BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-24-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
diablo2112
2024 M440i GC (G26)
Rep
Drives: 2024 M440i Gran Coupe

New 640i GC, Harmon Kardon Settings and Road Hazard Insurance?

Greetings, just made the jump to the 6 Gran Coupe after many years of 3-series. My local dealer had a very good deal I couldn't pass up, nearly $20k off MSRP. I didn't get my choice of color/options, but I'm happy with the car he had available.

So, 2 questions.

1) I've looked for recommend setting for the Logic 7 system in the Gran Coupe, and found none. I've tuned the system to my ear, and its pretty good, buy not as good as some of the settings I found for my 335s that were posted in the F30 forum.

2) I've never bought tire/wheel road hazard insurance before. My car has the 20" M-Sport rims and of course, RFTs. After reading much here, I decided that perhaps tire and wheel insurance wasn't such a bad idea. I'm on great terms with my dealership, so I think I got a decent price. They initially offered $900, and I negotiated down to $600.

$5k max payout for multiple claims, coverage for all tires on the car through the 36 month lease, and service through any BMW dealer. I know it's been discussed a lot, but I'm still on the fence whether this was a smart purchase. Given, the cost is low, but I'd still appreciate advice from more seasoned 6 owners. Thoughts?

Anyway, let me say hi, fantastic car, and thanks for all your prior posts that I read to get educated on this model.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 08:57 AM   #2
doug_999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M/2021 992/2023 X3

You don't mention where you live. Either way at $600 (which is an unbelievable price) you made the right call. That's the price of basically one bubble.

My RFTs are sitting in my basement (even though I bought the insurance) - I will probably put them on for the last summer of owning the car (next year). I didn't like the "ride" but loved the handling with them (compared to my conti DWS that are on there now). Of course I'm in Chicago where you have to have that insurance or else (had a bubble in the first 3 weeks).

PS - my dealer says that the insurance covers you even if you switch out the tires.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 02:07 PM   #3
363ny
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Congrats on the new 6.

Below are my EQ settings for 6GC. On the tone page I have bass set to -1, treble set to 0, and very important surround set to off.

And as Doug already mentioned $600 is a fantastic deal for the wheel and tire protection. When I got my 6, the dealer wanted close to $3K for the BMW plan - so I passed. What you probably want to consider is do you plan to roll with the RFT or if not, if not will the insurance cover other tires?
Appreciate 0