BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #67
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
There is a difference between msport edition and msport package. All msport editions should have shadowline unless someone specifically requests not to have it, and the typical msport package depends on the market. In some countries it's standard with the package and other countries it's an option.
Interesting change of philosophy- the 2012 6 series M sport Pkg came with chrome standard - a now they reversed themselves and made shadowline standard. I want chrome, which will require a special order form.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2013, 11:43 PM   #68
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decorum View Post
I was told by a very reliable contact in Munich that this is because they want to save something for an otherwise almost imperceptible LCI for the 6 series in 3/14. Therefore they decided to hold off on iDrive Touch until then. I was also told all the hardware and software is already in every vehicle since 7/13 (except for the actual touch control knob) so it will be a very simple retrofit involving only the knob, for those so inclined.
I can confirm that the software is there, I stumbled across it trying to code something else. And since the cars that currently have touch are on the 4.2 Idrive the hardware is there as well.

That being said I would still be very surprised if there was an LCI next year.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #69
fl650
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 & 2016 BMW X1

Has anyone taken delivery of an M Sport Edition 650i Coupe? If so, can you please post images? July production vehicles are starting to arrive at dealers, but there are VERY FEW coming to Florida. It doesn't make a lot of sense. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #70
timmyjd
Arctic Monkey
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90(retired), '14 F06, '23 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl650
Has anyone taken delivery of an M Sport Edition 650i Coupe? If so, can you please post images? July production vehicles are starting to arrive at dealers, but there are VERY FEW coming to Florida. It doesn't make a lot of sense. Thanks.
Yes, there are a few on this and other forums. Have you tried searching for M Sport Edition?? Here's one:

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869947
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #71
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

iDrive Touch

I believe the new iDrive Touch is much larger then the old one (well I know this, but I'm not sure just how much bigger). In looking at interior pictures of the 6-series, I'm pretty sure they are not able to fit the new controller in the existing space. I'm betting this is why we are not seeing this feature in the 6 yet. I don't think BMW is "saving" anything for the future but actually trying to figure out how to make it work.

I tried my friends 2014 550xi iDrive and liked the larger knob (my dealer friend HATES it however). The touch part however was a gimmick.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2013, 03:22 PM   #72
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
I believe the new iDrive Touch is much larger then the old one (well I know this, but I'm not sure just how much bigger). In looking at interior pictures of the 6-series, I'm pretty sure they are not able to fit the new controller in the existing space. I'm betting this is why we are not seeing this feature in the 6 yet. I don't think BMW is "saving" anything for the future but actually trying to figure out how to make it work.

I tried my friends 2014 550xi iDrive and liked the larger knob (my dealer friend HATES it however). The touch part however was a gimmick.
My uncle just bought a new 7 with the new controller and popped over to my house. We compared the cars back to back, I'm pretty sure it would fit.

As a side note it really did make me appreciate how good the 6 interior really is, seeing it side by side with a brand new 7.
Appreciate 0