BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-23-2014, 01:43 PM   #1
jmr986
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535ix Alpine White

'07 M6 What should I look for?

Was out shopping for a daily driver when in the showroom was a beautiful AW M6 w/red interior. Only 20,777 miles. Said doctor sold it to buy a Ferrari, or maybe owned by a little old lady who drove it to church on Sunday. Don't remember. Was thinking of selling my summer toy and replacing it with this bad boy. Clean carfax. Maintenance and other potential issues are a concern. Probably will be a daily driver most nice days in the summer. What should I look out for? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 03:23 PM   #2
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmr986
Was out shopping for a daily driver when in the showroom was a beautiful AW M6 w/red interior. Only 20,777 miles. Said doctor sold it to buy a Ferrari, or maybe owned by a little old lady who drove it to church on Sunday. Don't remember. Was thinking of selling my summer toy and replacing it with this bad boy. Clean carfax. Maintenance and other potential issues are a concern. Probably will be a daily driver most nice days in the summer. What should I look out for? Thanks.
20,000 miles is next to nothing on an '07. I owned my '08 from 0-80,000+ miles. I loved every second I spent with that car but from a financial standpoint it was a nightmare once the warranty was up. I had a slew of issues pop up once the warranty was up, alternator, oil cooler, air compressor, engine fan, O2 sensor etc. This was a car that was driven long commutes Monday through Friday but it was pampered and well taken care of. There was also an issue with the leather on the dashboard warping from sun damage (I had extended leather) which was strange to me considering my car was garaged 80% of the time. Regardless I really enjoyed the car. It is my favorite M car of all time and my experience may have been an isolated one. I'd still recommend taking a good look at the vehicle's service and repair history as you wouldn't want to have one of these out of warranty if it's known to have problems crop up. Also the S85 V10s with high mileage (usually around 100,000 miles) have been known to fail due to a design flaw pertaining to the rod bearings, so it would be good to have the engine checked out by an experienced mechanic regardless of the low mileage. Good luck with this beast. If it turns out to be a healthy one you'll thoroughly enjoy her.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 08:08 PM   #3
Low Country Larry
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Deep Blue/Cinn Brown

Okay, not quite what you said, but think about it! Just traded my '07 650 6-speed, with 50,000 mi., but 100% records, 100% clean carfax, red lester, silver exterior and silver conv top, radar, custom patented dual upholder (the only one in the U.S.), fresh tires (<1,000 mi.), the incredible radar cruise control (NOT offered on the new M cars), and a host of remarkable goodies. I traded it to Germain BMW in Naples, my guy is Mark Ciacco, go for it. The dealership is great. They've got the car as a CPO. You get ALL the records I kept. I maintained it to Bimmer specs. Plus ZERO dings or dents or scratches.
Appreciate 0