great pics.
Keep them coming.
And video ( sound ) when done
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 09:17 AM   #5
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep

I had the exhaust installed yesterday, only problem was width of front pipe was to narrow for gt midpipe. Shop has to cut front pipe and widen to make fit, other than that fitment was great. I finished the wiring of the valve control and everything works great! This is the 1st 650I Meisterschaft exhaust with a M6 diffuser that I know of. Sound is awesome.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0