BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
UCFJWH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Took Delivery Yesterday. Some things good. Some things annoying......

Start with the good. I am thrilled with my color choice and the Zandvoort interior is very nice.

The finish is beautiful and I am happy with the service I received getting the car ordered and delivered for Fields in Orlando. They were very responsive to my constant pestering. I wanted a touring coupe with insane horse power and I got it.

OK, now the annoying..... Not the fault of my sales guy. I guess just the unintended consequence of ordering an early production car.

1 - I did not order the executive package or the B&O package. Would you believe that my car does not have Satellite Radio? My F150 and my Wife's Passat came with at least the ability to start a subscription. A software update is required on the system and has an associated labor cost. Surprising since that was not listed as an option like BMW Apps but was listed as a feature of the car online.

2 - I thought I would have contrast stitching on the center counsel. I wanted it on the dash too. I tried mightily to get an answer before ordering even going zooming into the pics on the on line configuration program. I was really disappointed that it was not that way. I did everything I could to be try and get it that way.

3 - I have this weird crackle in the volume control on the radio. The radio has a crackle sound when on and when you change the volume you hear it even more pronounced. I am sure I can get it fixed.

Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Congrats! She's a beauty, especially that interior.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
Merc1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i Coupe, 2010 IS250 AW

Its really pretty.

M
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #4
Nick45
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6, 2016 x5m,2019 m5

Congrats!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #5
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 Coupe

c'mon man, this isn't a touring coupe..... makes it sound like some Merc hunk of junk with a six speed auto.
I pick mine up Monday and from the reviews I've read and the recent autobild article that had it a couple of tenths of a sceond slower than an M3 GT. I think it a stretch to call a car like this a 'tourer'....

Sorry to rant but just sick of hearing stuff like this. Go back and read early reviews of the E92 M3; back then it was all 'M has lost it's edge', 'far to soft and well mannered' etc.. same shit different day.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #6
UCFJWH
Enlisted Member
Rep

Wow. Someone has a foreign substance in their cereal.

I was between this and the 911. The M6 performance is awesome but feels nothing like a light weight, performance first sports car. Compared to the porsche, lambo, and ferrari, this car has a heavier, more subdued, luxurious feel even if the performance numbers are not far off. If I were to class it, I would compare to the Maserati and the RS5. Both of those cars are far out classed by the M6.

All that being said, that was exactly what I wanted or I would be driving a the new Carrera S which was a complete hoot to drive but too noisy and not comfortable enough for me as a daily driver even though Porsche has come a long way on their interiors!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep

sorry dude! Just saw the annoying autocar review before, guess it tipped me over the edge..

I also test drove the carerra 2s and was not impressed. Makes a ton of noise and goes nowhere. Clngrats on the new ride, enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
PJFLA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Congrats.... Fields Lakeland took good care of me with my AW M6 too. I am trying to get coding done here in Tampa (or Lakeland/Orlando). If you are interested, maybe we could get someone to give us a break for doing more than one car?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2012, 06:26 PM   #9
UCFJWH
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks PJ. I am going to keep mine stock. Boring, I know but I really like it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #10
inagua
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, X5 35d, m235

nice color choice. Originality.
How bout the Nav? 3D nav?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
UCFJWH
Enlisted Member
Rep

I think it is the old Nav
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #12
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

tasteful combo, congrats!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #13
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCFJWH View Post
Start with the good. I am thrilled with my color choice and the Zandvoort interior is very nice.

The finish is beautiful and I am happy with the service I received getting the car ordered and delivered for Fields in Orlando. They were very responsive to my constant pestering. I wanted a touring coupe with insane horse power and I got it.

OK, now the annoying..... Not the fault of my sales guy. I guess just the unintended consequence of ordering an early production car.

1 - I did not order the executive package or the B&O package. Would you believe that my car does not have Satellite Radio? My F150 and my Wife's Passat came with at least the ability to start a subscription. A software update is required on the system and has an associated labor cost. Surprising since that was not listed as an option like BMW Apps but was listed as a feature of the car online.

2 - I thought I would have contrast stitching on the center counsel. I wanted it on the dash too. I tried mightily to get an answer before ordering even going zooming into the pics on the on line configuration program. I was really disappointed that it was not that way. I did everything I could to be try and get it that way.

3 - I have this weird crackle in the volume control on the radio. The radio has a crackle sound when on and when you change the volume you hear it even more pronounced. I am sure I can get it fixed.

Cheers!
Congrats. This is the first i have seen with a different wood inlay. Is that the grey ash? It's hard for me to tell on the pic.

I think there were only two other cases of issues with the stereo that I have read. One a crackle and one more like interference. I think one was fixed with software and the other just stopped and never came back after taking to the dealer.
      11-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #14
UCFJWH
Enlisted Member
Rep

It is the fine line oak trim. The stereo crackle seems to have fixed itself. I got the windows done Saturday and it looks sweet!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
kingoyejordan
Private
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black F13 Vert

Quote:
It is the fine line oak trim. The stereo crackle seems to have fixed itself. I got the windows done Saturday and it looks sweet!
Share the new photos mate
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
Congrats. This is the first i have seen with a different wood inlay. Is that the grey ash? It's hard for me to tell on the pic.

I think there were only two other cases of issues with the stereo that I have read. One a crackle and one more like interference. I think one was fixed with software and the other just stopped and never came back after taking to the dealer.
Nice job, great looking car! I started a thread called "snap, crackle, pop" regarding the static issue. What you are describing is precisly what I am experiencing. My dealer could not reproduce it. They contacted BMW tech support but no response. I continue to have the problem but very infrequently. The static continues after you turn off the radio and when you turn the volume dial or using the steering wheel buttons. It is annoying. I need to stop the car, shut it off and wait a few minutes before restarting and it usually remits. Let me know if you get anything out of your dealer. I check back with my dealer periodically. Otherwise, enjoy your great ride!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #17
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
Nice job, great looking car! I started a thread called "snap, crackle, pop" regarding the static issue. What you are describing is precisly what I am experiencing. My dealer could not reproduce it. They contacted BMW tech support but no response. I continue to have the problem but very infrequently. The static continues after you turn off the radio and when you turn the volume dial or using the steering wheel buttons. It is annoying. I need to stop the car, shut it off and wait a few minutes before restarting and it usually remits. Let me know if you get anything out of your dealer. I check back with my dealer periodically. Otherwise, enjoy your great ride!
That's right, I couldn't remember. Man I think you should keep pressuring them to replace the amp atleast.
      11-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #18
Rob@StrasseWheels
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G80 M3 Comp

Love it!

@Strasse_Robert | (786)701-3649 | Robert@StrasseWheels.com | www.StrasseWheels.com
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #19
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep

I got the crackle.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehands View Post
I just picked up my M6 coupe yesterday and have already heard the same / crackle form the speakers. Sounds like grit and sand hitting the car,,,

We should group together and get BMW investigate this fault and issue a fix notice.
I have no interest in taking it to a dealer and have then rip the car apart trying to find the cause. Bottom line; its a $110k + car and BMW solve this asap.

As so many of us have had this issue I'd bet it's most probably present in all M6 coupes...
Anyone with a vert have the same issue?

Also, maybe coincidence but I only noticed this after I started messing around getting bluetooth audio to work...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 08:04 PM   #20
UCFJWH
Enlisted Member
Rep

For the record, my crackling is gone.. hopefully for good. However, I do not have the B&O system and I am perfectly happy with the Bose system. I was rocking some great music today and I didn't feel like it could have been better!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #21
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:
For the record, my crackling is gone.. hopefully for good. However, I do not have the B&O system and I am perfectly happy with the Bose system. I was rocking some great music today and I didn't feel like it could have been better!
The problem is that it comes and goes.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2012, 06:36 PM   #22
Ormond
Rep
Drives: Audi A6

Drive your car in good health! I was at Fields in Daytona Beach today, and they had two in stock. I really like your colors. Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0