BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

Closed Thread

02-14-2017, 02:31 PM   #1
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 650i MSport CP

Angry Purchased Meisterschaft GTC Exhaust from member WhiteWalker - received it defective

I purchased this GTC Exhaust from this seller/member:

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...7#post21274077

I received an exhaust that was not as described. First of all the wire was spliced on one of the exhausts, but more importantly, the EV assemblies on each exhaust was non-functioning as was discovered by a very well known shop.

The seller is refusing to honor the credit to get the EV to working condition. I need to purchased 2 valve assemblies from GTHaus and the seller is not willing to cover that cost.

I will be taking the seller to court, as he was first willing to cover the cost to get it repaired, and now is not. :

Just wanted to get the word out on this forum incase someone is thinking of doing business with him.
Appreciate 1
      02-14-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Wow, that's s*cks a big one. I remember seeing this add also. How much would 2 new valve assemblies cost from GTHaus? Any chance they can just fix it instead? It sounds like he knew the EV's had issues, hence the 'new' remotes, etc. He probably bought those in hopes it would fix the problem and then just ditched the exhaust. People should just be open about everything since we're (at least most of us) are enthusiasts and don't have unlimited funds.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #3
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
Wow, that's s*cks a big one. I remember seeing this add also. How much would 2 new valve assemblies cost from GTHaus? Any chance they can just fix it instead? It sounds like he knew the EV's had issues, hence the 'new' remotes, etc. He probably bought those in hopes it would fix the problem and then just ditched the exhaust. People should just be open about everything since we're (at least most of us) are enthusiasts and don't have unlimited funds.
I agree, it does suck since it will cost $803.48 for both valves with labor to get it to advertised working condition.

I've wasted so much of my time on this already since October.

I had PayPal step in and they unfortunately closed the dispute in his favor since I didn't send it back.

We both agreed that I would repair and keep the system, however I couldn't send it back since then he would tell PayPal that it was received in a condition other than what he sent to me (I painted the tips black).

There is no chance that they can be repaired, they are rusted internally beyond repair and need to be replaced with new parts.

The seller stated that I should of tested the valves myself before having a shop install them on the car to make sure they worked first. Really??
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 03:55 PM   #4
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

I would've done the same thing, like painted the tips, etc. and do the install before checking the valves. I don't think anyone would buy an exhaust and play with the valves manually. Damn, $800+ plus the initial cost and you're at retail prices. Sorry man. Well, I bought a set of used forged wheels years ago and after the install found out the 2 fronts had bent barrels which were not repairable, causing the wheels to shake. I couldn't resell them and handed the problem to someone else who would've noticed it immediately. I ended up buying 2 new fronts so overall, I spent the same, if not more, as I would've if I bought a new set. Lesson learn.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 04:25 PM   #5
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinh View Post
I would've done the same thing, like painted the tips, etc. and do the install before checking the valves. I don't think anyone would buy an exhaust and play with the valves manually. Damn, $800+ plus the initial cost and you're at retail prices. Sorry man. Well, I bought a set of used forged wheels years ago and after the install found out the 2 fronts had bent barrels which were not repairable, causing the wheels to shake. I couldn't resell them and handed the problem to someone else who would've noticed it immediately. I ended up buying 2 new fronts so overall, I spent the same, if not more, as I would've if I bought a new set. Lesson learn.
Yeah I hear you. I may have learned a lesson, but he will be learning the biggest lesson. I just can't believe this guy is acting like this.

If I was in his shoes, I would have just covered the cost of the new parts as its the right thing to do and be done with it.

Unfortunately he is not cooperative and so I will probably have to spend more of my time, and considerably much more money to take him to court.

Out of principle I will spend thousands more to prove a point to him. He chose the wrong person to mess with.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 09:20 PM   #6
dentaltech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack G. View Post
Yeah I hear you. I may have learned a lesson, but he will be learning the biggest lesson. I just can't believe this guy is acting like this.

If I was in his shoes, I would have just covered the cost of the new parts as its the right thing to do and be done with it.

Unfortunately he is not cooperative and so I will probably have to spend more of my time, and considerably much more money to take him to court.

Out of principle I will spend thousands more to prove a point to him. He chose the wrong person to mess with.
Caveat emptor

Unfortunately unless it specifically talked about every item of the exhaust and specifically mentioning the defective part as working you will not prevail.

Its your word against his and he sold it as is I would imagine.

I know that you want satisfaction and I totally get it but please consider the stomach lining you have already wasted on this.
Now I don't know you and I am sure you are not a person to lie down and just take it and that is most certainly not what I am advocating.

Life is too short, even if you win you lose. Smile and remember you have a M6 go and enjoy it and stop focusing on negative crap, you will most definitely live a cleaner life by not looking for ways to get even rather than moving forward and smiling more. Wish you the best.

Stepping down from the soap box now.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 11:42 PM   #7
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaltech View Post
Caveat emptor

Unfortunately unless it specifically talked about every item of the exhaust and specifically mentioning the defective part as working you will not prevail.

I know that you want satisfaction and I totally get it but please consider the stomach lining you have already wasted on this.
Now I don't know you and I am sure you are not a person to lie down and just take it and that is most certainly not what I am advocating.

Life is too short, even if you win you lose. Smile and remember you have a M6 go and enjoy it and stop focusing on negative crap, you will most definitely live a cleaner life by not looking for ways to get even rather than moving forward and smiling more. Wish you the best.

Thank you brother, but I don't have an M6...just a measly 650!

Yes life is too short, but I am not going to let him get away with this. Like I mentioned, he picked the wrong person to do this to and he will learn from this big time.

I will spend thousands more on legal but to me that will be worth it and I will gladly spend more time and money and will make sure that he will waste just as much of his time since he isn't willing to do the right thing. His reputation will also be significantly tarnished.

I have text messaging proof that he was willing to refund me the $803.48 but is now not wanting to because PayPal closed the case in his favor. PayPal only did that because I didn't send the exhaust back to him (I had the tips painted black before I installed the Meisterschaft).

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone on this forum know about this guys true character. If he doesn't learn from being sued, he will surely learn from Karma.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:35 AM   #8
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 Jahre G80 M3

Quote:
Thank you brother, but I don't have an M6...just a measly 650!

Yes life is too short, but I am not going to let him get away with this. Like I mentioned, he picked the wrong person to do this to and he will learn from this big time.

I will spend thousands more on legal but to me that will be worth it and I will gladly spend more time and money and will make sure that he will waste just as much of his time since he isn't willing to do the right thing. His reputation will also be significantly tarnished.

I have text messaging proof that he was willing to refund me the $803.48 but is now not wanting to because PayPal closed the case in his favor. PayPal only did that because I didn't send the exhaust back to him (I had the tips painted black before I installed the Meisterschaft).

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone on this forum know about this guys true character. If he doesn't learn from being sued, he will surely learn from Karma.

Have a reputable shop/tuner shop check the valves. One of my valves was stuck and would just click when trying to open/close. My shop opened the valve, lubed them up, reassembled and they are good as new now. Cost me $100 in labor.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 08:56 AM   #9
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaltech View Post
Caveat emptor

This isn't true at all. If the exhaust was advertised as in working condition, and it wasn't, then he will prevail.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 09:49 AM   #10
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650I

Sounds kind of expensive. I had one of my motor go out and bought a replacement. Refer to link below for parts.
http://shop.quicktimeperformance.com...duct_list&c=11
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #11
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurohorses View Post
Have a reputable shop/tuner shop check the valves. One of my valves was stuck and would just click when trying to open/close. My shop opened the valve, lubed them up, reassembled and they are good as new now. Cost me $100 in labor.
I am glad to hear that worked for you, however I didn't have the same luck.

I brought it to a very reputable shop in South FL, arguably they are the best.

They are the ones that discovered this upon installation, they said they are not repairable.

There is also a "clicking" noise when attempting to open/close via the remote, however they are rusted and heavily corroded inside.

I have the estimate from the shop and they explained on there what they discovered.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:15 AM   #12
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
This isn't true at all. If the exhaust was advertised as in working condition, and it wasn't, then he will prevail.
Yes, I should have won the PayPal dispute, but you know how PayPal is.

The only reason why I didn't win the dispute with them is because I didn't send the exhaust back to the seller, since I wanted to keep it and get it repaired.

Even if I sent it back to the seller, the tips were already painted black.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:17 AM   #13
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaio23 View Post
Sounds kind of expensive. I had one of my motor go out and bought a replacement. Refer to link below for parts.
http://shop.quicktimeperformance.com...duct_list&c=11
Thank you, however the seller needs to cover the original parts from GTHAUS, I am not looking to cut corners since I need to get what I paid for.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:31 AM   #14
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thank you, however the seller needs to cover the original parts from GTHAUS, I am not looking to cut corners since I need to get what I paid for.
The motor and various pieces for the valves are most likely outsourced from similar companies. I doubt GTHUAS makes their own motor assembly. It would be cost prohibitive since these valve/butterfly assemblies are so common now. I could be wrong thoough
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #15
vaio23
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650I

Quote:
The motor and various pieces for the valves are most likely outsourced from similar companies. I doubt GTHUAS makes their own motor assembly. It would be cost prohibitive since these valve/butterfly assemblies are so common now. I could be wrong thoough
The motors/valves on my GT haus is from the company in the link. WHen my motor went out I saw that QTP was written on the flange and that is how I found replacement.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 01:13 PM   #16
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That may be the case, however I prefer going through GTHAUS as they are fully aware of the situation already.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 02:36 PM   #17
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That may be the case, however I prefer going through GTHAUS as they are fully aware of the situation already.
I get your frustration but I honestly feel that you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. If the parts are direct replacement, why not just replace them. It will cost you under $150 VS $800 from GTHAUS. Maybe the seller will be more willing to reimburse you since the cost is a fifth of what GTHAUS quoted you. The end goal here should be getting the exhaust fully functional..... Not burning your time and money to prove a point. These things happen when purchasing second hand items. If money isn't an issue to you, i would purchase all future items new to avoid these scenarios. I hope you don't take my input the wrong way. I just want your exhaust to work lol
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #18
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I get your frustration but I honestly feel that you're making this more complicated than it needs to be. If the parts are direct replacement, why not just replace them. It will cost you under $150 VS $800 from GTHAUS. Maybe the seller will be more willing to reimburse you since the cost is a fifth of what GTHAUS quoted you. The end goal here should be getting the exhaust fully functional..... Not burning your time and money to prove a point. These things happen when purchasing second hand items. If money isn't an issue to you, i would purchase all future items new to avoid these scenarios. I hope you don't take my input the wrong way. I just want your exhaust to work lol
I in no way take your input the wrong way. I appreciate your input and suggestions on an amicable resolution with the seller.

The end goal is in fact to make the Meisterschaft GTC EV's function correctly.

I don't see where it will cost under $150 for both full valve assemblies since I have to pay the shop for labor as well.

I was going through GTHAUS because they are fully aware of the situation.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 07:58 AM   #19
Eurohorses
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I in no way take your input the wrong way. I appreciate your input and suggestions on an amicable resolution with the seller.

The end goal is in fact to make the Meisterschaft GTC EV's function correctly.

I don't see where it will cost under $150 for both full valve assemblies since I have to pay the shop for labor as well.

I was going through GTHAUS because they are fully aware of the situation.
All you need are 2 new Motor kits. They are $62 each, plus shipping. See link below:

http://shop.quicktimeperformance.com...ct_detail&p=55
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 08:25 AM   #20
Zack G.
Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
All you need are 2 new Motor kits. They are $62 each, plus shipping. See link below:

http://shop.quicktimeperformance.com...ct_detail&p=55
This looks a little different than the current ones on the exhaust, atleast the finish does.

I do not see that this motor kit includes the inside valve assembly as well as the circular round flap thats inside the exhaust tip.

I am still going to be taking the seller to court since I have all the evidence.

Last edited by Zack G.; 02-17-2017 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread