BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

opinion needed

Hi Folks here,

Within the help of members (Southern6er22, Mlai etc.) I have taken delivery of my carbon black 650 gc around one month now. I have had several bmws benzs. There is no wonder this is my best car so far.
I am planning to do some mods now. Just want to know how do you guys think? Will the mods look good on my baby?
1. Change the side mirror caps to chrome colour ones.
2.put the carbonfiber wraps on the roof.
3. Add one rear spoiler to the trunk.
4. Change the front grills to black.
Please share your opinions with me. Thanks a lot.
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #2
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Hi Folks here,

Within the help of members (Southern6er22, Mlai etc.) I have taken delivery of my carbon black 650 gc around one month now. I have had several bmws benzs. There is no wonder this is my best car so far.
I am planning to do some mods now. Just want to know how do you guys think? Will the mods look good on my baby?
1. Change the side mirror caps to chrome colour ones.
2.put the carbonfiber wraps on the roof.
3. Add one rear spoiler to the trunk.
4. Change the front grills to black.
Please share your opinions with me. Thanks a lot.
All subjective of course but:

1) No
2) Possibly, if its done well, but not sure how it will look in bright sunlight, when CB can look quite blue
3) Yes, if its discrete lip spoiler, ala M6. No if its going to be one of the wings from a 747
4) Personally I prefer some contrasting features. Silver wheels/accents on dark cars, black ones on lighter cars. Obviously you don't want too much bling, but blacking out the grills can muddy the aggressive design characteristics of cars like this IMO.

But wha do I know, do what looks best to your eye
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentos View Post
All subjective of course but:

1) No
2) Possibly, if its done well, but not sure how it will look in bright sunlight, when CB can look quite blue
3) Yes, if its discrete lip spoiler, ala M6. No if its going to be one of the wings from a 747
4) Personally I prefer some contrasting features. Silver wheels/accents on dark cars, black ones on lighter cars. Obviously you don't want too much bling, but blacking out the grills can muddy the aggressive design characteristics of cars like this IMO.

But wha do I know, do what looks best to your eye
Thanks Mentos.
Do you think carbonfiber wrap will be nice on my carbonbkack car???
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #4
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Thanks Mentos.
Do you think carbonfiber wrap will be nice on my carbonbkack car???
When the carbon black looks black, then I think it will. When its in bright light it can look quite blue (the carbon black that is), I'm not sure how good it will look then. The problem with carbon black is, its not really black per se, but ranges from black to quite blue. By adding a carbon fibre roof wrap (which will actually have true black in it) it will highlight the carbon black itself isn't really black. That could be a good thing or a bad thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep

I forgot to say congrats on the car, you'll love it . I ended up with a Black Sapphire, but space grey and carbon black were the other two colours I really liked on the GC
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentos View Post
I forgot to say congrats on the car, you'll love it . I ended up with a Black Sapphire, but space grey and carbon black were the other two colours I really liked on the GC
Yep, I really love it so far. I also like the black sapphire,but my SA told me the M sport package is not comparable with this color.

I have done lots of search online, but I still do not have any idea about the carbon fibre wrap and carbon black combo will be nice or not.
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0