BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-29-2014, 09:55 AM   #23
jvise
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Um...Well my car dyno'ed multiple times at 545-550 Wheel horsepower and was stock. Its Not a Comp Package Car. I also know many many people that dyno 530-560 wheel horsepower on a dynojet in stock form so looks like dinan didnt do much or needs adaptation time. The BMS tune regularly dynos out at 590-610 at the wheels
That's interesting. What octane gas were you using? Temp outside? Can you post the Dyno results? Would love to see them. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 10:07 AM   #24
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

You're right here's mine with only 1000 miles on tach and only charcoal filter delete stock car. Then added BMS same day no adaptation here are the results
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #25
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvise View Post
Here are the dyno's from a Maha dyno. One before the Dinan and one a few days after. Same temperature, gas etc. I was told the Maha dyno's were the most accurate, but numbers (which are crank hp) seem low. This is why I then drove over to a Dynojet. Either way, you can see a delta of 34hp from Dinan tune.
Here in the UK performance Torque can give us 40BHP and 80 ft/IIbs for £599:00
Thats a re-map.

Is it worth it?, you tell me.

No guarantee it can not be seen by BMW.
      08-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #26
jvise
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
You're right here's mine with only 1000 miles on tach and only charcoal filter delete stock car. Then added BMS same day no adaptation here are the results
very nice. . .what octane gas and temp outside?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #27
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Here in the UK performance Torque can give us 40BHP and 80 ft/IIbs for £599:00
Thats a re-map.

Is it worth it?, you tell me.

No guarantee it can not be seen by BMW.
BMW can see what ever they are looking for, this was a wake up call for them when they came out with the n54 model. I remember going to the dealer and taking with the shop Forman BMW is going crazy over all the unexpected tuning market that hit them hard.
Think, they had 7+ years to find ways to log in your DME on parameters that don't look right. What do you think they don't buy piggybacks and test them to see how to trace if its on your car or not? As I said before if they are looking they will find it.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 10:35 AM   #28
jvise
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
BMW can see what ever they are looking for, this was a wake up call for them when they came out with the n54 model. I remember going to the dealer and taking with the shop Forman BMW is going crazy over all the unexpected tuning market that hit them hard.
Think, they had 7+ years to find ways to log in your DME on parameters that don't look right. What do you think they don't buy piggybacks and test them to see how to trace if its on your car or not? As I said before if they are looking they will find it.
Great point. This was the main reason for going with the Dinan piggy back. I didn't want to chance having a warranty issue down the road.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 11:50 AM   #29
Tuskir
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Great point. This was the main reason for going with the Dinan piggy back. I didn't want to chance having a warranty issue down the road.
Dinan is no different than any other tuner and voids your warranty just the same. None of my local BMW dealers even install Dinan anymore.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 02:31 PM   #30
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskir View Post
Dinan is no different than any other tuner and voids your warranty just the same. None of my local BMW dealers even install Dinan anymore.
The way it works is, each dealership makes their own decision since they are independently owned.
Some BMW dealerships even sell and install BMS, Active Autowerke, etc..
But when a warranty issue comes about, Dinan has in stated that each product will be covered for a specific duration of time for example : 4 years/60,000 miles on new cars and 2 year unlimited mileage on cars outside of factory warranty.
No other aftermarket performance company offers a warranty to that extent on their product, that I know of.
The whole BMW/Dinan relationship is pretty legit. But again, depends on how that specific dealership wants to deal with the scenario.
No dealership can void a factory warranty just because an aftermarket item is installed. They have to prove the failure. Its a mandated law.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #31
jnkirk1974
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche Carrera 4 GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Dinan doesn't void your warranty. It's a parallel warranty with the factory warranty. If it's proven that the Dinan tune caused the car to fail, Dinan must foot the bill. Otherwise, BMW will service your car under warranty.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 04:35 PM   #32
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

In no way am I bashing your results but I just put my car on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno which produces ~13% lower numbers than a DynoJet and with BMS tune turned down to 0 my car put 637hp to the wheels (no additional boost). Your car made 658hp on a DynoJet (with a DINAN tune).

Final numbers were 614hp and 693ft pd and when corrected for DynoJet it showed 701hp.

I don't see that much gain on the DINAN and for the money it costs?? Sorry man don't mean to sound like a dick (hope I not coming off that way) but the DINAN tune is a measly increase.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 05:04 PM   #33
jvise
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
In no way am I bashing your results but I just put my car on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno which produces ~13% lower numbers than a DynoJet and with BMS tune turned down to 0 my car put 637hp to the wheels (no additional boost). Your car made 658hp on a DynoJet (with a DINAN tune).

Final numbers were 614hp and 693ft pd and when corrected for DynoJet it showed 701hp.

I don't see that much gain on the DINAN and for the money it costs?? Sorry man don't mean to sound like a dick (hope I not coming off that way) but the DINAN tune is a measly increase.

Brian
Brian, no worries, i appreciate any feedback. i agree the Dinan tune is overpriced and probably more conservative than other brands. i was basically paying extra for the warranty piece of mind. results are probably more conservative so that they can maintain factory warranty.

Your numbers seem good though. care to share the dyno charts? what was temp and fuel octane (big factors, as i was running 91 crappy summer blend arizona gas and 90+ degrees temp outside).
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #34
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Brian, no worries, i appreciate any feedback. i agree the Dinan tune is overpriced and probably more conservative than other brands. i was basically paying extra for the warranty piece of mind. results are probably more conservative so that they can maintain factory warranty.

Your numbers seem good though. care to share the dyno charts? what was temp and fuel octane (big factors, as i was running 91 crappy summer blend arizona gas and 90+ degrees temp outside).
It was 81 degrees and 10 gallons 91 octane and 5 gallons 116 octane. I am not sure if the higher octane helps a ton when the boost is set to a moderate/conservative level but I know it's referred to as "insurance" when you crank up the boost the the higher levels (especially since we cannot control fuel/spark with these tunes).

Here is the post which includes charts... http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1029450

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #35
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Stock 2014 BMW M6 on 91 octane (non - comp package) on Mustang Dyno which reads much lower than dynojet

Last edited by LSM; 09-02-2014 at 02:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 09:50 PM   #36
Tuskir
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974 View Post
Dinan doesn't void your warranty. It's a parallel warranty with the factory warranty. If it's proven that the Dinan tune caused the car to fail, Dinan must foot the bill. Otherwise, BMW will service your car under warranty.
Dinan 100% voids BMW warranty. What they offer is their own warranty that matches BMW warranty that is now voided. How good this Dinan warranty is, is certainly up for debate.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2014, 10:30 PM   #37
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dinan 100% voids BMW warranty. What they offer is their own warranty that matches BMW warranty that is now voided. How good this Dinan warranty is, is certainly up for debate.
^^ correct.

Brian
Appreciate 0