BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-12-2023, 08:47 AM   #1
cdog2964
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650i Xdrve

value sanity check

Alas, its time to say goodby to my 2014 650i Xdrive convert. It left me stranded, no fault of its own, rock punctured my power steering cooler, but as i sit in a hotel waiting for a part to arrive, ive come to the realization that this probably isnt the best car to be driving around the country.
So, KBB says its work $29-30k trade in which seems high to me. Anyone buy or sell a similar one lately and if so, what did you pay/get?
Thx
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:08 PM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

I'd say it's the best possible car to drive around the country! You don't say how many miles it has, which makes the biggest difference in value, but it looks super-clean. I tend to look at these for sale a lot just to sort of see what's happening, and I agree that KBB trade value is too high. Unless this has very low miles, these days I think you could buy the car retail for that price. I got instant online values for my car just for fun about a year ago or whenever the values were still high from CarMax, webuyanycar.com and Carvana and they offered me low $30s then for a car with about 50k miles in the same shape as yours. Since then they send me periodic emails as their offer goes down and now it's low $20s, although they assume I've driven it more than I have. Anyway, try those places and see what they offer - only takes a couple minutes online. Or survey 2014 asking prices on AutoTrader, etc. But there is no question there has been a steep decline in recent months.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2023, 06:47 PM   #3
cdog2964
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650i Xdrve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opie55 View Post
I'd say it's the best possible car to drive around the country! You don't say how many miles it has, which makes the biggest difference in value, but it looks super-clean. I tend to look at these for sale a lot just to sort of see what's happening, and I agree that KBB trade value is too high. Unless this has very low miles, these days I think you could buy the car retail for that price. I got instant online values for my car just for fun about a year ago or whenever the values were still high from CarMax, webuyanycar.com and Carvana and they offered me low $30s then for a car with about 50k miles in the same shape as yours. Since then they send me periodic emails as their offer goes down and now it's low $20s, although they assume I've driven it more than I have. Anyway, try those places and see what they offer - only takes a couple minutes online. Or survey 2014 asking prices on AutoTrader, etc. But there is no question there has been a steep decline in recent months.
Yep that would help. 44500.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2023, 06:30 PM   #4
Alpine650
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 650i xDrive Vert

I have a 2017 650i xDrive vert with 80K miles almost loaded, no Night Vision. The KBB Value is always higher than what you will actually get in Trade. In March I was offered $32,500 to trade in. A couple of weeks ago I was offered $27K, Used car prices have come down, at least on the trade in, not so much on the retail. Of course what you get on trade depends on how much wiggle room they have on what you're buying.
P.S. I had posted afew months ago how KBB was listing the 640 xDrive vert as the Highest Value. I had complained to them through email and a phone call. The 650i xDrive vert is listed as Highest Value again now.
Appreciate 0