BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-05-2015, 02:13 PM   #199
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
I have never collected unemployment, but I work in a different state than I live. Yet, I pay zero tax to the state I work (NJ). Well, let's hope I never need to collect because I'm certain the max is < 15% of my normal wages, no way I could live on it....
I think in NJ you actually get a lot more than in other states. I think the max you can get is like $500/week. I mean your right... there is no way I could live on that. But for most professional workers who are established, they have savings and emergency money (Coupled with investments). Also like I said... you are given a HUGE grip O Cash as a parting gift so if you can live cheap for a while, it can at minimum last you 6 months with no impact on your life style or up to a year if your more conservative with your spending.
Appreciate 0