BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-22-2015, 04:26 PM   #1
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | F10 M5

Jailbreak Tune for my F13 M6 616HP/611TQ

Jailbreak Tuning was able to fully tune my car

No more CEL from my RPi downpipes and top speed limiter is removed. I've attached A LOT of dyno graphs. The dyno and tuning were done on a Dynojet at MD Automotive in Westminster, CA. I'll be taking the car to EAS to get it dyno'd over there, since they have several of my previous runs.

We are an authorized dealer for Jailbreak Tuning. We can either take out the ECU for you or you can ship the ECU to us. Pricing will vary. Please PM me for pricing.

As you can see the jb4 graphs shows a lot of inconsistency. The stock tune was more consistent, but no power. Once they uploaded their tune the car was more consistent. ALL runs were done with Shell 91 Octane. I'll have some runs done with 100 octane next week. My car will be at Shift-Sector event this weekend.

When Jailbreak Tuning opens up the ECU they DO NOT drill to open it up

These runs were done with RPi Catless Downpipes, RPi GT Exhaust, Charcoal Filter Delete, and STOCK Tune. Also, runs were both in 4th and 5th gear.

These runs were done with RPi Catless Downpipes, RPi GT Exhaust, Charcoal Filter Delete, and JB4 (2.25 BOOST over stock). Also, runs were both in 4th and 5th gear.

These runs were done with RPi Catless Downpipes, RPi GT Exhaust, Charcoal Filter Delete, and the Jailbreak Tune.

Last edited by joe@trinityautosport; 01-23-2015 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 03:40 AM   #2
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

The tune does show a much smoother graph,especially on the torque curve . This is complete Ecu tune then ? Do you have a graph with the boost and AFR with the power ? I am assuming that it is running more boost then stock ? How much more ?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 12:20 PM   #3
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel lane View Post
The tune does show a much smoother graph,especially on the torque curve . This is complete Ecu tune then ? Do you have a graph with the boost and AFR with the power ? I am assuming that it is running more boost then stock ? How much more ?
Yes sir...complete ECU tune. I will get the afr, but not sure if it'll show boost.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #4
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #5
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

That is a nice graph for AFR and torque , what boost over stock is it running , you mentioned top speed removed ?.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 01:57 PM   #6
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michel lane View Post
That is a nice graph for AFR and torque , what boost over stock is it running , you mentioned top speed removed ?.
Not sure how much more boost over stock but will find out when I redyno it. The top speed has been removed
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #7
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F13 M6 Coupe

Cold start delete as well?? If so, I'm in. Please pm me!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #8
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnfoundLegend View Post
You want to remove the cold start functionality? Cold start is simply amazing. It puts a smile on my face each time I start the car in the morning.

And... You want to remove this?

Brian
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #9
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian
Quote:
You want to remove the cold start functionality? Cold start is simply amazing. It puts a smile on my face each time I start the car in the morning.

And... You want to remove this?

Brian
When you have catless down pipes, resonator delete, and what's basically a straight through muffler system, it is SO loud on cold start that I have to start m6 with garage closed so the neighbors don't complain--and our houses are far apart from the average neighborhood. still, with the door closed, the entire garage rumbles like there's an earthquake, and once, the vibrations made the latch go down and broke the garage system temporarily lol!! I remember my e92 m3 had cold start delete and it was the best, it sounded like a 328i starting up and then you rev it even in the slightest and then you get the glorious v8.

What stinks is after cold start routine is over and it just does its regular cycle to idle, it's not very loud at all. There's almost no noise from the exhaust. And no drone at all in any rpm range which is what is really satisfying. On the outside is a different story, it's so loud and the pops are explosive to the point you can get ear damage from it lol. Can't imagine RPiM5 or mustanngs M5 and the other dudes who I forgot the name of.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 01:29 PM   #10
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
When you have catless down pipes, resonator delete, and what's basically a straight through muffler system, it is SO loud on cold start that I have to start m6 with garage closed so the neighbors don't complain--and our houses are far apart from the average neighborhood. still, with the door closed, the entire garage rumbles like there's an earthquake, and once, the vibrations made the latch go down and broke the garage system temporarily lol!! I remember my e92 m3 had cold start delete and it was the best, it sounded like a 328i starting up and then you rev it even in the slightest and then you get the glorious v8.

What stinks is after cold start routine is over and it just does its regular cycle to idle, it's not very loud at all. There's almost no noise from the exhaust. And no drone at all in any rpm range which is what is really satisfying. On the outside is a different story, it's so loud and the pops are explosive to the point you can get ear damage from it lol. Can't imagine RPiM5 or mustanngs M5 and the other dudes who I forgot the name of.
I love that earthquake
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #11
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
I love that earthquake
+1, its so sexy i wish my car started on cold start even when the engine is hot!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 07:00 AM   #12
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:

Indeed my Cold Start almost starts a thermonuclear war. There's just no words for how loud it is. It definitely registers above 130db and frankly after living with it for nearly two years now, I will admit being tired of it. If I start my car up in my parking garage and their are any people walking by they always give me weird and/or confused looks as to why my car is so loud. One guy even came up to me once and told me that their was something wrong with my car and I should have it looked at. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 12:09 PM   #13
brad850csi
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 16 F13 M6 Comp

I'm curious, any chance for numbers with everything all stock on the car? I beleive that on a stock tune all of the parts on that car might be worth 10-20hp, but with the tune they might be worth more than that?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 12:26 PM   #14
UnfoundLegend
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:

Indeed my Cold Start almost starts a thermonuclear war. There's just no words for how loud it is. It definitely registers above 130db and frankly after living with it for nearly two years now, I will admit being tired of it. If I start my car up in my parking garage and their are any people walking by they always give me weird and/or confused looks as to why my car is so loud. One guy even came up to me once and told me that their was something wrong with my car and I should have it looked at. Lol!

Also a word on Jailbreak Tuning, BR Performance, and AMS regarding these tunes. Just a word of caution, that although it is obvious to say to each their own, but for me personally, I will never trust anyone to physically modifiy my ECU. A tuner may agree not to drill open the ECU or what have you, that's not the real danger, what these tuners are not really telling you is that they are physically modifying your ECU in order to bypass the encryption. In most cases, soldering a new connection onto the circuit board is what these tuners are doing to your ECU, which just doesn't sit well for me personally. There have been rumors that OBD flash tuners has been figured out but I still haven't seen credible evidence of that. Until the day comes when I can flash tune my ECU's via the OBD port, I will never let anyone touch my ECU's. Which ever way you go though, both methods still allow the tune to be easily detected by the dealership computers and there will be a great risk of voiding your warranty. A real tune is much better than a piggyback but at least the piggyback can't be detected and doesn't require physical modification the ECU's.
So what you're saying is that this isn't even a true tune? Meaning it could ultimately be detected by the dealership if they dug into it. A true tune would be undetectable....I think. And any override in updates wouldn't override the tune itself, at least that's how it normally is/should be.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 12:57 PM   #15
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes we can delete the cold start

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

Also a word on Jailbreak Tuning, BR Performance, and AMS regarding these tunes. Just a word of caution, that although it is obvious to say to each their own, but for me personally, I will never trust anyone to physically modifiy my ECU. A tuner may agree not to drill open the ECU or what have you, that's not the real danger, what these tuners are not really telling you is that they are physically modifying your ECU in order to bypass the encryption. In most cases, soldering a new connection onto the circuit board is what these tuners are doing to your ECU, which just doesn't sit well for me personally. There have been rumors that OBD flash tuners has been figured out but I still haven't seen credible evidence of that. Until the day comes when I can flash tune my ECU's via the OBD port, I will never let anyone touch my ECU's. Which ever way you go though, both methods still allow the tune to be easily detected by the dealership computers and there will be a great risk of voiding your warranty. A real tune is much better than a piggyback but at least the piggyback can't be detected and doesn't require physical modification the ECU's.
Not sure where you are getting your info Dave, but its a flash WITHOUT soldering and the dealers won't know. I have an autologic and it scanned the car and had no faults saying the ECU has been tampered with. I was in the same boat with you Dave. I didn't want to be the guinea pig, but I'm glad I did it! I was scared at first, but watching them do it for 8 hours I was amazed. And RIGHT AWAY the car made power on the dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad850csi View Post
I'm curious, any chance for numbers with everything all stock on the car? I beleive that on a stock tune all of the parts on that car might be worth 10-20hp, but with the tune they might be worth more than that?
I'll find out if I can get a stock car run for you.

Quote:
So what you're saying is that this isn't even a true tune? Meaning it could ultimately be detected by the dealership if they dug into it. A true tune would be undetectable....I think. And any override in updates wouldn't override the tune itself, at least that's how it normally is/should be.
This is a TRUE tune. It won't be detected by the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 01:30 PM   #16
adibaiz1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M8GC,22 S580,21 M4,22 SF90

Here are my dyno sheets of my full ECU tune also, done here locally in South Florida. I was at the track last week and ran 11.46 and 11.50 at @ 130mph with horrible 60'. Car feels very strong...got to see how it compares to other M5/M6 with JB4 piggy backs. I got the tune, BMC filters w/ charcoal delete and IPE catless down pipes.

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 01:13 PM   #17
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep

Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 06:34 AM   #18
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Joe I was informed the cold start cannot be removed at this time. Your not waking up the world when U start up?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2015, 01:07 PM   #19
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Joe I was informed the cold start cannot be removed at this time. Your not waking up the world when U start up?
Hi...I just got a text back from Matt @ Jailbreak Tuning and he said he can delete it
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2015, 12:23 PM   #20
joe@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2015, 08:25 PM   #21
rsr racer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

I have a sharkwerks full track bypass on my GT3RS....talk about shaking the neighbors windows!!

They put up with me since I always use my snowblower to clean them up after a storm so all is good!!

I think I need a jailbreak!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 08:07 PM   #22
mrainv23
mrainv23
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe F06

Closed valves on Meisterschaft = my cold start delete. I can vouch for the earthquake effect with them open...lol.

Sold-BMW 550i F10/Dinan S3/ Eisenmann Race Exhaust/ Vossen CV3s
Appreciate 0