BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

08-02-2023, 05:07 AM   #1
gtd068a
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 640i Convertible

Help - can't figure out the missing part - 2016 640i Convertible

I am a first-timer BMW owner and learning quickly that these cars are high maintenance. I have had the 2017 640i Convertible for only four months.

I got a check engine light yesterday and found the following code on the reader: P00BD $07e8. Some research suggested that this has to do with mass air flow sensor. This prompted me to open the hood and look around. I noticed that there is an opening where there should be some sort of a plug or a pipe connection. It looks like a stopper or something of that nature is missing. Please see the attached pictures. I have marked a circle around the opening.

I have looked all over the internet to figure out what the missing part could be, without any luck. Can someone please look at the attached pictures and let me know what is missing from that opening? I am assuming the error code and that missing part are related. If you own a Would love to get some insight into that hypothesis as well.

If you have a similar model car, perhaps you can take a look at your engine or post a picture so I can see the difference and possibly figure out what's missing.

Thank you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2023, 09:32 AM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Hopefully somebody with a 640 will post a pic of that spot for you. In the meantime you could look on RealOEM.com by the last 7 places of your VIN and look at the parts diagrams. Or maybe even better, find a YouTube video of somebody doing most any job on that car/engine and the camera will likely show that location.
Appreciate 0