BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Closed Thread

05-26-2016, 02:45 PM   #89
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Well I guess I'll have to go trade in my car for a new Pontiac.

Wait... awwww.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 06:52 AM   #90
MSCD
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i Convertible

Garage List
This is an interesting commercial. Does the phase fit the Pontiac GTO - I have not driven one, I have an appreciation for them, but when I think of driving machines that doesn't immediately come to mind. BMW evoked more of that feeling, the controls in most models up to the 2000's were all crafted to be in reach of the driver (what no cup holders - you don't need to have a coffee when you are driving the ultimate driving machine).... BMW designs the wheels to be close to the corners for handling. I'm a car guy... I like cars. The burbling sound of the big block V8's makes me turn and look, but when I here the straight six of the BMW I know immediately what it is and I smile. Different strokes - no one is wrong. Enjoy your cars.
      05-27-2016, 08:16 AM   #91
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335
Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryClub007 View Post
It's a great strategic marketing commercial, because at that point you aren't trying to sell a GT350/R, you are putting the brand FORD out there, which will bring in other people.
Exactly. Creating an aspirational product - something that evokes a kid to want to put a poster of that GT350R on his wall.
I've seen billboards of mustangs with the slogan "feel the burn".

Ummmm
      05-31-2016, 03:44 AM   #92
IS3andME
Major
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS300

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Eh I don't buy it. Is the Mustang a muscle or sports car. It did/does both well, isn't that why Carol Shelby used it as the base for the 67 GT500 and GT350. So i guess we'll call that a sports muscle car?

Anyway, Isolating a car to a specific category is just a way excuse a bad idea and engineering otherwise they would never have ceased production. For me there's 2 categories: cars built to go fast and cars not built to go fast. Why buy a car built to go fast thats slower than other cars available? Cuda, Charger Mach 1, Vette, were all faster no? I don't get the GTO. I don't know enough about it but I'm assuming the GTO Judge was in limited production hence why it's revered with such blind love. I prefer all the aforementioned cars even when it comes to looks, but of course that's subjective I'm sure plenty disagree. It was a cool car but for me it no where near the top muscle car.
The Mustang is a pony car aka the working man's sports car. The Muscle car was created by putting a bigger, more powerful engine in the mid sized or smaller body.
Shelby helped make the Mustang into better sports car, but not one that could really compete with the Corvette in terms of handling. The Corvette was "America's Sports Car". Had Ford not decided to make the Thunderbird into a Four place "personal luxury car", it would have continued on as Ford's sports car. Because this didn't happen, the Mustang did double duty as the pony/sports car.

The Cuda was smaller than the GTO, it was even smaller than the 3rd gen GTO. the Cuda was the pony car for Mopar. Both the first and 2nd gen Chargers (b body) were about the same size as the GTO.

Truth be told, the term "Muscle Car" tends to be applied to any American car with a hi-po V8 or V10. Yes, even the Viper has been called a Muscle Car, when it is a sports car. The current Viper is shorter in length than the Porsche 911. So, the term "Muscle Car" has morphed from something definitive, to mean, "American Muscle".
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2016, 04:52 PM   #93
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElementalCashew
My last car, 500WHP of NA awesomeness. I miss it sometimes.
[IMG]http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...psyxfx3pe3.jpg[/IMG]
How did you get 500whp out of that!? Didn't it get 400 at the crank for the 6.0?
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #94
TheElementalCashew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mywifes335 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
How did you get 500whp out of that!? Didn't it get 400 at the crank for the 6.0?
I'm interested too. My TBSS had the LS2 and put down "maybe" 400whp with intake, tune, headers, throttle body and exhaust.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElementalCashew
My last car, 500WHP of NA awesomeness. I miss it sometimes.
[IMG]http://i551.photobucket.com/albums/i...psyxfx3pe3.jpg[/IMG]
Huh, just saw these posts. I had heads, cam, intake, tune, supporting mods, CAI, headers, catback, and all the drivetrain upgrades to handle the power.
It made like 360 at the wheels stock. IIRC the actual whp number after all mods was 492 or something like that. Wtq I think was in the 430s.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 04:58 PM   #95
Mywifes335
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 FBO M235i

Quote:
I'm interested too. My TBSS had the LS2 and put down "maybe" 400whp with intake, tune, headers, throttle body and exhaust.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread