BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #1
Lovegreatcars
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 convertible

I'd like to get feedback from M6 owners

First let me say thanks in advance for any info and input you all can give.

I have owned 5 M3's in my lifetime, coupes mostly, 1 convertible. I am considering trading my current M3 (2013 coupe, has about 1100 miles on it) in on a 2014 M6 convertible. Wife and I love the open air, like what the M line brings to the table (I do anyway).

Anyone have something to say for the M6? Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
duchozen
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 X6M / '13 M6 Conv.

i own a f12 m6; I have driven an e92 m3 before and if you're moving to the 6er from a 3er, the most significant difference is the mass of the vehicle. As much as it's more comfortable and luxurious in many ways, it does come at a cost of size and weight. In other words, you wouldn't be able to drive the way you used to in your m3. However, on a brighter note, power is massive. convenience (all the features) and the look + luxuriousness of the car is just fabulous. Soft top is another "classy" look, which I used to hate, but generally eliminates that sense of a "younger" look you'd usually get with the bmw coupes. yes, in other words it may make you look older haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
Lovegreatcars
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchozen View Post
i own a f12 m6; I have driven an e92 m3 before and if you're moving to the 6er from a 3er, the most significant difference is the mass of the vehicle. As much as it's more comfortable and luxurious in many ways, it does come at a cost of size and weight. In other words, you wouldn't be able to drive the way you used to in your m3. However, on a brighter note, power is massive. convenience (all the features) and the look + luxuriousness of the car is just fabulous. Soft top is another "classy" look, which I used to hate, but generally eliminates that sense of a "younger" look you'd usually get with the bmw coupes. yes, in other words it may make you look older haha.
Oh goodness! I don't need that!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #4
Jason yaco
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 convertible

Just coming from Porsche 911 which I loved to a m6 vert it is a great change and the wife loves the bmw. I like to be able to take more then 2 people and drop the top it is a fun time so far at 2200 miles. FYI people love the bmw a lot out there thumbs up all the time.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

wow.. 2013 M3, 1100 miles.. save the breed!