BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 Coupe

contrast stitching standard?

Waiting for my M6 coupe to arrive so to pass the time I'm scouring every coupe pic online...

Anyone know if contrast stitching is standard? I've got standard black leather interior, not full.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2012, 06:30 PM   #2
6th BMW
Private
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 View Post
Waiting for my M6 coupe to arrive so to pass the time I'm scouring every coupe pic online...

Anyone know if contrast stitching is standard? I've got standard black leather interior, not full.

Thanks.
I'm glad you asked this question - been wondering the same thing and trying to figure it out - waiting for an M6 coupe full black inside. btw, i think i've watched every You-Tube video of M6s...twice!!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Contrast stitching appears to be a by-product of a "individual" option. Of course, I haven't seen a lot of examples in person, but that's what my sales advisor said. Sort of like the piping on the seats in the "individual" leather 650s.

Go to the BMW "build your one" selection of the site, Spec a car with Zandvoort beige or Sakir orange. In the bottom right select the big picture and then the magnifying glass symbol. Then do the same with "Individual" Champage or Amaro brown. The contrast stitching would be apparent in all cases, but is only present on the last two.

Unsure what's expected with a full leather black car. Clearly there's no white contrast stitching etc. That appears pretty clear.

I too really like it though and it's worth jumping from $3.5k for just full to $5K for a rarer interior color IMHO.

Last edited by BigHat; 10-10-2012 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Take a look at the m6 pics here: http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647170

If you look at the sakhir orange coupe black interior it looks like it's partial leather and I can see white stitching. But this is a launch car so may have been spec'd differently.

I've found this across the board with the options on the m6, it's really tough to figure out how much merino leather is included in extended leather. On my E92 M3 I get merino leather on the arm rests but it appears that on the m6 its the rougher nappa leather...

Also don't even get me started on weather or not we'll get the updated nav professional with the new UI....
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #5
BigHat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 E93

Quote:
Take a look at the m6 pics here: http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=647170

If you look at the sakhir orange coupe black interior it looks like it's partial leather and I can see white stitching. But this is a launch car so may have been spec'd differently.

I've found this across the board with the options on the m6, it's really tough to figure out how much merino leather is included in extended leather. On my E92 M3 I get merino leather on the arm rests but it appears that on the m6 its the rougher nappa leather...

Also don't even get me started on weather or not we'll get the updated nav professional with the new UI....
I agree that it's confusing. I have a friend that is going on his fifth M5 and apparently thinks he's getting short changed on his order regarding the leather.

Have you seen the bulletin on the new iDrive and UI? You should be "good to go." Again, I can only offer opinions, but I think the debut cars shipped before it was incorporated, but the M6 was in the first models to get it. So an Aug/Sep build should have the update. The strange thing is the the 650 is the LAST car to get in March '13 builds. I'm still on the fence between the M6 and the 650. That I have to wait until Feb to assure a March build with the new iDrive is a pain. Just don't know if it's a $24K pain between the two cars to motor around DC and VA at 40 mph most of the time.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 08:51 PM   #6
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Quote:

Thanks.
I have Blk Sapphire/Full Silverstone M6. It has black contrast stitching. I believe the standard silverstone did as well. Actually it is more subtle than I thought it would be, but is very nice touch.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ATPC's

I have only seen the contrast sticthing on the full merino optioned two tone combo interior. Also V8, the amount of leather in the M6 on the full is crazy. I would say about 85-90% of the interior surfaces (door panel,dash top/bottom, center console, rear passenger side panels are leather. i was cleaning mine the other day and all I kept touching was soft leather. I had to keep looking for stitching to confirm.

New Idrive is a negative right now. My build date was the 2nd week of september and i don't have it. The 5/7 and 3 series have it now. i have a 3351 loaner right now 2013 and it has it.

Good call, I stand corrected. I just went out and checked, the 328I does not have the new system. It has the hollow outline selection box and not the partially shaded one.
Attached Images

Last edited by PrecisionP; 10-11-2012 at 02:34 AM.. Reason: Corrected info
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #8
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F16 X6 50i / E71 X6 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrecisionP View Post
New Idrive is a negative right now. My build date was the 2nd week of september and i don't have it. The 5/7 and 3 series have it now. i have a 3351 loaner right now 2013 and it has it.

Just curious.... how do you know that you don't have it.... Fitmaster picked his up in sept and it has it.... He posted pictures...

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739937
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #9
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufussCkingston View Post
Just curious.... how do you know that you don't have it.... Fitmaster picked his up in sept and it has it.... He posted pictures...

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=739937
I thought so to I have has 3D buildings to in limited areas but it's not the new new one. I think he should have the same. The new one has the fancy graphics on the very left of the screen as you go through the menus and such (Kind of like Web 2.0 stuff). In a few hours at lunch I will snap some shots of the 3 series loaner I have that has it.

The only way i could be mistaken and I do have the new system is that I asked for the european maps while i'm over here in germany and they had to put a "lower grade" version of the system to compliment that. But that would be a situation for all the ED folks as well. I still have the 6NR option code on my buyers list.
      10-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #10
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

The easiest way to tell is by looking at the orange rectangle when you select an item (at least a item that is a sentence)

In the old version it is a hollow orange outline box or rectangle. In the new one, as scene in the demo video, it is a partially transparent solid orange rectangle or box.

At least that is my amateur investigative conclusion!

RCK
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #11
RufussCkingston
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

WAIT..... what makes you think your loaner has it???? F30 roll out is not till November based on the schedule....... Also, the screen size in the F30 is 8.8 vs 10.2, so it may have a slightly diff layout that makes you think it is new, or just the smaller screen makes it look more crisp, and since it is a smaller car, it is closer to you.

Just some random thoughts....
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #12
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Good call, I stand corrected. I just went out and checked, the 328I does not have the new system. It has the hollow outline selection box and not the partially shaded one.
      10-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #13
dutycalls
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6

My Sept build M6 Coupe does NOT have the new Nav. Disappointed! UK spec.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 09:18 PM   #14
noushy
///M Fan
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp, X5M Comp, iX M60

Contrasting stitching only an option in the US via individual leather. They quoted me $5000 and any colors I wanted. Not worth it went with full merino in Sakhir.
2023 Audi RS6 Avant Daytona Gray/Black
2024 BMW X5M Comp Brooklyn Gray/Taruma Brown, Titanium Exhaust on order
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 03:20 PM   #15
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Some more pics of my interior for folks on the full or not so full leather fence
Attached Images

10-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #16
V8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Dude! That's a serious amount of cow! Looks great, almost regret no ticking the full leather box but mine's black so wouldn't be as apparent as yours. Thanks for the pics.
Can't wait to get mine. Sitting in Bimmer Heaven waiting for a ride...

Last edited by V8; 10-12-2012 at 06:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2012, 07:16 PM   #17
6th BMW
Private
Rep

so i'm confused, if i got full black (not individual) but the 3500 dollar option...is the stitching a lighter contrast...it looks like it is on the bmw site but who knows?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 12:46 AM   #18
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude! That's a serious amount of cow! Looks great, almost regret no ticking the full leather box but mine's black so wouldn't be as apparent as yours. Thanks for the pics.
Can't wait to get mine. Sitting in Bimmer Heaven waiting for a ride...
Yes I was thoroughly shocked. It makes it semi easy to carry around cleaning supplies, with really only two needs, a good leather cleaner and a stock of microfiber products.

I'm learning about this "real leather" as people keep telling me. I guess I'm used to the hard cheap stuff. You will enjoy it no matter the interior choice, it's the wait that will give you the coronary.
      10-13-2012, 12:50 AM   #19
PrecisionP
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6th BMW View Post
so i'm confused, if i got full black (not individual) but the 3500 dollar option...is the stitching a lighter contrast...it looks like it is on the bmw site but who knows?
I'm not sure. Where I am at there are on;y 2 coupes around. A launch one with akropovic and mine. If I go do some driving today to the big cities I will stop at a few dealers to see if I see one with the full black option and snap some pics of the interior.
      10-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #20
Stonehands
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

I did not notice this before. My seats have contrast stitching but the rest of the leather is not. I have the full leather. It appears the contrast is limited to the seats only. Perhaps there are different levels based upon option setup. I am sidetracked with another issue with it.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2012, 09:32 PM   #21
ManhattanBMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Full Black white/grey stitching on seats only

I have the full black leather interior, and it has a white/grey contrast stitching only on the seats, but I believe when your order one one the individual colors, it extends to the dash as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #22
6th BMW
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanBMW View Post
I have the full black leather interior, and it has a white/grey contrast stitching only on the seats, but I believe when your order one one the individual colors, it extends to the dash as well.
soundds like the answer here. thanks!
Appreciate 0