BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      01-13-2018, 05:32 PM   #1
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Goodbye to the 6GC

Not been very active here recently, just been enjoying the 6 although I've totalled the amount of work carried out under warranty in the last year has been at least 11k worth. Its out of warranty this month and we now have a baby on the way so I've decided to get rid. Mixed feelings about letting it go, when it's on it's game it's great but im finding it too hard and uncomfortable for daily driving, I really want comfort right now.

So I've just today order a G11 7 Series, so the 6GC is on it's way once the 7 arrives in a couple months!

Hope you're all still enjoying your 6's, they are great cars, and still the best looking car BMW make I reckon.

Last edited by 325_bucks; 01-14-2018 at 02:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2018, 11:36 PM   #2
Tfzen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 640i GC

What kind of warranty work has been done on your 640D GC?
I found the ride of my 640i GC (with adapive drive) quite hard on the OEM 20" 373M and runflats too, recently switched out to 19" + normals and it's a lot better, still no carpet ride of course.

Nevertheless, enjoy your upcoming G11, it'll be a giant leap forward in terms of comfort.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2018, 02:22 AM   #3
325_bucks
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

I can’t even remember all the work I’ve had done but it includes replacing both front seats bases due to movement. And now my driver seat is moving again so it’s going back in next week. That’s 2k a time. The whole air con system has been replaced (pump, radiator etc) because it just stopped working. Steering wheel replaced due to excessive wear. Headlights replaced due to moisture and misting.

Actually thinking about it it’s probably a lot more than 11k!
Appreciate 0