BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      03-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #353
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

you still think wade shouldn't take the last shot? also i maybe wrong where he is ranked i was going off what they said on nbatv and what they said. i didn't go searching in the nba archives like you did lol
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #354
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

to shift the topics a lil bit.....carmelo's return has really f*cked up the dynamics the Knicks had going for them while he was injured. Lin was actually running the point, agressively, before his return. the bench was coming in and stepping up...playing unselfish inspired basketball. now with Melo back in....it seems everyone else is afraid to shoot now...just pass the ball to Melo. Shumpert definitely needs more playing time...i think he could give them a boost. just my opinion of course...
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 11:49 AM   #355
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

yeah, the knicks where only talked about for those two weeks lin was running the show, carmelo came back and boom they went to shit again.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #356
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Its not melo's fault its your stupid coach's fault. First of all, he's not a defensive mind set coach he only know's offense. Second he only knows one system and thats what he used in Phenix and he's to ignorant to come up with a new system that will work with the players he has right now. Did you guys watch the 6er's game? it was pure 48 mins of no defense. You can tell you're players to play D all you want but if you don't apply it during practice or every game how the hell are they going to apply good D during a game where they need it the most ?

Also Lin's run is over, he doesn't understand how to play with a good defensive team on him. His streak only lasted with crappy ass teams besides the Mav's. Once you play him one on one he throws the ball
away.

BTW my team are the 6ers

Last edited by ejazbmw; 03-12-2012 at 02:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #357
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
Also Lin's run is over, he doesn't understand how to play with a good defensive team on him. His streak only lasted with crappy ass teams besides the Mav's. Once you play him one on one he throws the ball
away.
so true

Quote:
BTW my team are the 6ers
sorry to hear .... j/k

Last edited by JohnSprm69; 03-12-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:06 PM   #358
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

hey we gave the heat a run for their money in the playoff last year! lol its all good I'm a lebron fan so i wasn't too mad.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #359
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
hey we gave the heat a run for their money in the playoff last year! lol its all good I'm a lebron fan so i wasn't too mad.
you from ny and not a knicks fan???
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #360
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

i hate the knicks and i hate knick fans because MOST of them don't know anything about basketball ...........there i said it lol i take it you're a heat fan? being that you're from Miami
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #361
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
i hate the knicks and i hate knick fans because MOST of them don't know anything about basketball ...........there i said it lol i take it you're a heat fan? being that you're from Miami

yeah, heat fan right here for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #362
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

you, and bulls fans have the only right to talk trash then lol
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 06:13 PM   #363
#Tee
Major General
Rep
Drives: yes

in for friendly team banter :P

You can follow my builds on IG: Tee212
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 06:23 PM   #364
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
to shift the topics a lil bit.....carmelo's return has really f*cked up the dynamics the Knicks had going for them while he was injured. Lin was actually running the point, agressively, before his return. the bench was coming in and stepping up...playing unselfish inspired basketball. now with Melo back in....it seems everyone else is afraid to shoot now...just pass the ball to Melo. Shumpert definitely needs more playing time...i think he could give them a boost. just my opinion of course...
I so called this
      03-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #365
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
you, and bulls fans have the only right to talk trash then lol
dude and i hate the bulls with a passion... why????? cause the fuckers are goooooood.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #366
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep
Drives: Black E90

Quote:

away.
I agree with every point except for this one. His turnovers are due to traps, and sometimes just poor ball handling. It's weird because his dribbles seems so wobbly but he sometimes still have control of the ball. It seems like he's losing it, but he manages to take it to the hoop.

But back to topic, I've watched almost all his games, at least since the streak. I agree that D'antoni sucks, and I think that's the reason why Lin's not able to lift the Knicks up. Lin's offense is actually legit. They lose mainly because of poor defense.

One reason Lin's not reacting too well to traps is because he's constantly looking for open shooters. And we have to give credit to those coaches are draw out nice traps, too. Lin just attracted too much attention during the streak.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #367
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoosh69 View Post
dude and i hate the bulls with a passion... why????? cause the fuckers are goooooood.
lol also because there you're only real competition in the east

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
I agree with every point except for this one. His turnovers are due to traps, and sometimes just poor ball handling. It's weird because his dribbles seems so wobbly but he sometimes still have control of the ball. It seems like he's losing it, but he manages to take it to the hoop.

But back to topic, I've watched almost all his games, at least since the streak. I agree that D'antoni sucks, and I think that's the reason why Lin's not able to lift the Knicks up. Lin's offense is actually legit. They lose mainly because of poor defense.

One reason Lin's not reacting too well to traps is because he's constantly looking for open shooters. And we have to give credit to those coaches are draw out nice traps, too. Lin just attracted too much attention during the streak.
well thats my point he doesn't know how to handle a good defensive team. its not him thats playing bad its the other team that forces him to play bad, big difference. He shouldn't be a starter, not yet at least he needs to learn more before you put the kid into hard situations like the heat or the bulls which raped him tonight.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #368
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

^^

He was raped tonight? I did not see that. I actually saw him doing pretty well against the best PG in the league today. If you put Steve Nash against a superb defensive team, he will also struggle, because he's not those Rose type of PG that can blow past you at will. There's really no one else to be PG if Lin doesn't start. Baron Davis is too inconsistent and doesn't have the vision Lin has. Baron Davis doesn't really belong in the Knicks IMO.
The Knicks lost purely because of poor defense. They held up at the first 3 quarters because of good offensive. Lin's PPG drop so much because Melo is here and he wants the ball. I don't think Lin played worse compared to his games during the streak. He just chose to give up the ball earlier (which also explains his lowered TO).
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #369
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
you still think wade shouldn't take the last shot? also i maybe wrong where he is ranked i was going off what they said on nbatv and what they said. i didn't go searching in the nba archives like you did lol
I still want the a pure shooter shooting the ball with the game on the line. No way I will trust Lebron or Wade on a consistent basis to make a mid range jumper or three pointer. The Heat have Mike Miller and Mario Chalmer for these situations. Mike Miller leads the league in three point percentage while Chalmers is in the top 10 three point field goal made.

I think you got hearing issues.. How could NBATV get 2 facts wrong? Playing 12 games and rank #6 in scoring?

It is called.... doing your research.. before you pull some random numbers out of your ass...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 07:41 AM   #370
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Its not melo's fault its your stupid coach's fault. First of all, he's not a defensive mind set coach he only know's offense. Second he only knows one system and thats what he used in Phenix and he's to ignorant to come up with a new system that will work with the players he has right now. Did you guys watch the 6er's game? it was pure 48 mins of no defense. You can tell you're players to play D all you want but if you don't apply it during practice or every game how the hell are they going to apply good D during a game where they need it the most ?

away.

BTW my team are the 6ers
Knicks aren't my team....i don't really have a team to be honest...i just like watching the great players. if i had to pick a team i'd like to see pull all the way through it'd be the Bulls. i'm a huge Rose fan...and have actually been a Bulls fan since i was a kid.<grew up in the Michael Jordan era>
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 09:36 AM   #371
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseGuy View Post
^^

He was raped tonight? I did not see that. I actually saw him doing pretty well against the best PG in the league today. If you put Steve Nash against a superb defensive team, he will also struggle, because he's not those Rose type of PG that can blow past you at will. There's really no one else to be PG if Lin doesn't start. Baron Davis is too inconsistent and doesn't have the vision Lin has. Baron Davis doesn't really belong in the Knicks IMO.
The Knicks lost purely because of poor defense. They held up at the first 3 quarters because of good offensive. Lin's PPG drop so much because Melo is here and he wants the ball. I don't think Lin played worse compared to his games during the streak. He just chose to give up the ball earlier (which also explains his lowered TO).
apparently you weren't watching the same game because that's the hardest defenses the knicks ever played all season. it was a close game mainly because the knicks defense was good. They lost because D rose well.......went D rose on their asses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
I still want the a pure shooter shooting the ball with the game on the line. No way I will trust Lebron or Wade on a consistent basis to make a mid range jumper or three pointer. The Heat have Mike Miller and Mario Chalmer for these situations. Mike Miller leads the league in three point percentage while Chalmers is in the top 10 three point field goal made.

I think you got hearing issues.. How could NBATV get 2 facts wrong? Playing 12 games and rank #6 in scoring?

It is called.... doing your research.. before you pull some random numbers out of your ass...
I'm done arguing with you because you only see basketball by the numbers a player puts up, its more then that my friend.

Last edited by ejazbmw; 03-13-2012 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #372
ChineseGuy
QuickShifter
Rep

^^

We were watching the same game. No matter how hard they play their defense, they still suck at defense. It's their system; they don't have any system. Their main defense consists of Chandler doing ALL the work, plus a few of the guys going for steals here and there. Bulls had quite a bit of open shots, but they just didn't fall. Korver shot a million times, but Knicks were so lucky none of them fall.

Here's why Knick's defense dropped so much on the 4th quarter: Chandler and Stoudamire is dead tired. It takes a lot of energy physically and mentally to play defense during crunch times. It's a lot more effective when you have an actual system to rely on. D'antoni has no defense system, so he relies on the players to run around and be on Code Red the whole game. I don't think it's the players' fault that they collapse at the last quarter. The bulls were just more organized, even with their sub par offense.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #373
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

The chants of "overrated" while Lin shot free throws made me chuckle.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #374
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

lol yeah i laughed at that too....but he is, the kid is average at best knick fans made him seem to be some kinda savior. I love the heat for showing Lin's true colors which are.... he sucks
Appreciate 0