BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #23
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
I don't find visibility out of the rear window a problem. It is quite narrow, but there is now centre head rest so it's not as restrictive as you might think. Of course you can't see well when reversing, but that's what the PDC and cameras are for.

Probably my biggest complaint is that the curvature of the rear glass makes everything look a bit squashed horizontally so things look narrower than they are. Convex wing mirrors are the same, not a big issue, just different.

Due to the angle of the window it's important to keep it clean inside, which is not as easy as it might sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 06:34 PM   #24
Low Country Larry
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 650i Deep Blue/Cinn Brown

You can have Adaptive High Beam Assist enabled for M6

Hi everyone, been reading the posts, I don't want to violate commercial rules re this site, so help me out. I have a guy who coded my 2014 M6 so that the switch actually does activate the Adaptive High Beam Assist (in the U.S.), for which the car has been hard-wired. It's truly as awesome as shown in the video. Would someone who's been on the site for a period of time, and who knows what I can say without getting into trouble, please let me know if I can give out this person's email etc. Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #25
VintageFerrari
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E39 S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridamarco View Post
Hi everyone, been reading the posts, I don't want to violate commercial rules re this site, so help me out. I have a guy who coded my 2014 M6 so that the switch actually does activate the Adaptive High Beam Assist (in the U.S.), for which the car has been hard-wired. It's truly as awesome as shown in the video. Would someone who's been on the site for a period of time, and who knows what I can say without getting into trouble, please let me know if I can give out this person's email etc. Many thanks.
Are you speaking about Rich? (bmwmeets@gmail.com)
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 10:46 AM   #26
Hargreaves
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Hiya. Just trying to work out if I can have this coded on my UK car.

One question for FloridaMarco - do you have Driver Assistance Package w/Lane Departure) on your car? The reason I ask is that the UK spec is different and I am trying to work out if the car has all the right hardware on it by default to make this work or if there was an 'option' that I should have added when I ordered!

Either way there are some coding changes that I want to make so I might just give it a go!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 02:16 PM   #27
Low Country Larry
Captain
Rep

Yes, you need Driver Ass't Pckg w/Lane Departure

Just had it done, remotely
Very reasonable price
eMail: CodeMyCar@gmail
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2014, 02:18 PM   #28
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
And this is the full Active High Beam Assist that creates the tunnel in the high beam not just automatically turning the main beam on and off?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:09 PM   #29
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Just thought I'd check.. has ADAPTIVE High Beam technology now made it to the 2014 model?

I remember when they first started introducing Xenons, I used to get flashed all the time
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #30
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUK
Just thought I'd check.. has ADAPTIVE High Beam technology now made it to the 2014 model?

I remember when they first started introducing Xenons, I used to get flashed all the time
You mean 2015 model year Matt. I'll let you know when I pick mine up in a few days.

So far we haven't had a confirmation that it can be coded in, there is a lot of confusion with our US friends between the automatic high/low beam function (standard in UK/Europe but for some reason isn't available in the US) and the full adaptive light tunnel type function shown in the video. I have doubts that this is available on the M6.

I hope to be proved wrong as it looks really cool.
      05-28-2014, 02:44 PM   #31
MattUK
Captain Unsensible
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 M240i Coupe - Estoril

Garage List
2016 BMW M240i  [0.00]
Thanks dnw
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:59 AM   #32
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardP View Post
And this is the full Active High Beam Assist that creates the tunnel in the high beam not just automatically turning the main beam on and off?
I think thats middle of 2014 on.
It is on my Order for September 2014
      05-29-2014, 04:11 AM   #33
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Yes i'd expect the M6 LCI to get them which is I believe September this year as John says.

with regards to the OP I have LEDs on my M5 and I've not had anyone flash or complain about them. I also have the Adaptive auto high beam and to start with I thought it was a total waste of money as I lived in the city but since moving to Surrey they are definitely useful and again don't seem to cause any issues with other drivers. I'd never spec a car without LEDs now. My old M3 and the M135i don't have them and at night its really noticeable how much better the LEDs are.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 06:11 AM   #34
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
Yes i'd expect the M6 LCI to get them which is I believe September this year as John says.

with regards to the OP I have LEDs on my M5 and I've not had anyone flash or complain about them. I also have the Adaptive auto high beam and to start with I thought it was a total waste of money as I lived in the city but since moving to Surrey they are definitely useful and again don't seem to cause any issues with other drivers. I'd never spec a car without LEDs now. My old M3 and the M135i don't have them and at night its really noticeable how much better the LEDs are.
Side note: what differences have you noticed Neil on the CP model as I have now ordered the M6 with CP, thanks J
      05-29-2014, 07:12 AM   #35
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Right the NEW (to M6 anyway) High Beem Assist will be on cars from build week 27 which is 30th June/7th July.
My M6 GC CP is being built week 29 so will have it.
The other changes are : M buttons will have written on them 1 set, 2 set, not a great change.
and the HUD will have a demo mode for showroom customers, again what the Feck for?.
PS) I gram reduction in CO2 from the engines!!!!!, what that means I don't know.
      05-29-2014, 08:09 AM   #36
Hargreaves
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Hi all, sorry I've been travelling a lot and as such not had the car re-programmed yet to see if this works for our earlier models. I hope to sort this out in the next few weeks if the travel starts to slow down! As for 1 SET and 2 SET - what is that all about!!! Love pressing the 'M' button!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 08:12 AM   #37
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hargreaves View Post
Hi all, sorry I've been travelling a lot and as such not had the car re-programmed yet to see if this works for our earlier models. I hope to sort this out in the next few weeks if the travel starts to slow down! As for 1 SET and 2 SET - what is that all about!!! Love pressing the 'M' button!
IMO you will NOT be able to program this "HBA" system, if you could it would not be part of the UPGRADE.
The Set1 and SET2 is bull to me, don't see what they are going.
      05-29-2014, 08:25 AM   #38
Hargreaves
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

I tend to agree on the HBA but we will see. I am also having a few other options turned on with the reprogram such as Indicators in the HUD, Override on Camera speed limit, Rear lights on with DRL and so on. Of course the whole car may 'blue screen' on me but hey ho!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:40 PM   #39
Low Country Larry
Captain
Rep

Yes, you can have adaptive high beam assist -- here's how

Hey, I was able to get it -- just like the video -- by a fellow who modified the software. I'm sure everyone "has a guy," but if you don't, he's at "codemycar" at gmail. Very reasonable (and of course he did a lot of other cool things for me, like turn signals in the HUD, radio/nav turn off when you open the door, rear lights as DRLs, etc.). The adaptive high beam assist function is actually built into the car, but not activated ... could well be that one of the posters here is correct, not allowed by gov't. But it's tres cool, and works just like in the video. My experience is that it actually turns off just a bit before I would, and it turns on just a bit after I would, and I've never been head lighted by another driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
That video is very annoying …..mainly because us M6 owners (driving BMW's most expensive car) don't get some of the great technology thats available further down the range. That video is specifically demonstrating adaptive high beam assist (note…not adaptive lights, because adaptive high beam is a different thing). It's a feature only available on 3 and 5 series - it's an utter farce that they don't fit it to the 6. Yep, they've fitted it to the 3 (despite not needing an LCI facelift to do so), have fitted to the LCI 5 but nothing on the 6. Adaptive LED's on the 6 only get the basic on and off function I'm not bitter about it….no, not at all

It's much the same with iDrive touch….I've just bought an M135i for the missus which has this feature, but it's nowhere to be seen on my 2014 M6. Outrageous.

As for the brightness of our (basic ) lights, I've never been flashed yet and I even asked the dealer to set my dipped beam to the highest legal limit, as I tend to find dipped beams set too low from the factory. The lights themselves are great, until I see them automatically dip in their rudimentary on-off manner…so annoying when I know how good they could have been
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 02:44 PM   #40
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hey, I was able to get it -- just like the video -- by a fellow who modified the software. I'm sure everyone "has a guy," but if you don't, he's at "codemycar" at gmail. Very reasonable (and of course he did a lot of other cool things for me, like turn signals in the HUD, radio/nav turn off when you open the door, rear lights as DRLs, etc.). The adaptive high beam assist function is actually built into the car, but not activated ... could well be that one of the posters here is correct, not allowed by gov't. But it's tres cool, and works just like in the video. My experience is that it actually turns off just a bit before I would, and it turns on just a bit after I would, and I've never been head lighted by another driver.
Just when did you get this then?.
As my understanding is "it's more than a software change"?.
      05-30-2014, 02:07 AM   #41
dnw
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 / 2014 520d MS

...and are any other options other than LED lights a prerequisite?

Will def get this done if possible.
      05-30-2014, 06:17 AM   #42
Low Country Larry
Captain
Rep

I had it done in Februray, just after I bought my car. As for "options," no, you can buy whatever coding you want, one price. The cost of doing it (i.e. the reason for "one price") is buying the OBDII cable, downloading the software, having the guy on the phone with you while he remotely controls your computer and goes through the code on your car. (So, yes, he can do it in London. He lives in New York.) No hardware changes needed for the F12/13 to get the adaptive high beam assist function, as I said earlier it's all already built into the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
Just when did you get this then?.
As my understanding is "it's more than a software change"?.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 12:19 PM   #43
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I had it done in Februray, just after I bought my car. As for "options," no, you can buy whatever coding you want, one price. The cost of doing it (i.e. the reason for "one price") is buying the OBDII cable, downloading the software, having the guy on the phone with you while he remotely controls your computer and goes through the code on your car. (So, yes, he can do it in London. He lives in New York.) No hardware changes needed for the F12/13 to get the adaptive high beam assist function, as I said earlier it's all already built into the car.
Well thats new to me, well done, everyone will want it now.