BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #1
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 M

Transfer Case replacement

Has anyone ever even heard of a transfer case needing to be replaced on a car less than 2 months old? How big of a repair is this?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
itinj6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Coupe

Wow, they are still breaking your balls???

How are they not giving you a new one yet is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 M

I threw a bit of a tantrum today. The guy handling it claims he has submitted it in for some sort of trade assist. At this point, I gave them the option of giving me a 2013, or just dealing with the reality that the second it is officially a lemon law claim they can write a check and my brand loyalty will rapidly transfer to another brand. Although, I am also thinking about starting a new thread about where not to buy a car. The dealer I bought it at will not even return my calls. Moral to story: do not buy cars out of state no matter how good the price is.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 12:05 AM   #4
itinj6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2238
I threw a bit of a tantrum today. The guy handling it claims he has submitted it in for some sort of trade assist. At this point, I gave them the option of giving me a 2013, or just dealing with the reality that the second it is officially a lemon law claim they can write a check and my brand loyalty will rapidly transfer to another brand. Although, I am also thinking about starting a new thread about where not to buy a car. The dealer I bought it at will not even return my calls. Moral to story: do not buy cars out of state no matter how good the price is.
Wow, I feel terrible for you.

Everything happens for a reason. Hopefully they give you a 2013 which is a better all around car. Just don't know what's taking them so long. Jerks!
Appreciate 0