BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #45
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

I don't want my M6 GC to sound like a cammed muscle car, I went with the Eisenmann Sport with valves and the exhaust-meister valve controller wireless controlled by the home-link buttons. I also removed the resonators. Should have it installed next week as it is coming in from Germany.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 04:32 AM   #46
garethm
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Good choice. I always like the sound of Eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 05:38 PM   #47
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by garethm View Post
Good choice. I always like the sound of Eisenmann.
It ended up being a really good choice! I have been running the E-Sport rear section with the resonators removed for about a week now and the car sounds perfect. Being able to control the sound levels with the Exhaust Meister valve control from the garage opener controls is on another level! I would have taken the sport or the race version but I came up on a sport version for a great price and I'm glad I went this route!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 08:01 AM   #48
straightpipeguru
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

the RPi is still the best bang for the buck sounds crazy awesome

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2018, 05:45 PM   #49
straightpipeguru
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

found this old thread but just had to share the sound of this video, its the F10 M5 but basically the same setup for the M6

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 02:12 AM   #50
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 E60/M6 GC/M550i/M850/M3 Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
It ended up being a really good choice! I have been running the E-Sport rear section with the resonators removed for about a week now and the car sounds perfect. Being able to control the sound levels with the Exhaust Meister valve control from the garage opener controls is on another level! I would have taken the sport or the race version but I came up on a sport version for a great price and I'm glad I went this route!
Hi, I am looking at the same set up👍Do you have any soundclips..?
Did you just cut the resonators from the OEM exhaust and replaced them with a Stainless Steel pipe or did you go for the Eisenmann center pipes non resonated ?
Regards
Morten
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 12:22 PM   #51
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteng70 View Post
Hi, I am looking at the same set up👍Do you have any soundclips..?
Did you just cut the resonators from the OEM exhaust and replaced them with a Stainless Steel pipe or did you go for the Eisenmann center pipes non resonated ?
Regards
Morten
I can get a sound clip up in a day or so. I did just delete the resonators and welded in a pair of 3" steel pipes. $100 did the same job as the more expensive center section from Eisenmann.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 10:09 PM   #52
castlesteve
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe, 2017 X5M

Quote:
I don't want my M6 GC to sound like a cammed muscle car, I went with the Eisenmann Sport with valves and the exhaust-meister valve controller wireless controlled by the home-link buttons. I also removed the resonators. Should have it installed next week as it is coming in from Germany.
Man, I never thought of programming the homelink for the GTHaus... brilliant. I'll have to do that this week
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 11:43 AM   #53
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by castlesteve View Post
Man, I never thought of programming the homelink for the GTHaus... brilliant. I'll have to do that this week
I found the idea on the forums of course! I use button 1 for the garage, then 2 opens the valves, 3rd button closes them. Setting it up off of the remote was just as simple as setting up a garage opener remote.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 04:16 PM   #54
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
I found the idea on the forums of course! I use button 1 for the garage, then 2 opens the valves, 3rd button closes them. Setting it up off of the remote was just as simple as setting up a garage opener remote.
I'm pretty sure I've got the Meisterschaft exhaust on my car but I think it's the SGT though I haven't gotten the car on the lift to be able to tell either way, and the folks at Meisterschaft have not answered my question about if they can track installations by VIN.

So, assuming I have an SGT with no valves, is there a way to add the valves on this model so that I can control the noise when coming and going from my development? If so, what's involved and what sort of money would I be talking about?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 04:24 PM   #55
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
I'm pretty sure I've got the Meisterschaft exhaust on my car but I think it's the SGT though I haven't gotten the car on the lift to be able to tell either way, and the folks at Meisterschaft have not answered my question about if they can track installations by VIN.

So, assuming I have an SGT with no valves, is there a way to add the valves on this model so that I can control the noise when coming and going from my development? If so, what's involved and what sort of money would I be talking about?
You would have to buy the valves, probably right around $100 each and you would need 2 of them, then a muffler shop would have to cut the pipes and weld in the valves, then hook them up to your vacuum lines, then you would need the exhaust meister unit for another $140 or so to control the valves. Not a big deal cost wise but you just need to order the parts and have a decent muffler shop install them and run vacuum lines to the original lines.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 04:57 PM   #56
Cincinnatus
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
You would have to buy the valves, probably right around $100 each and you would need 2 of them, then a muffler shop would have to cut the pipes and weld in the valves, then hook them up to your vacuum lines, then you would need the exhaust meister unit for another $140 or so to control the valves. Not a big deal cost wise but you just need to order the parts and have a decent muffler shop install them and run vacuum lines to the original lines.
Hmmmm... sounds like about $500 in parts, but a lot of work, and some risk - I always get nervous when vacuum lines are involved. I also wonder if there's a shop that can properly weld Titanium. Is there someone in the Northern NJ area you could recommend?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2018, 05:57 PM   #57
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
Hmmmm... sounds like about $500 in parts, but a lot of work, and some risk - I always get nervous when vacuum lines are involved. I also wonder if there's a shop that can properly weld Titanium. Is there someone in the Northern NJ area you could recommend?
It's not a lot of work for a decent muffler shop, and there is no risk on vacuum lines as yours right now are or should be plugged if you do not have valves on your exhaust because the OEM exhaust did have valves. The biggest problem is the titanium. I am in Socal so I can't really help with a shop on the East Coast but you could call different muffler shops in your area and see if any of them can weld titanium and go from there, I'm sure the cost will go up as well because it is titanium so you'll be looking at around $800 with parts/labor and I don't know if that's worth it in the end but it's always up to the end user.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2018, 05:14 AM   #58
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 E60/M6 GC/M550i/M850/M3 Com

Quote:
I can get a sound clip up in a day or so. I did just delete the resonators and welded in a pair of 3" steel pipes. $100 did the same job as the more expensive center section from Eisenmann.
That sounds nice....so in your opinion...resonator delete on the OEM will give the same sound as Eisenmann center pipe resonator delete..?

Morten
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2018, 04:32 PM   #59
Vigorspeed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M6 V10

Garage List
Dinan with my V-10 sounds very angry. Has a Lambo sound. Just passed emissions no problem
Appreciate 0