BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

03-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #1
mrjbb77
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F95 X5MC, GT3RS, Huracan

Wheel Spacer, Lowering, and N63 Rumble Question

I just picked up a 2012 650i Convertible black. I'm looking to keep my current OEM 20" wheels, however, I'd like to slightly lower the vehicle due to wheel/tire gap. But if I lower the 650, I need to keep the wheels "flush" therefore I'm looking to add wheel spacers.

Can anyone post a pic of their F12 lowered on Stock wheels? Also, could anyone recommend any wheel spacers they've actually used?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by mrjbb77; 03-29-2015 at 01:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2015, 10:00 PM   #2
mrjbb77
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Im looking into these springs (Click Here).

Any suggestion's greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 01:28 AM   #3
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosleepsheep View Post
Im looking into these springs (Click Here).

Any suggestion's greatly appreciated.
Do not put anything other than H&R springs on your BMW, nothing else sits or feels right. Eibach is a close second but for the 650 i think they barely lower at all. Mine is lowered on H&R's on 20" wheels but not the stocks. If you want a good set of spacers check out Burger Tuning, they sell spacers in black with extended bolts which you will need, and whatever size you want. 12mm front and 15mm rear or 10mmF/12mmR depending on how aggressive you want to go, make sure you get the F chassis spacers, E chassis bolts will not fit. Also when you order the springs contact H&R and make sure you get the right part number for the 650 convertible and give that number to whatever shop is ordering and even check the box when they arrive. Myself and others got the wrong springs first time around because these cars are newer and not a lot of people lower them so shops are not ordering the right P/N's. Congrats on the awesome car and happy modding!! This is how mine sits:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 01:54 AM   #4
mrjbb77
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
Do not put anything other than H&R springs on your BMW, nothing else sits or feels right. Eibach is a close second but for the 650 i think they barely lower at all. Mine is lowered on H&R's on 20" wheels but not the stocks. If you want a good set of spacers check out Burger Tuning, they sell spacers in black with extended bolts which you will need, and whatever size you want. 12mm front and 15mm rear or 10mmF/12mmR depending on how aggressive you want to go, make sure you get the F chassis spacers, E chassis bolts will not fit. Also when you order the springs contact H&R and make sure you get the right part number for the 650 convertible and give that number to whatever shop is ordering and even check the box when they arrive. Myself and others got the wrong springs first time around because these cars are newer and not a lot of people lower them so shops are not ordering the right P/N's. Congrats on the awesome car and happy modding!! This is how mine sits:
Thank you for all of the useful info! I'll use only H&R springs.

I have another question that has nothing to do with the above subject...I've noticed that my F12 rumbles and somewhat shakes when idling. I've read that it's normal for the N63 engines to rumble or shake a bit while idle...is that correct or have non of you had this issue?

When I bought it last night I think the dealer didn't put premium, and I've just topped it off with premium but it's still rumbling...it's not a smooth idle.

Should I be worried?!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 06:44 AM   #5
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Regular gas wouldn't make it idle rough. It's also difficult to gage what you mean by rumbling. Did your car have the N63 campaign work preformed on it? That's step 1. Step 2 is to add Chevron Techron fuel additive to a tank every 3 to 4k miles.

Welcome and congratulations.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2015, 01:05 PM   #6
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosleepsheep View Post
Thank you for all of the useful info! I'll use only H&R springs.

I have another question that has nothing to do with the above subject...I've noticed that my F12 rumbles and somewhat shakes when idling. I've read that it's normal for the N63 engines to rumble or shake a bit while idle...is that correct or have non of you had this issue?

When I bought it last night I think the dealer didn't put premium, and I've just topped it off with premium but it's still rumbling...it's not a smooth idle.

Should I be worried?!
Sure man anytime!! The minimum requirement for the 650 is 91oct fuel so I hope you didn't put in anything lower. If you did just don't drive the car hard, just like a grandma until you're out of fuel and then fill a full tank of 91 or higher if you live in states that offer 93, then like Bonz said add a fuel additive like the chevron or I personally use Redline SI-1 and you should be good. If the problem persists take it back to the dealer and have them change spark plugs, injectors, check the Vanos, etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2015, 10:18 AM   #7
raym3cs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: San Marino M3CS

I actually just ordered the BMS spacers for my 650 grand Coupe I'm going to be running a 12 mm upfront and a 15 mm in the back on OEM 19 inch wheels...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2015, 04:19 PM   #8
jwblack750
MBACPA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 640xi Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgcoupe View Post
I actually just ordered the BMS spacers for my 650 grand Coupe I'm going to be running a 12 mm upfront and a 15 mm in the back on OEM 19 inch wheels...
I just installed 10mm and 15mm on my F06 this morning, and I'm loving the more aggressive look! These pics are a bit duplicative, since I posted them on another wheel spacer thread this morning, but here they are again...

First one is a before shot...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0