BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-22-2018, 12:40 PM   #1
352M6GranCoupe
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 GranCoupe

Garage List
Extended Warranty Questions

I know there is a lot of info all over on this particular topic. I have read a bunch of info over on the m5 board as they seem to have more information on this topic...I feel like I have more questions then when I started looking!

I recently purchased a 2014 M6 Grancoupe that currently has roughly 20,500 miles. It has factory warranty until October of this year.

I looked into BMW extended warranties but the most my dealership was willing to offer was a 3 year extended at some outrageous number...

I am looking for at least a 5 year plan

From what I gather the better companies to work with are USAA, CNA National Car warranty, Zurich, AUL, and Fidelity...

The issue with USAA is that I have no ties to the military and do not qualify to purchase one because of that

I dont mind paying a fair amount now, I just dont want any surprises when something happens- so if you have any experience with an extended warranty with our cars please let me know what and which plan you would suggest. Thank you in advance!
      03-22-2018, 08:51 PM   #2
352M6GranCoupe
Rep

Garage List
Anyone with an extended warranty??
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

I’ve been trying for the past few months. I was offered Zurich at local bmw dealer but it wasn’t much cheaper, high ~4K and official BMW extended which was like 6-7k. CNA wouldn’t cover an M6 is what they told me. Carchex was high 7k as well, rather go official bmw at that point. “Autopom” answered right away, and gave me a price right around ~3700 for the top end exclusionary coverage which was perfect and I was ready to do everything but I recently heard some mixed reviews about their quality of coverage. I’m going to have them send me the contract and have my lawyer look it over. If there’s loopholes for them to get out of repairs more often than not I might just risk no warranty since I’m tired of calling around.

The thing is, some people get covered while others don’t under the same brand. I’m not sure what the variables are other then warranty representative being spoken to and the resident state.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 07:17 AM   #4
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

You want the holy grail, great coverage at a cheap price. Simply doesn't exist. Warranty coverage is simply gambling. The real question is pay $6-7k now with the goiod chance that you will never have that much in repair, or don't get coverage and be the 20% that far exceeds that amount in payments.

I had a 2004 Audi that had 1 owner, 35k miles, had $17000 in repairs in 1.5 years, all but $1000 paid by warranty company.

My 2013 M6 is covered by a two year 25k warranty from BMW (platinum). Paid $5200. So far it covered a valve cover gasket, an air mass sensor and a broken seat wire. At dealer M prices, I am sure I have hit $5k.

I tried mercury based on good review for my wife's cayenne. They took 4 days to decide and then denied my first claim as a pre-existing condition. Probably true, but I didn't like the way they handled the matter so I cancelled. That car is bare, and has had $1500 in repair since (but its not a daily driver).

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 10:00 AM   #5
Kkgy79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 m5

I have warranty groupe 5years 60k mile add up on odometer for 4k. Just $100 deductible per visit. Very fast feels like same as bmw warranty.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 10:42 AM   #6
352M6GranCoupe
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastatikle View Post
I’ve been trying for the past few months. I was offered Zurich at local bmw dealer but it wasn’t much cheaper, high ~4K and official BMW extended which was like 6-7k. CNA wouldn’t cover an M6 is what they told me. Carchex was high 7k as well, rather go official bmw at that point. “Autopom” answered right away, and gave me a price right around ~3700 for the top end exclusionary coverage which was perfect and I was ready to do everything but I recently heard some mixed reviews about their quality of coverage. I’m going to have them send me the contract and have my lawyer look it over. If there’s loopholes for them to get out of repairs more often than not I might just risk no warranty since I’m tired of calling around.

The thing is, some people get covered while others don’t under the same brand. I’m not sure what the variables are other then warranty representative being spoken to and the resident state.

I also was told CNA does not cover the M6 because of the turbo.

I don’t mind spending up to 6k for a quality warranty, Zurich had some great options at a much cheaper rate then what my local bmw dealer quoted me... any one have any experience with them?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 10:43 AM   #7
352M6GranCoupe
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kkgy79 View Post
I have warranty groupe 5years 60k mile add up on odometer for 4k. Just $100 deductible per visit. Very fast feels like same as bmw warranty.
Warranty group... haven’t heard much on them...I will look into them
Appreciate 1
bemami54.50
      03-23-2018, 10:57 AM   #8
mastatikle
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 352M6GranCoupe View Post
I also was told CNA does not cover the M6 because of the turbo.

I don’t mind spending up to 6k for a quality warranty, Zurich had some great options at a much cheaper rate then what my local bmw dealer quoted me... any one have any experience with them?
Here's the thing, there's a guy on here's who has coverage by CNA for his M6 and was the one who recommend it to me.
Appreciate 0