BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-14-2024, 10:44 PM   #1
Motivology
'14 M6 GC Comp Owner
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GC Comp

Cool Back in the F06 series - ’14 M6 Gran Coupe Comp

Back in 2018/2019, I owned a ’15 BMW 640i xDrive Gran Coupe (1st picture attachment). When I owned this car, I said one day - I’ll own an M6 GC Comp.

That time has come as I picked up my new-to-me '14 BMW M6 Gran Coupe Comp yesterday. Almost identical car to my old one but a fully loaded M6 (except night vision) including CCB’s. Looking forward to add darker tint, windshield film, new wheels, and apple car play with new screen for starters. I am also looking forward to learning more about the M6 Comp.

-DK
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      03-15-2024, 10:57 PM   #2
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Welcome back and congrats on the well spec'd beauty!
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2024, 08:28 AM   #3
machareus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 F06 M6 CP, '21 Alpina XB7

How do you feel about the move from Moonstone to Silverstone?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:01 PM   #4
Motivology
'14 M6 GC Comp Owner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
Welcome back and congrats on the well spec'd beauty!
Thank you! It is one of the highest specs I’ve seen on the market - to my knowledge, the only thing it doesn’t have is Night Vision (who needs that?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by machareus View Post
How do you feel about the move from Moonstone to Silverstone?
I actually think it was Glacier Silver, not Moonstone. Frankly, I couldn’t tell the difference. I believe Moonstone is a bit more darker gray.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 12:53 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Moonstone is hard to describe/nail down because it’s one of those BMW colors that changes based on the type of ambient light & angle it’s being viewed. I’ve rarely seen a camera shot that really captures its depth & essence.

Like its namesake (the moon)…it can be silvery, blue’ish, beige/tan’ish, or white’ish…you can take a pic, and then if a cloud passes over, the color will be different if you take another snapshot.

Moonstone:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 01:44 PM   #6
Motivology
'14 M6 GC Comp Owner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
Moonstone is hard to describe/nail down because it’s one of those BMW colors that changes based on the type of ambient light & angle it’s being viewed. I’ve rarely seen a camera shot that really captures its depth & essence.

Like its namesake (the moon)…it can be silvery, blue’ish, beige/tan’ish, or white’ish…you can take a pic, and then if a cloud passes over, the color will be different if you take another snapshot.

Moonstone:
Gotcha. That’s interesting and it makes sense, I’ll have to look up what my old one was. I’m pretty sure it’s Glacier Silver because I recall that color name - but I could be wrong. I have never seen that beige hue when the sun hits it when I had it. I think it looked like that because it was a sunset photoshoot and the photographer went heavy on the sun effects. Here are another shots from the sunset shoot.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2024, 07:58 PM   #7
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post

Moonstone:
I'm not a big fan of silver/grey cars...so ordinary. But Moonstone is not silver, not brown, not blue, not beige, not chocolaty, not tan...it is ALL of those. Absolutely amazing color. It has to be seen in person to appreciate. It is the only silver car I would ever own! Love that color (colors as is the case with Moonstone)!
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2024, 12:34 PM   #8
machareus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '15 F06 M6 CP, '21 Alpina XB7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motivology View Post
Gotcha. That’s interesting and it makes sense, I’ll have to look up what my old one was. I’m pretty sure it’s Glacier Silver because I recall that color name - but I could be wrong. I have never seen that beige hue when the sun hits it when I had it. I think it looked like that because it was a sunset photoshoot and the photographer went heavy on the sun effects. Here are another shots from the sunset shoot.
Ah I see. The copper in your first picture made me think it was Moonstone but sunset shot makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2024, 02:27 PM   #9
Motivology
'14 M6 GC Comp Owner
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmw View Post
I'm not a big fan of silver/grey cars...so ordinary. But Moonstone is not silver, not brown, not blue, not beige, not chocolaty, not tan...it is ALL of those. Absolutely amazing color. It has to be seen in person to appreciate. It is the only silver car I would ever own! Love that color (colors as is the case with Moonstone)!
For sure, it is a very ordinary color. It just looks killer on the 6 series.

My ultimate color combo I want is the San Marino Blue with Ivory White interior. Which is obviously a unicorn. I am still on the hunt for that and will trade this one in - or sell it to get it. Has to be fully like this one is as well.

-DK

Quote:
Originally Posted by machareus View Post
Ah I see. The copper in your first picture made me think it was Moonstone but sunset shot makes sense.
Definitely, I can see why you’d think that.

-DK
Appreciate 0