BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Thinking about new 650xi GC.

I've been thinking about picking up a new 650xi GC for some time now. I've gone back and forth with the dealer on some pricing... off and on deciding to stick with my 550xi or buy the 650xi GC.

At the end of the day, the 650xi GC doesn't offer a hell of a lot more than my 550xi (which is nearly loaded - minus B&O and night vision). However, I've had the 550xi for a few years now, and I've always loved the look of the GC... I suppose I'd pick up a few extras (like adding the B&O this time around), new iDrive software, and some nicer looks. I really love the F10 looks, but the GC just pushes it a bit further.

Is it worth the price to trade up? Probably not. Financially speaking, the smart move is to stick with my 550xi. I've only put 18k miles on the car in 3 years, so it's really brand new still. The tech in the GC isn't much different (same gen), but I'm the new 5er doesn't look different enough (for me) from my F10... and in some areas, like the double shoulder line, I like it a bit less. But the tech is a nice step forward - including the steering assist - but not really sure if it's worth it, either.

If I DID go for a new GC, what are the going discounts right now? Last one I priced with the dealer was around $111k (nearly fully loaded) and got them to about $102k on selling price. I'm expecting there may be a little more room in that price given how slow 6's seem to sell. Thoughts?
Appreciate 0