BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #45
WyattHerb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i

World's best best drag race accompanied by the world's worst camera work...annoying. Helicopter, too!
      08-29-2013, 09:15 PM   #46
GQ_335xi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Not bad for the M6
      08-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #47
HighConcept
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F-Ten ///M

Surprisingly, the M6 was a lot faster than I had anticipated.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

In 2011 race Porsche Cayman R did it at 12.7 sec. and at 111 mph while the new Cayman S equipped with 7 speed DCT managed 12.7 again but slower trap speed at 109.7. So, virtually as fast but in real world was about to fall behind the R if they would be racing each other. It would also fall behind a 1M a second later because 1M also had a higher trap speed but was 0.1 sec. behind to 1/4 mile (or not who knows, different driver, tires etc....too little difference that 0.1, especially thinking that Cayman S was DCT with launch control).

I was expecting the GT-R and SLS fight for the first as it just happened but would bet for the Viper instead of Audi R8 for the third place. Also, not surprised that AMG wagon beats the M6, it can beat many other cars as well with that engine and 4wd.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 08-30-2013 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #49
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo88 View Post
The AMG is 4wd, it's impossible that an M6 can beat it on 1/4 mile.

I don't like the comment at the end of the review to be honest. It's right that the M6 has too much weight, but the light cars that begs to be pushed to the limits are the M2, M3 and M4.
They are completely misunderstanding the purpose of the M5 and M6 that are luxury cars, with a lot of horse powers and that can be driven fast, not really race oriented.
You can't compare them with an SLS AMG BS that is a limited edition of an super car(incredible looking car tbh), or the GTR that has a shitty interior and only good for drag racing at the traffic light.
The competitors fo those M cars are eventually the Bentley, the Aston Martin, or an Panamera, RS6/7, the E63 AMG and a CLS AMG.
And i think that agaist those cars an M6 car really shine, maybe it suffer in some aspect but it can be a fair match.

If you drive an SLS Black Series and then jump on a M6 it will seems an huge pile of poo to drive hahahaha
Right on spot!

AWD and RWD and FWD, 4 cyl, 8 cyl, 12 cyl, wo seats, four seats, five seats, trunk, almost no trunk, etc. A litle bit too much and inapropriate.
I will also add few factors that are important:
- driver
- tires
- temperature
- amount of gas in the tank

GTR is just a cart, with a very shity plastic, interior, design, etc. In fact Focus has a a better fit and finish than GTR. For a car with four seats, all the leather, gizmos, screens, sound system, all the luxury, etc. M6 is one of the best cars out there. And it did just fine. Period. Give the bimmer some room to go and the situation will be different.

Last edited by Teutonic; 08-29-2013 at 11:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #50
VANOS
NFS
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyare1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS
Why was there a Ford ST?! You can't compare a car like that to a line of supercars! -___--

I get it if it was a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, but a Focus ST? Nope!
It's not about speed, this competition is about the best drivers car and the Focus ST is a good drivers car it just lacks power but can corner at almost the same speeds.
I see what your saying but I mean of course the Nissan GT-R is a better drivers car or the Porsche Cayman compared to a Ford ST. It's like I could've told you that you know.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:21 PM   #51
VANOS
NFS
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southjersey128
Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS
Why was there a Ford ST?! You can't compare a car like that to a line of supercars! -___--

I get it if it was a Ford Mustang Shelby GT500, but a Focus ST? Nope!
It ran a 14.6, same as my auto 128i ran last year at Atco raceway. Totally doesn't belong.
Right!? I mean why not the Mustang Shelby GT500? That would've been much better to compare to than a stupid Ford ST :/
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #52
rev7400
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' 640i, 11' X3

Lol @ the guy who said the GTR is only good for drag racing.

Let's find a BMW that can lap a track faster than a GTR.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 12:38 AM   #53
Jai 302
Banned
Rep
Drives: F13 640i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev7400 View Post

Perhaps the BMW powered McLaren F1? Can Nissan even make an engine that good? Nissan probably pays Motortrend to not include faster cars. They include it in every single race because they say the GTR is updated every year but then again so is the MP4-12C which has over 600hp now, compared to the 590hp version from last year. Only the GTR's improvements allow it to qualify? Hypocrites much? What about the F12 Berlinetta? I bet they have an excuse for that too. I bet they won't even include the 911 turbo S next year because Nissan and Motortrend both know that it would make a meal out of the GTR. These drag races by Motortrend are about as legit as Nissan's lap times at the ring.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 01:06 AM   #54
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

M6 is a badass car... BADASS. Cars not a race car.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #55
barische
Rep
Drives: 2011 VW GTI

Should have named it "boat series 6"
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #56
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo88 View Post
The AMG is 4wd, it's impossible that an M6 can beat it on 1/4 mile.

I don't like the comment at the end of the review to be honest. It's right that the M6 has too much weight, but the light cars that begs to be pushed to the limits are the M2, M3 and M4.
They are completely misunderstanding the purpose of the M5 and M6 that are luxury cars, with a lot of horse powers and that can be driven fast, not really race oriented.
You can't compare them with an SLS AMG BS that is a limited edition of an super car(incredible looking car tbh), or the GTR that has a shitty interior and only good for drag racing at the traffic light.
The competitors fo those M cars are eventually the Bentley, the Aston Martin, or an Panamera, RS6/7, the E63 AMG and a CLS AMG.
And i think that agaist those cars an M6 car really shine, maybe it suffer in some aspect but it can be a fair match.

If you drive an SLS Black Series and then jump on a M6 it will seems an huge pile of poo to drive hahahaha
No way....///M has lost its focus long ago, ever since the M X5/X6
///M should have stayed ///M and let the big boats on the top of the model line up as their respective "Fast Luxury" models.

Those boats are by no means worthy of the ///M Badge.

Period.

The GTR is a very respectful vehicle, not that bad of an interior, it grows on you.
It is 100% of what its SUPPOSED to be UNLIKE the ///M-ehhh 6
Its a mean fighting spartan machine and it knows it, Nissan could have made it more luxurious and sell it in the USA as an Infinity but they even realized its purpose and left it as a Nissan and did away with the Infinity interiors.

Respect to "Datsun"

Last edited by GreekMaverick; 08-30-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #57
Leo88
Private First Class
Italy
Rep
Drives: E92 325d

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev7400 View Post

The GTR can't be compared to any of the BMW in the current line. You would need an M3 with the engine of the M6 to be a fair match in power and weight.

Have you ever been in a GT-R? Compared with a M6 it looks incredibly cheap looking and bad refined. They are two very very dfferent cars, i don't even talk about the M5 since it's a 4 door sedan vs 2 door coupe.

BMW slap the M badge in everything they want. Look at Mercedes, they did even the R-class AMG!
M has become the top end of BMW line, no matter of what it was 20-30 years ago.
      08-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #58
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

A lot of americans are mixing the cars even don't understanding their purpose: let's compare oranges with bananas with pears and apples and after that which is the most tasty? Grapes
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #59
KG3356MT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Xdrive M Sport

Really not impressed with the latest batch of M cars.
      08-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #60
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
The GTR is a very respectful vehicle, not that bad of an interior, it grows on you.
It is 100% of what its SUPPOSED to be UNLIKE the ///M-ehhh 6
Its a mean fighting spartan machine and it knows it, Nissan could have made it more luxurious and sell it in the USA as an Infinity but they even realized its purpose and left it as a Nissan and did away with the Infinity interiors.

Respect to "Datsun"
Respectful for you, for me is exaclty like a Kia; something I don't care about.
Grows on you? At that money? Do you buy a car by what people say, maybe it will grow on you? Maybe for free, I will accept it, but when I see that interior, I will buy a bimmer plus a Focus Rs.

Yeah, right, Infinity could, Infinity up, Infinity down, but they didnt. GTR is the most cheap vehicle I ever seen for the money. If they will put all the gizmos that are in the bimmer, I would like to see in which corner yourGTR will cry.
And if I want a cart to get rid of my kidney stones, I will buys something else for less money.

M6 is doing what it supposed to do: seat four people and their luggages, offering a luxury ambient, speed, safety, image, beauty, excellent engineering.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #61
Eddien123
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
Aventador would've won again. Wonder why is wasn't here.. Oh well great race anyways
If you actually watch the video on the competition, it explains how they choose the contenders: only new or significantly redesigned cars released over the prior 12 months are eligible. Aventador therefore does not qualify.
Roadster
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #62
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Respectful for you, for me is exaclty like a Kia; something I don't care about.
Grows on you? At that money? Do you buy a car by what people say, maybe it will grow on you? Maybe for free, I will accept it, but when I see that interior, I will buy a bimmer plus a Focus Rs.

Yeah, right, Infinity could, Infinity up, Infinity down, but they didnt. GTR is the most cheap vehicle I ever seen for the money. If they will put all the gizmos that are in the bimmer, I would like to see in which corner yourGTR will cry.
And if I want a cart to get rid of my kidney stones, I will buys something else for less money.

M6 is doing what it supposed to do: seat four people and their luggages, offering a luxury ambient, speed, safety, image, beauty, excellent engineering.

You lost me there......, You don't seem to be able to process what I wrote. You are way behind, maybe once you get traction you will catch up, sounds familiar?
      08-31-2013, 12:44 AM   #63
M3ZCP6MT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 381 ///M3

No Ferrari? And what's the Ford Focus doing there with the big boys, wrong league

/// M3 + 6MT + ZCP + ///MPE = A Healthy Addiction ///
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 04:36 AM   #64
VANOS
NFS
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3ZCP6MT View Post
No Ferrari? And what's the Ford Focus doing there with the big boys, wrong league
Straight up! They'll put a Ford ST, which is dumb because its not even in the same category! But no Ferrari -____--- Idiots...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #65
monkawekrue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25 X3 AW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
GTR is ridiculous just pulls like a freight train! Thought the M6 would have done a little better.
exactly my thoughts.
      09-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #66
bmwforme
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VANOS View Post
Straight up! They'll put a Ford ST, which is dumb because its not even in the same category! But no Ferrari -____--- Idiots...
Man, you've been ripping on the ST for like 2 pages straight..
The Ferrari was not there because I believe they said Ferrari would not give them a car. Each year, they use NEW FOR THAT YEAR cars that they feel are best DRIVERS cars.

Why no Aventador? It did not update this year, AND Lamborghini would not give them a car because of how poorly it did last year... (Their Words)

Not most expensive, not fastest, not most luxurious, the MOST DRIVER oriented cars. The Focus ST was able to hit corners with the same amount of speed as most of the cars in the group . Randy (MotorTrend Laguna Seca Driver) had a blast driving that Focus, unfortunately a lot more fun than he did in the M6. ///M...arketing really needs to do something. These tests disappointed me.. BMW needs to step it up.
Appreciate 0