BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-02-2014, 06:08 PM   #1
cfunicelli
Rep
Drives: m6 gran coupe

A story about an M6

hey guys, so i had this project for my public speaking class to do some descriptive storytelling, and there was nothing better i could think of than writing about my m6 GC! Since everyone on here are clearly m6 heads i figured i might as well share my story! i would love your feedback as well and attached is a picture so you can visualize my story a little better ..here it goes!

As I was sitting, thinking of what I could possibly talk to you guys about; knowing that I am not that creative when it comes to descriptive writing, and the fact is that I have never actually done it before. I remembered something, something that was said last class session, “Just talk about something you love”. After recalling this simple sentence, it came to me, as easy as that. I just thought about what it was that I had the most passion for; and decided to go with it. With that being said, I hope I can move you to feel the same way, if only for a moment.
It all started on that day; that day when I was finally able to meet it; after SIX MONTHS of anticipation! The day was sunny and I was about to arrive at the parking lot of my destination, aware that it would be sitting near the entrance. I pulled up, finally, able to glance over; and there it was. The frozen bronze paint shining in the sun, its muscles flexing at every curve; brought out by the matte color. The 5 spoke wheels, complimenting the brakes behind it, that flare out at attention. I was finally walking up to it and there it was in the flesh. Key in hand I press the unlock button. All of a sudden; it’s awoken. How you may ask? The amber lights on the sides suddenly flash, followed by the lighting up of 2 bright white halo rings acting as eyes and an eyebrow on each side of what is called the kidney grill, the signature front feature of a BMW.
You open the door and immediately the M on the door jam illuminates in amber, inside the canyon brown leather mimics the color of a buffalo. It screams luxury; then you notice the contrast stitching, the carbon fiber center and door accents. Add this to the carbon fiber roof and quad exhaust pipes and you get the perfect blend of luxury and sport…Although, it doesn’t quite end there; this is just one dimension of its beauty; some may consider it only a means of transportation. But the fact is, it is a work of art.
After stepping in and getting situated in the drivers seat, It feels like you’re in a cockpit rather than a car. And for its next trick, you hold down the brake pedal while pressing the start button. This is when it really comes to life; a constant roar like that of a grizzly bear is there to greet you. It idles, as you marvel over its sheer beauty, and the fact is that the view from the drivers seat is certainly no exception.
Then all of a sudden, there you are, on your way, hands wrapped around the thick leather steering wheel with its signature blue and red stitching. Distinguished by the M logo and the paddle shifters that sit comfortably in front of your fingertips. (LONG PAUSE) At that point you realize; this car has two personalities.
On one hand you are cruising down the road, gently, comfortably, enjoying the scenery and thinking about your destination and whatever else might be on your mind. The car acts as a gentleman, sophisticated and luxurious. Its rear seats spacious and soft, the front has many features all the way down to seat heaters and coolers. A place, where you would definitely like to be for an extended period of time.
Aside from the luxury, you cant help but notice the sporty lines and sleek look; couple that with the roar from the exhaust and you are also aware that there is something else lurking beneath the hood, although you are not quite sure what. As you drive along, you suddenly feel an urge. An urge to explore this other side and see what this car is really about under its luxuries outer coat.
The car has many different settings that are adjustable on the fly; you decide to put it in the sportiest setting. Resulting in a firmer ride quality, tighter steering, lightning quick shifts and best of all…no traction control. As you drive along slowly, you click the left paddle three times, suddenly, the RPM’s jump, the engine is roaring and that’s when it begins. Out the window goes luxury, what you find beneath is a monster, the grizzly bear you awoke with the press of the start button. You are in a space ship ready to travel at the speed of light. As your heart rate rises, and your adrenaline kicks in, you do it. You completely floor the gas. Immediately; thrown into the back of your seat as the tires spin violently forcing you to muscle the steering wheel in order to keep the car straight. This is just the beginning; once the tires hook and you gain traction, you are propelled forward like a rollercoaster out of the gate, hitting redline in no time. As you hit redline, clicking the right paddle, again and again the upshifts hit you with the type of recoil that follows when pulling the trigger of a shotgun. 60, 80, 100, 120, 140…it just keeps climbing; leaving anything you may have considered fast in its wake.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #2
cfunicelli
Rep
Drives: m6 gran coupe

keep in mind this was made for a speech so the grammar isnt really perfected! also credentials for the speech was 4-5 minutes and i was speaking to a class mostly filled with people that have little knowledge of cars so i wasnt able to get into depth!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #3
MaxM3F80
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3,F80

Beautiful! !!!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
This thing is just beautiful!

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 08:37 AM   #5
363ny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

The frozen bronze on the GC is stunning! Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
michel lane
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 F13

You have to much time on your hands ! .. I usually find that chatting up the woman and getting shot down improves my public speaking skills .. Need to focus on there eyebrow rather than there boobs next time ...lol .. Well done
Appreciate 0