BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #1
rev7400
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' 640i, 11' X3

Frozen Grey 2015 640i GC

Hey everyone, thought I'd introduce my new 6 series gran coupe. I've had this car for about a month now, it's fully loaded individual with every option ticked except for the m-sport package. I didn't spec this car out, nor did I want it, but the dealer spec'd it out and offered it to me at 35k below MSRP brand new after we negotiated so I had to jump on it (Paid 61.5K usd, retailed a hair over 96k).

Upon delivery, I had it wrapped with XPEL Matte stealth film to protect the paint as much as possible (driving this car in Egypt).

First time I drove it I noticed it was very slow, so went ahead and ordered a JB4 tune for it, hoping that'll make it a bit faster once I find someone to install it (I was too confused by the instructions). Would be interesting in hearing your thoughts on it if any of you have installed it, I'll be running map 1 due to poor fuel in this country.

Other than that, I wanted to purchase a set of 20 inch HRE rims, but the tires on my 19s developed a huge hole after I hit a pothole I believe, and I'm surprised that they still hold air with such a huge hole in them, never understood these runflats So at this point I'm pretty hesitant on the 20s, especially since there would be less tire around the rim with them on.

I've attached some pictures. Let me know what you guys think. Would like to hear your inputs/recommendations on what mods I should do cosmetically and power wise as well.

I have an M6 gran coupe offered to me by the dealership right now at 101K USD, I might jump on that if I feel like the car still hasn't picked up enough power after some mods.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
m34SPD
Picture me rollin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: e36 m3, e39 m5, f80 m3 CS

I would swap it for the M6 Gran Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 06:29 PM   #3
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

You're gonna want the M6 GC.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

I am in the market for a 6er GC and after looking at 640, 650 and M6. Definitely wanting the M6. I tried telling myself to save $ and go for the 640 but I know if I get the 640, it's only a matter of time before I'm going to want to trade up to an M6. So... I figured, save myself the trouble and just go for the M
Appreciate 0