BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      04-26-2016, 09:41 PM   #1
Mustbnic3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Recommended intake kit?

Had maximum PSI intake on my F80 m3 and was a great product. Unfortunately they do not offer an intake for the m6 so I was looking at BMS intake kit. Is it worth it ? Are people seeing actual gains?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

Intakes are usually a waste and can hurt midrange in exchange for higher hp at the top end. Even if you get 5-10 hp, the seat of pants rule is gains of less than 10-15% are not felt. You need to add a tune that works with the intake to get max benefit.

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #3
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1246543

Ramair DIY

https://www.instagram.com/jnosol/ video of Ramair setup
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

I have the AFE Intake with their Ram air scoops and Love it and made Great power with it..

A lot of people are doing the DIY way, or the kit which runs the filters directly in front of the grill.. Im not a fan.

The AFE kit installs larger ports and filters but contains it in box that is fed Ram air thru the Factory Intake piping and additional Scoops.. This keeps the filters free from direct rain, and sand and debris while also opening up the flow and keeping fresh cold air on it at all times. It works PERFECT and I felt additional power and saw it for myself on the dyno after the install..

The Kits where the filters go to the Front Grill scare me because of my past experience with driving thru sand or dust storms and heavy down pours. You can say its safe all you want, and im sure many people have had no issues, but I wont put my cars filters in the direct flow of that crap, ESP on windy days and sand by the beach..

The BMS filter under the hood works, but im sure it also sucks in some warm air when idling around town and traffic..

AFE kit with scoops was pretty pricey but im 100% happy with the results and the added minded comfort and safety.. Just my personal opinon. Im sure the AFE and the Direct Grill kits will have the same power gains on a clean clear day..
      05-15-2016, 09:28 PM   #5
sinasayyah
Rep
Drives: Frozen Silver F12 M6

Eventuri

Has anybody used or heard anything about the Eventuri intake? It looks beautiful, and also has ram air scoops, but is it any good?

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...FRCOaQodv2IC_A
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 11:25 PM   #6
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinasayyah View Post
Has anybody used or heard anything about the Eventuri intake? It looks beautiful, and also has ram air scoops, but is it any good?

https://www.vividracing.com/catalog/...FRCOaQodv2IC_A
it is, indeed, very nice but similar set up can be had for a fraction of the price. It's an insult what they charge for it.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #7
sinasayyah
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHouseWon View Post
it is, indeed, very nice but similar set up can be had for a fraction of the price. It's an insult what they charge for it.
Such as the burger intake ($400) with some air scoops ($250)? at $2400, I still think it beats the gruppe M or the Dinan setup, thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 01:19 PM   #8
Johnhanson
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

I'm looking at moving to an M6 GC from my RS5. I have the Eventuri on my RS5 and it is amazing how much power it makes. Is suggest reading some of their propaganda - they have a solid reputation for making good power (20-30hp) legitimately and independently tested on previous NA M cars. A bunch of us got them to apply it to the RS5 and the results held up - guys are doing independent dynos getting about 20-25 hp and about 20NM midrange torque increases. The reason is their use of the Venturi effect laminar flow concept - very different from any other intake system.

If I do step into a M6 I'll get one ASAP hands down. Worth every penny. Especially when you consider what is being dropped on Akra/MSport exhausts. And I'm not even mentioning how sexy it looks. I'm not sure what their gains are on FI cars but I imagine with a tune you could be looking at a lot of power.

Here's my engine bay before and after.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-16-2016, 01:53 PM   #9
Johnhanson
Private
Rep
Drives: X6 50i

I would also add - you get what you pay for with the Eventuri. It is full CF - whereas other "CF" intakes are made of CF coated plastic. The fitment is perfect and install relatively easy (as easy as working on Audis can be - M6 install looks like it's probably easier). I would also add the company is great to work with and takes a lot of pride in their product. You can email the engineers directly with requests or concerns, and they go above and beyond with quality - ie they measured the carbon weave on our engine covers so their weave would match - unlike the GruppeM. Zero unhappy customers as far as I know.

I can post up links to some other forums if people want more info.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #10
sinasayyah
Rep

CEL

Talked to my SA today and he cautioned me about switching the intake, saying like any aftermarket part, if they can prove that it caused the issue, no coverage. Anybody hear anything about CEL or other issues with the Eventuri or any other intakes?
Appreciate 0