BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-30-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

IND Painted Badges

Guys,

I'm posting this, not to be malicious to IND or Trinity Autosport who supplied them, but to give honest feedback on these and my experience, so that others can make an informed choice as well as find out if anyone has had similar issues?

I purchased shadow chrome painted M6 badges from Trinity around four months ago. These have been painted in a way where they've masked the M-Flag and painted around it. I would have thought that they would have removed the M-Flag, painted and then replaced it but they haven't and this means that the paint is flaking off around it.

The surface area around the flag section is so small that it stands to reason that with weathering it's not going to last.

I sent photo's to Trinity who forwarded them to IND before coming back and saying "it's been four months so nothing we can do".

The paint on my car isn't flaking off after four months so I'm really disappointed that IND/trinity think that their paint job lasting only four months is acceptable.

Has anyone else had any issues?

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

You should contact IND directly. I've had a similar issue with my recently purchased painted reflectors. The tape was too old and dry and didn't come off correctly. It seems like there are varying quality in their painted products.

In the past I've had issues with painted reflector quality and IND corrected the issue after I contacted them.
      01-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #3
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Took your advice and as soon as Nate knew about it he’s arranged to send a replacement, no questions asked!

Fair play to them. Restores my faith in them 100%
Appreciate 3
      01-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
clomeli21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Convertible

That’s awesome. Any chance you can point me in the direction of the ones you got from IND? Thinking of grabbing them. I like the black around the M flag.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clomeli21 View Post
That’s awesome. Any chance you can point me in the direction of the ones you got from IND? Thinking of grabbing them. I like the black around the M flag.
Mine are in Shadow Chrome. But they do them in gloss and matte black as well.

Just go on INDs site and you'll find them listed. I bought them through Trinity Auto as the shipping price was better.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 05:11 PM   #6
IND-Distribution
BMW obsessed
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by clomeli21 View Post
Here's a quick link to what you're after: https://ind-distribution.com/product?sku=IND-F12M-TB

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any further questions, we'd be happy to help!