BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-09-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
Introextro
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC CP San Marino

Car registered in the US first, imported later?

Hello,

Found an M6 GC I liked but wanted your advice - the Carfax though clean and one owner oddly mentions the vehicle sold first, then imported from Germany. Wondering how this is possible? Also, the dealer is small and "shady" so I am a little circumspect.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #2
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Introextro View Post
Hello,

Found an M6 GC I liked but wanted your advice - the Carfax though clean and one owner oddly mentions the vehicle sold first, then imported from Germany. Wondering how this is possible? Also, the dealer is small and "shady" so I am a little circumspect.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Pure guess, but maybe that is referring to European Delivery. When you take ED, you own the car at the time you take delivery in Germany (so your lease or finance payments start at that point), but you will not receive the car for 6-8 weeks after you drop it off after taking ED. Maybe that is what they are referring to. Maybe follow up with the dealer for their explanation, but if they are shady, why do business with them at all?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2016, 11:03 PM   #3
speedracerlo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
also maybe a military purchase?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 07:23 AM   #4
tab
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Gran Coupe MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M6 GC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBMW View Post
Pure guess, but maybe that is referring to European Delivery. When you take ED, you own the car at the time you take delivery in Germany (so your lease or finance payments start at that point), but you will not receive the car for 6-8 weeks after you drop it off after taking ED. Maybe that is what they are referring to. Maybe follow up with the dealer for their explanation, but if they are shady, why do business with them at all?
I suspect Euro Delivery is the answer. I know I bought and titled my M6 GC before I left for Germany to pick it up. It was imported probably 2-3 months after we did the documents in the US.
Appreciate 0