BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-30-2015, 01:56 PM   #1
gamble
Austria
Rep
Drives: SG F13 M6 Coupe DCT

Euro M6 Dyno results, stock.

So, as the M-Gmbh was previously owner of our car we always thought that it would be possible that the Speed Limiter was removed and as we also heard that M6es push more power then stated we were excited to test it out ourselves

So we´ve been to a local Shop and put the M6 onto a Maha LPS 3000 Dyno,
first try in 5th gear failed cuz we had wheelspin at about 4500rpm.

2nd try was in 6th gear but we ran into the existing Speed Limit of 251km/h at 5xxx rpm so we just got 532PS but !! 721NM !!

I asked the shop owner if we could do another try with me inside the car in 5th gear, said and done but again, wheelsspin so the Dyno stopped the run.

Last idea was to sit in the trunk with my G/F and then BAM, took the car to 6033rpm (Speed Limiter kicked in again..) and did 620PS/740NM (ENGINE Power without drivetrain loss) that is 60PS/NM more then stated as i said..my car is totally stock

O.C. i got a proof

The Shop owner was also amazed and said he won't believe that the car is stock

He also said there could be some more HP in the car cuz it was the 4th run in row so the engine was already pretty warm..beside if the limiter would get removed the car could rev up a lil more..

Anyway i´m more then happy with the outcome, i hoped for something in the 580-600 range but clearly above 600 is just amazing for a stock car that runs butter smooth

ps. i nearly fainted as i saw that the dash board was blinking like a christmas tree, there were so many error codes..the car rly didn't like the front wheels standing still while the rear was at 250km/h..lol

Last edited by gamble; 06-30-2015 at 02:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #2
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

Power was still climbing, shame you couldn't get grip. I wouldn't have thought you would have problems in 5th at all though on a dyno, is their dyno just really slippery?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 02:36 PM   #3
gamble
Austria
Rep
Drives: SG F13 M6 Coupe DCT

I haven't been to anymore Dyno´s so i don't know if others
are that slippery too..the owner said he also has a 4wd Dyno but it would make
no difference..?

The problem he said is the torque bump at 4500rpm where we got the wheels shortly spinning and the Dyno to end the run :/

It would be interesting if i come again with the trunk full of sandbags or something like that and get it done right the first run..even more if the limiter was removed or at least raised to 280...that would be enough to hit the limiter in 5th gear i guess
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

I wonder if he could stay at partial throttle until 4500rpm then roll onto the throttle slowly to have it pinned flat by 5500rpm or so in 4th.

I haven't heard of another M6 struggling for grip in 4th on a dyno at all.

Some people can remove the limiter, I'm unsure if anyone is closer to you than BR-Performance in Belgium but I'm sure there would be a place that is either in Austria or southern Germany that could do it.
Appreciate 0