BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-30-2014, 01:01 PM   #1
Bimmercrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 F10, SG/Black

Illuminating 'Gran Coupe' hidden by tint on rear windows...

Hi, I think I read on a thread that a member had tried to fix this, or had a solution - the Sun Protection Glass looks great but with it you can no longer see the GC logo through the glass of each rear door.

Contemplating a solution but not convinved. Anyone tried illuminating it or know of a solution (apart from cutting a silly hole on the tint - that has already been suggested LOL)?

Thanks!
      10-30-2014, 01:31 PM   #2
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmercrazy View Post
Hi, I think I read on a thread that a member had tried to fix this, or had a solution - the Sun Protection Glass looks great but with it you can no longer see the GC logo through the glass of each rear door.

Contemplating a solution but not convinved. Anyone tried illuminating it or know of a solution (apart from cutting a silly hole on the tint - that has already been suggested LOL)?

Thanks!
if your could get that part made in clouded clear acrylic you could probably rig some LED's to light it up.. which would be asweome.

As the pioneering innovator in this endeavor I would expect it to be pretty pricey. You would need the plastic water or laser cut, unless by some miracle the GC is clear under the chrome.

|| Vorsteiner FF-103 || BMS JB4 || Meisterschaft GTC || RPI || IND || Challenge ||
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
Bimmercrazy
Private
Rep
Drives: M5 F10, SG/Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3THOD View Post
if your could get that part made in clouded clear acrylic you could probably rig some LED's to light it up.. which would be asweome.

As the pioneering innovator in this endeavor I would expect it to be pretty pricey. You would need the plastic water or laser cut, unless by some miracle the GC is clear under the chrome.
Thank you for your suggestion and help, but that sounds beyond my means. I'll let you know if I come across another alternative.
      11-03-2014, 05:58 AM   #4
SpokenHands
Certified Car Nut
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AMG GTC + RR Velar + 640d GC

Garage List
I bought the 6GC for its refined elegance. So the muted Gran Coupe chrome work under the sun protection GLASS (not a tint by the way) doesn't bother me. But I guess for those it does, you could affix the chrome work to the outside glass near the hoffmeister kink. It's going to look desperate and posy but that's the whole point, isn't it?

Current: 2018 Range Rover Velar First Edition D300 HSE + 2018 AMG GT-C Coupe + 2013 6 Series BMW GranCoupe (October)
Retired: 2016 AMG-GTS Coupe, 2013 & 2012 Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale,2016 3-Series Touring, 2009 5 Series GT, 2007 BMW M5, 2012 & 2006 BMW 1 Series
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
Krash7172
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e, 2020 X4

Just buy 4GC decals.
Appreciate 0