BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-11-2014, 08:29 PM   #1
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

Did a few new MODS to the 650

Finally got my wheels powdercoated in Gloss Black. I love the way they turned out! I also did the mirrors, rear emblem and reflectors and diffusor in Gloss Black. Also added the painted front reflectors.

Sorry for the crappy phone pics!

Next, I am thinking of possibly painting the rear tail lights black and also the top rear brake light on the trunk? A part of me wants to keep them the way they are though, as I am afraid that black tails will look cheap. Some have told me to do it as it will go with the storm trooper look LOL. Does anyone have any P-shop skills here that can do a quicky to see what it would look like?

I am also possibly thinking of doing spacers to give it a more aggressive look, but am scared to get any handling or vibration issues.

Would appreciate any input!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 08:46 PM   #2
zoltans4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 650 coupe

looks amazing

I would paint to match the rear reflectors, the black out of place stripe pulls more attention than the orange.
The tails would look horrible unless you did a very good job and do more of a 'smoke' than blacking them
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...2&d=1241603542
that looks good

I have AW too, going to black my wheels out too, nice to see the other stuff you did so I can see what it looks like and put on my list of possibilities.

spacers of 10mm will be hubcentric and barely make any difference for the wheel. However, if you get vibrations simply take them off. Putting on spacers take like an hour with a jack... the look will be amazing, I am doing it to mine for sure (unless I get vibration or anything which Ive never had on any other bmw).

thanks for sharing your mods
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #3
wzj519
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 COMP PKG

Looks good so far, If I were you I would add some carbon fibre accent to car e.g install the BMW performance carbon fibre rear spoiler and side mirror caps. (Even mine is carbon black, but I have already purchased them).
Do not black out the rear taillights did you notice our taillights are already something blackish?
blackout taillights is good for 3 series but definitely not for our 6.
2017 M3 Comp PKG 2017 MINI JCW
991.2 GT3 (coming)
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoltans4 View Post
looks amazing

I would paint to match the rear reflectors, the black out of place stripe pulls more attention than the orange.
The tails would look horrible unless you did a very good job and do more of a 'smoke' than blacking them
http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...2&d=1241603542
that looks good

I have AW too, going to black my wheels out too, nice to see the other stuff you did so I can see what it looks like and put on my list of possibilities.

spacers of 10mm will be hubcentric and barely make any difference for the wheel. However, if you get vibrations simply take them off. Putting on spacers take like an hour with a jack... the look will be amazing, I am doing it to mine for sure (unless I get vibration or anything which Ive never had on any other bmw).

thanks for sharing your mods
Thanks! I think I'm going to leave the tails as is for now. I can always get them blacked out. Reference the rear reflectors, they didn't have white vinyl that matched alpine white so they just wrapped them in gloss black. I think it looks good though! I can also get them painted white in the future.

I'm considering getting spacers from a member on here, they are 12mm fronts and 20mm rears. It may be the next MOD on my list.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2014, 03:54 PM   #5
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzj519 View Post
Looks good so far, If I were you I would add some carbon fibre accent to car e.g install the BMW performance carbon fibre rear spoiler and side mirror caps. (Even mine is carbon black, but I have already purchased them).
Do not black out the rear taillights did you notice our taillights are already something blackish?
blackout taillights is good for 3 series but definitely not for our 6.
Thanks...I would add CF, but there's nothing CF on the car now so I feel like it would look out of place. The mirrors are already black too.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #6
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Don't black your tail lights out.

Why is it always the cars from Florida with tinted tail lights. Hey Florida the 90's called they want their tinted tail lights back.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 01:14 PM   #7
zoltans4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '14 650 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Don't black your tail lights out.

Why is it always the cars from Florida with tinted tail lights. Hey Florida the 90's called they want their tinted tail lights back.
I do have to say I am really not a fan of that and 'tinted' taillights really do remind me of every camaro driver in the 90's with those tinted plastic covers they put over the taillights to dark them out....
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #8
o0fawaz0o
Private
Rep
Drives: m3, f12

i like the normal rear bumper looks more than the m preformance rear bumper i just hate the plastic on it and the reflectors under the lights but its just my opinion but i think your car looks great

need to rip of the cheap plastic diffuser and add some vostiner carbon fiber diffuser it will be sickkkkk
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2014, 06:30 AM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

looks great!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 09:25 AM   #10
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0fawaz0o View Post
i like the normal rear bumper looks more than the m preformance rear bumper i just hate the plastic on it and the reflectors under the lights but its just my opinion but i think your car looks great

need to rip of the cheap plastic diffuser and add some vostiner carbon fiber diffuser it will be sickkkkk
Thank you sir. Have any links for Vorsteiner goodies for the F13?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #11
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
looks great!
Thank you, thank you I'm hooked on the storm trooper look.

Here's another shot I took that I think looks awesome.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0